We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread

Go down 
+11
gjones
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
oldschool
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
JayMoyles
Admin
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptySun 29 Apr 2018 - 4:24

I had fun with it. And I can imagine it getting used once or twice again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptySun 29 Apr 2018 - 18:55

I didn't really. It requires a lack of embarrassment that I... er, lack.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 30 Apr 2018 - 13:06

Game Gear game sells one copy at US Retail in Q1 2018:

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/4/28/17296778/wtf-game-gear-sonic-the-hedgehog-2-npd-oddities
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 10:04

Christ, don't let all the "Dreamcast still lives" types hear.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 11:42

Drunkalilly wrote:
Christ, don't let all the "Dreamcast still lives" types hear.

More so than the Wii U
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 18:50

To be fair, that's like saying something's funnier than Mrs. Brown's Boys. Damning with the faintest of praise.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed 2 May 2018 - 11:32

Isn't that popular though?

I don't know what comparison you would use instead as the Dreamcast has and is getting a lot of new games with some sort of official like Flashback which the company that released it owning the IP and got the original creator's blessing to bring it out again.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed 2 May 2018 - 12:27

The Big Bang Theory is popular, I'd still rather put my hand in a blender.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed 2 May 2018 - 12:31

Blender for me then.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed 2 May 2018 - 13:41

I'm going to avoid Will it Blend? for a while Pale No
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed 2 May 2018 - 18:45

masofdas wrote:
Isn't that popular though?

Isn't funny though. Infamous for being unfunny. Even more so than TBBT.

Happily I don't own a blender.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed 9 May 2018 - 16:07

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was the UK's Number 2 last week but I've got some facts about it.

On the all-format chart, much like BotW both the Switch and Wii U sells of that week are added together with the Wii U version selling 44 copies which actually makes it the Number 1 Wii U game last week.

Yes that's right you can be a UK Number 1 on Wii U if you sell 44 copies, that going back to the whole PSP and DS chart chat, I think we could easily get something to Number 1 in one of those as you'd think both would be less popular than the Wii U.

DK launch sells on Switch were 53.7% higher than the Wii U versions launch and the Switch version has already sold 17% of the total amount sold on Wii U.

God of War was still Number 1 and comfortably even with sells down 56% week-on-week.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyWed 9 May 2018 - 17:09

Double Post and I know that last one was only like 30mins ago but NEWS.

EA has announced some numbers which are interesting, they say current gen systems (PS4 + ONE) hit 103m at the end of 2017, we know the PS4 sold 73.6m (something like 77m now) by the end of 2017 meaning that 29.4m Xbox Ones have been sold.

EA reckon by the end of 2018, current gen will have sold 130m units, which means this year 27m systems should sell between PS4 and Xbox One.

Sony plans to shift 16m PS4's this year, which means according to EA 11m Xbox One's will be sold.

If you go back through EA numbers over the past 4 years the Xbox One sold roughly 19m in the first 2 years avg 9.5m a year and 10m in the second two years avg 5m a year or an overall avg of 7.35m a year.

That it's a rather big jump from 5m last year to what would be over double at 11m which to me means a decent E3 showing or massive price cut.

EA doesn't mention the Switch but we know it has sold 17.79m in a year and Nintendo plans to shift 20m this year which would put it at 37.79m by the end of 2018 (roughly) that if the Switch continues selling avg of 18.9m a year and the Xbox One was to keep selling 11m a year (more like 7.35m, not the 11m EA reckon) it will pass the Xbox One likely before it's second birthday in 2019.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 16:09

I've not talked charts for a while and just feel like doing so, maybe a certain Switch title came out and has sold out at most places not just in the UK but the USA & Japan has peaked my interest.

The UK Top 10 All-Format looks like this:
1. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
2. LEGO The Incredibles
3. Octopath Traveler
4. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
5. God of War
6. FIFA 18
7. Jurassic World: Evolution
8. Mario Tennis Aces
9. Far Cry 5
10. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Meaning four Switch Exclusives are in the Top 10 when was the last time Nintendo (who also published Octopath outside of Japan) had 4 games in the Top 10.

Some facts, Octopath has sold double that of either Bravely game did at launch, Captain Toad has a 93%/7% split between Switch/3DS and unlike Donkey Kong sells were down 40% over the Wii U versions launch but might have something to do with Octopath or actual other games coming out for the Switch unlike the Wii U.

Chart-Track hasn't updated there site so can't tell you what was the number 1 Wii U or PSP game was or what the individual Top 10 looks like as I wouldn't be shocked to see Octopath as Number 1 on that.

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 16:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 16:13

Yeah, I'm really surprised by how well Octopath is selling for what seems to be a niche game. I could only think that it's captured both your core Switch fans who are jonesing for a traditional RPG and those looking for a retro styled throwback RPG. I'm chuffed for Square Enix, for sure!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 16:16

I think it's going to be a bit like Persona 5 do super well, to begin with, the hardcore and be close to number 1 and do great numbers for what it then peters out.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 16:21

I can easily seeing it breaking a million copies which is great for a JRPG, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 16:27

Xenoblade 2 is on 1.31m and Octopath seems from the 4hrs so far the much better game and also seems to have more buzz around it that I can see it overtaking that and maybe getting to the 2m mark like a Persona 5.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 17:47

XC2 had the help of the buzz around the franchise though, whereas this is a totally new IP.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 18:52

I know it's a new IP but I think most interested in it would know its from the Bravely Team and in turn sort of connected to FF.

Anyway, Chart-Track has updated there site

The individual chart looks like this
1st OCTOPATH TRAVELER SWITCH
2 CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY XB ONE
3 CAPTAIN TOAD: TREASURE TRACKER SWITCH
4 GOD OF WAR PS4, if we were talking money brought in and not units sold then this number 2 behind Octopath
5 CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGY SWITCH
6 LEGO THE INCREDIBLES PS4
7 MARIO TENNIS ACES SWITCH
8 MARIO KART 8 DELUXE SWITCH
9 LEGO THE INCREDIBLES XB ONE
10th JURASSIC WORLD: EVOLUTION PS4

Even better for Nintendo with 5 Switch games in the Top 10, what is this Japan?

Top PSP Brothers in Arms: D-Day, last week didn't have a chart that I'm guessing no PSP games sold last week and a total of 4 different games have this week
Top VITA Call of Duty Black Ops
Top PS3 FIFA 18
Top PS4 God of War
Top 360 FIFA 18
Top ONE Crash Bandicoot
Top PC The Sims 4, 6 of the Top 10 is The Sims 4 Something
Top DS iCarly
Top 3DS Mario Kart 7, MK7 is also number 35 in the Top 40 individual format and 33 in the Top 40 All-Format, Captain Toad 3DS is number 4 in the 3DS chart
Top Wii Just Dance 2018
Top Wii U The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild, Captain Toad is in the Wii U chart at number 15 and it's a new entry much like what happened to DKC also like DKC it would have counted towards the total sells in the all-format chart but the percentage must have been well basically zero if the Switch was 93% and 3DS was 7%
Top Switch Octopath
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 19:11

Bravely Default also, I recall, surpassed Squeenix's expectations. I know Octopath has surpassed that again, but still. You'd think they'd learn.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 22:42

masofdas wrote:

Top DS iCarly

The charts for DS always make me laugh. Laughing

I can't really blame them for not putting out masses of stock for Octopath. Like I've said elsewhere, it's a niche genre - albeit a niche game on a massive platform. Even still, the demand for the game coupled with the limited stock means it might be a hot ticket item for a good little while as they put more stock out there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue 17 Jul 2018 - 10:23

I wonder what Nintendo and Square based there numbers on.

The other thing is we keep getting told single players don't do well and then you see this and God of War etc and it's big news.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue 17 Jul 2018 - 15:23

I think that was a myth perpetrated by EA piping up about it years back. Single player games quite clearly do well and tend to be the most critically acclaimed too - the reason publishers don't like them is because they've got a shorter tail compared to your multiplayer games and they can't monetise that... thank god!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 EmptyTue 17 Jul 2018 - 19:05

Long may it continue to be so! The day EA dictate the direction of the games industry is the day we all fall into a mire of microtransactions and never surface.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread
Page 12 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next