We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker

Go down 
+22
Solve My Maze
Sentinator
fronkhead
Linkyshinks
Vidofnir
Jimbob
TGN Professor
masofdas
Admin
The_Jaster
Balladeer
wenywoowoo
Axis1500
SquidgyGoat
JayMoyles
Gwyn400
ZeroJones
Treesmurf
beemoh
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
shanks
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptySun 13 Oct 2013 - 22:58

I didn't mind the miniblins too much, mainly because they sound like they're saying "Danny, Danny" and it's always nice to have that personal touch in a game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013 - 2:38

treesmurf11 wrote:
I didn't mind the miniblins too much, mainly because they sound like they're saying "Danny, Danny" and it's always nice to have that personal touch in a game.
So you never played Black And White, then?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013 - 22:40

That's the one with the cows right?
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 0:43

treesmurf11 wrote:
That's the one with the cows right?
Yup.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 14:33

You know what Deku tree, KEEP THE DAMN LEAF!!
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 14:51

My main problem is the new first person aiming. Link is moving around. They seem to have tweaked it to be more like shooters. Apart from that it seems fine. I like that the songs display on the touch screen when you use the Wind Waker. I am wondering about Knuckle though. Since the Tingle Tuner is no longer available how are you to photograph him? Is he there on Tingle Island from the start now?
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 15:15

Sentinator wrote:
My main problem is the new first person aiming. Link is moving around. They seem to have tweaked it to be more like shooters. Apart from that it seems fine. I like that the songs display on the touch screen when you use the Wind Waker. I am wondering about Knuckle though. Since the Tingle Tuner is no longer available how are you to photograph him? Is he there on Tingle Island from the start now?
Hasn't the TT been replaced with GamePad functionality?
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 15:42

Not as far as I can tell. I'll have to talk to Tingle and see what happens. When I rescued him instead of giving you the TT he gives you a bottle to share messages on Miiverse.

Side note = 12 pictures is making this a lot easier thank you Nintendo. I can now take a few snaps of the mini bosses without having to worry.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 22:15

Sentinator wrote:
My main problem is the new first person aiming. Link is moving around. They seem to have tweaked it to be more like shooters.
Interesting - I haven't started playing it my sister's having a big issue with e.g. aiming the boomerang.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2013 - 22:13

Back again, Bally, on the open seas (well, below decks with Niko... but that counts, right?)! Everything's so crisp (with the possible exception of some of the shadows) and I'd forgotten just how characterful Toon Link is, compared to his po-faced counterpart from Ocarina Of Time and Twilight Princess.

In short, I'm already falling for what used to be my favourite 3D Zelda (the nostalgia rush of Skyward Sword topped it) all over again. Now, where's my boat?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2013 - 1:35

Half the time if it's day time I usually sail the whole distance somewhere and not use the cyclones mainly for the music
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2013 - 22:33

shanks wrote:
Half the time if it's day time I usually sail the whole distance somewhere and not use the cyclones mainly for the music
Samesies. There's something about 'fast travel' in games that can absolutely ruin the immersion for me. In AC:III I never walked anywhere, so the big ol' world they'd built meant nothing. Here, though, the characters and the music and the vibrant colours and the gorgeous sunsets mean I never want the journeys to end. A perfect, relaxing evening game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2013 - 23:28

Buskalilly wrote:
shanks wrote:
Samesies. There's something about 'fast travel' in games that can absolutely ruin the immersion for me. In AC:III I never walked anywhere, so the big ol' world they'd built meant nothing. Here, though, the characters and the music and the vibrant colours and the gorgeous sunsets mean I never want the journeys to end. A perfect, relaxing evening game.
Thirded. And, unlike Skyrim, you don't get random difficulty-curve-breaking dragons messing stuff up.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013 - 0:05

Buskalilly wrote:
shanks wrote:
Precisely the reason I don't fast travel in games if I can't help it. The developers made a big world to explore; why ignore it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013 - 2:33

Then it all get's ruined by a fricken giant octo that pops up in the middle of your journey
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013 - 23:18

Just reached here

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 JoB1Sfg

Love it so far. And the Swift Sail is great - it's fast and not annoying to use, but it doesn't spoil the game at all (like quick travel).
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2013 - 1:51

I don't have the swift sail, mainly as it didn't come up in auction when I was on Windset island last, did get a heart piece
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyMon 25 Nov 2013 - 8:19

Slid this effortlessly back into the disc slot after deciding that Deus Ex wasn't for me. Not many games could claim time away from a new Pokémon title but Wind Waker HD is just so beautiful. The King of Red Lions and I have met up, he's got his sail, and I'm sorting out the problems of Dragon Roost Island because I'm such a gallant lad (I blame the costume). Sailing is as much of a pleasure to me as it was when I first played the game. Just... ace.

And yet it'll be swapped out come Super Mario 3D World... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptySun 27 Apr 2014 - 19:21

I've spent a whopping ten hours on this game over the last three weeks, and blimey! What a looker it is. I've just wrestled the Nayru's Pearl from the great Jabun, and I'm currently dossing around a bit before I progress. I didn't appreciate it so much as a youth, but simply drifting out to sea and idly filling in the chart is compelling.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptySun 27 Apr 2014 - 20:22

It really is a site to behold, isn't it? I really hope I find myself with a nice quiet month some time to just spend exploring every inch of the ocean.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyMon 28 Apr 2014 - 22:11

Agreed. I'm making a big effort to check round all of the squares this time; I've found at least 3 octos that I hadn't found before. I'm definitely going to 100% it this time...
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyMon 28 Apr 2014 - 23:38

It felt completely new to me when I played it which is testament to just how much there was to see, I was going for the 100% myself until I realised I missed a pictograph I couldn't go back and get so I'll have to try again next time round.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014 - 0:52

Treesmurf wrote:
It felt completely new to me when I played it which is testament to just how much there was to see, I was going for the 100% myself until I realised I missed a pictograph I couldn't go back and get so I'll have to try again next time round.

That's so annoying when games are designed like that, in fact it's poor design as it shouldn't be blocking you from doing anything.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014 - 0:57

Well it's not a major thing, worst case scenario if I carried trying to get everything I'd have only been missing one sculpture and it's my fault for missing it too, I was well aware I needed to get a picture of it but just let it slip me by.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 EmptyTue 29 Apr 2014 - 1:06

Ahh I see, why can't you go back for it though? Advanced the story too much? I still dislike it when games do this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next