We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)

Go down 
+11
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
Axis1500
shanks
fronkhead
Admin
ZeroJones
masofdas
oldschool
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 8:37

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Mega Glalie is a big fanny. Otherwise I'm really liking this game - I'm enjoying it much more than Pokémon Link Battle.

Any tips for beating Mega Glalie, by the way? Have you managed it yet, oldschool?

Not even close yet. The best attempt took about half of it out. I won't use anytjing until I am convinced it will actually aid in finishing it and at half way, not going to happen. I am just getting all the old ones up to an S ranking, or fiddling with Expert (only caught the first 3) just to level up the characters for a better chance.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 8:46

For the best chance at any 'mon, you need the things you'd need in the main games: high-levelled monsters with a type advantage. I caught Moltres from the Expert levels and it was very handy to have late on, including for Megas Mawile and Glalie. Mega Starts can help, too, though I read that although adding moves/time does increase your chance of besting a level, it doesn't increase your capture chance. Aww!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 9:21

Maybe I'll go through a few levels again where I haven't caught the Pokemon in the hopes of catching them and levelling up the Pokemon more
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 20:33

oldschool wrote:
The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Mega Glalie is a big fanny. Otherwise I'm really liking this game - I'm enjoying it much more than Pokémon Link Battle.

Any tips for beating Mega Glalie, by the way? Have you managed it yet, oldschool?

Not even close yet.  The best attempt took about half of it out.  I won't use anytjing until I am convinced it will actually aid in finishing it and at half way, not going to happen.  I am just getting all the old ones up to an S ranking, or fiddling with Expert (only caught the first 3) just to level up the characters for a better chance.

I'd really recommend using a Mega Start and bringing in Mega Mawile. I beat Mega Glailie on my second try doing that. Basically once he starts going ice-mad, start linking up Mega Mawile chains to get rid of most of the ice. Try to make 2 links with every swap you do, and you'll get through the bugger easily enough. As Zero rightly points out, a +5 moves might be a good idea too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 20:37

Nintendo's automatic updates snuck this onto my 3DS without my asking for it. Cheeky! Naughty
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 20:40

Oh wow. They must be desperate to squeeze some money from this thing. It's not a bad game all told, and I've reached Level 142 without spending any cash thus far, so it's not impossible to play this through free of charge. I just hate the F2P model. Meh
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 20:54

As Jay says, oh wow. That's major league not right, right there. No If you're tempted, Balla, it is slightly worse than Link: Battle!, but shakes the gameplay up enough to be interesting. If you're not tempted and want the space back... no-one would blame you.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 20:58

Didn't they add Steal Diver also in a update but is a little iffy from Nintendo.

I've got no problems with the F2P model as long as it is F2P and not Pay to Win.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 21:17

Yeah, it's basically just an advert that they place on the menu, not like it's actually the game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 22:10

Still not keen on them stealth-advertising in that manner, if I'm honest. I deleted the icon, in case anyone's wondering - so yes, not tempted.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 3:18

So are we going to tell each other our best scores for the online Shuffle? Well I am. Wave

My best so far is just shy of 9,000.

Considering when I checked the leader had 32,000 points, no manner of items is going to get me near the top 20,000 users of over a million.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 5:06

I got about 9500. I'm close to having 9000 coins thanks to the Daily Coins/Meowth minigame so I might buy a Complexity -1 and see if I can't squeeze into the top 20,000. I highly doubt it though. Aww!
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 6:44

JayMoyles wrote:
I got about 9500. I'm close to having 9000 coins thanks to the Daily Coins/Meowth minigame so I might buy a Complexity -1 and see if I can't squeeze into the top 20,000. I highly doubt it though. Aww!

I got up to 11,550 this afternoon, which put me at about 6,500 of 110,000. I don't expect to hold that position for long as more and more try it. I have got 40,000 coins and 12 Jewels, but I don't intend to use them.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 7:06

I'm well I'm not saying my score.. It's bad

Admittedly I've only had a couple of tries
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 7:09

Mine is 9,777. I'm limiting myself to one attempt per day, and this morning's was 8,500. Too many Jolteon matches, I reckon! Good luck to everyone out there - may at least one of us take the prize! :king:
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 8:53

ZeroJones wrote:
Mine is 9,777. I'm limiting myself to one attempt per day, and this morning's was 8,500. Too many Jolteon matches, I reckon! Good luck to everyone out there - may at least one of us take the prize! :king:

It doesn't matter how many tries you have, as only your high score is retained. Why would you limit your tries? I am going to do nothing but this until it expires. The more I do, the better I get, through practice and the characters levelling up.

I noticed it is split into regions, so my two USA ones are different and the leader has over 45,000 points, 10,000 or so more than the PAL leader.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2015 - 12:37

oldschool wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

It doesn't matter how many tries you have, as only your high score is retained.  Why would you limit your tries?  I am going to do nothing but this until it expires.  The more I do, the better I get, through practice and the characters levelling up.

I noticed it is split into regions, so my two USA ones are different and the leader has over 45,000 points, 10,000 or so more than the PAL leader.

The honest answer to the question is that I am not particularly bothered by the prize. This morning I had a serious think about deleting the game from my 3DS. It's not that I've suddenly stopped enjoying it; rather, I feel like I'm neglecting my backlog and the surest way to stop playing the game is not to have it anymore.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 0:14

With 6 days to go I am currently:
5412 with a score of 10,943 on my Pal N3DS XL system.
10,976 with a score of 10,612 on my USA 3DS.
8492 with a score of 11,134 on my USA 3DS XL.

Whilst I am not overly confident of staying in the top 20,000, with 6 days to go, I have a reasonable chance of improving my scores to stay in touch.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 7:55

I'm ranked 202 right now after spending some of my saved up coins on a Complexity -1. I think I should be safe for getting the prize now.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 8:01

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm ranked 202 right now after spending some of my saved up coins on a Complexity -1. I think I should be safe for getting the prize now.

Wow, that is awesome. Did the Complexity -1 really make that big a difference and what was your actual score? I have never used it, what does it do? With 40,000 coins, I think I can afford it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 8:03

It made a huge difference - it doubled my score and then some, considering I went from 9500ish to 19968. It removes one Pokemon from the field, which in this case are the Lucarios, so you end up matching like crazy. Well worth it.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 8:29

JayMoyles wrote:
It made a huge difference - it doubled my score and then some, considering I went from 9500ish to 19968. It removes one Pokemon from the field, which in this case are the Lucarios, so you end up matching like crazy. Well worth it.

Might just do that, save myself doing it repeatedly. Thanks for the good news.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptyThu 19 Mar 2015 - 6:57

My news is that I just caught Articuno, although I had to buy a Great Ball (where's my Ultra Ball at 5,000 Coins, team?). My next Lucario go yielded 9,507 - still not beating the score I got first off! Meh

Edit: And now Zapdos joins the fold! Hopefully it'll be as useful as Moltres was in the main game. Thumbs Up!

Last edited by ZeroJones on Thu 19 Mar 2015 - 8:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptyThu 19 Mar 2015 - 7:44

I'm rattling through the expert 'Mon now. Caught them all up to Dragonite thus far. They're leaps and bounds better than the main game 'Mon, so I figure they'll help me S-Rank the main game levels.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 EmptyThu 19 Mar 2015 - 8:06

ZeroJones wrote:
My news is that I just caught Articuno, although I had to buy a Great Ball (where's my Ultra Ball at 5,000 Coins, team?). My next Lucario go yielded 9,507 - still not beating the score I got first off! Meh

[u]Edit:[/b] And now Zapdos joins the fold! Hopefully it'll be as useful as Moltres was in the main game. Thumbs Up!

I used the extras with one and took myself to about 500th, so I can ignore that one now. With another , not so good, but I got it up to about 3,000th, so I can probably ignore that as well. I didn't bother with the third console and that is sitting about 16,000th, so I will use the items when it drops out of the 20,000. I am reasonably confidant I will get the prize on all three consoles now.

I am just working the levels up on the Pokemon I am using in the Main section, so if I need to try again on the last day, at least their levels will be better. Same Pokemon on each - Mega Slowbro on 6, and Chatot, Swellow and Azumarill all on 5.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next