We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)

Go down 
+11
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
flora-chan
Athrun888
masofdas
Admin
Balladeer
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
Silver light
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 9:54

Dam it looked good, 2016 could be a great year for the Wii U with this & Zelda that it might just go out with a bang (depending on what the NX is but you still got to think it's getting replaced after 5 years & like the Cube & Wii 2017 could be barren).
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 17:55

Damn it looks fine, it looks fine indeed HALLELUJAH!  Dance I want it now than anything else
lets hope it comes with a limited edition box or something be nice  Smile like a small art-book/CD maybe?
I will be playing this hours on end like I did with fire emblem awakening and Shin Megami Tensei IV
It's going to be a hardcore RPG and hopefully boost sales for the Wii U and Zelda U too.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 12:31

In Japan it's now called Geiei Bungoku #FE (was called Illusory Revelations #FE), I have now idea what the means well I guess #FE means Fire Emblem but that's it.

IGN have done a trailer breakdown and bring up about the fist persona which of course used the SMT name still back then

Also Japan are getting this winter, here's the logo
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 Genei-ibunrokufe-406831.1
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Apr 2015 - 15:53

I kind of knew when they released the trailer back in 2013 showing all the characters from fire emblem and SMT that it has anything to do with them of the main characters but a inspiration towards them of a spin-off series together in one game. I love the idea personally as Persona is a spin-off from SMT and there is even different SMT games aswell in the series of a spin-off. fire emblem is that popular enough so they willing to do a spin-off characters for them. They do love making new characters towards other series as they like showing new faces and fresh ideas.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:21

We've not got many images from the ND trailer yet. Fortunately I've tracked down some 100% True Pictures by creeping into Nintendo's Treehouse before it started. Have a look:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 20:20

It wasn't that bad.  It was essentially just more of what was already shown earlier this year with some lame music in the background.  Or maybe I've just become completely inoculated to the fashion on show because of how much anime I watch.

On the bright side it's not shin megami tensei any more! Now I can stop hating it for it calling itself something it isn't, alas at the moment that simply means I go from dislike to slightly less than apathetic.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyThu 18 Jun 2015 - 18:12

Just watched the highlights of this from Day Two of the treehouse it's looking good to me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyFri 19 Jun 2015 - 13:53

Yes, I'm sorry I missed the Treehouse screenings of this. Sounds like it was much better than the nonsense neon anime cinematics shown off in the Direct made it look.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptySat 20 Jun 2015 - 10:26

A lot of stuff looked better in the treehouse then from the actual Direct.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Sep 2015 - 20:02

Genei Ibun Roku #FE has been dated in Japan for Dec 26th, with three editions which includes this middle of the road one which has swimsuit costumes.
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 630x
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyFri 11 Sep 2015 - 20:05

DAMN YOU! Aww! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Sep 2015 - 13:48

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 Genei-e3-007

There's some more info on the game as it's out very soon in the land of the rising sun.

That Tharja for Kiria , Virion for Eleonora and Draug for Mamori will be Mirages (which I'm guessing is like persona's) along with 2 new characters:

Mamori Minamoto: A talent and Mirage Master that belongs to the same public entertainment office as the protagonists. She’s an elementary school student that likes Showa era songs and clothing.

Barry Goodman: A once popular musician who’s come to Japan in search of otaku culture. Following his retirement, he works with the protagonists as a trainer.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Oct 2015 - 11:28

Some vid's coming out of japan Vid 1 Short & Vid 2 Long
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Oct 2015 - 14:40

I watched the short one, and there's already too much fanservice in it. Sulk
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Oct 2015 - 18:49

Who doesn't Love  a bit of fanservice

I really like the girl with the Sonic Ring's on her.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Oct 2015 - 7:27

I watched that short trailer expecting to be shocked at the fanservice, and, well, that was weak stuff.  I honestly don't see what's the big deal.

Also really not seeing why Chrom keeps appearing everywhere as if by popularity, the guy was dull as ditchwater and just another blue haired Lord.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Oct 2015 - 7:38

Thought we agreed that your perception has been permanently skewed by the amount of anime you've watched? Razz
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Oct 2015 - 7:45

I didn't even recognise any FE chars in the long trailer. Who is this game for again? I'm pretty sure it's gonna bomb.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Oct 2015 - 9:55

Balladeer wrote:
Thought we agreed that your perception has been permanently skewed by the amount of anime you've watched? Razz

Nope, didn't agree with that.  

I'm going to be blunt about this, knowing the people I know who are in far more of a position to find this sort of thing offensive who instead at most think it's funny I just can't take making it an issue seriously.  Maybe if they were loli's or something of that creepy ilk it would be worth noting and criticising, but it's nothing more than bikinis showing a bit of flesh on properly developed cartoon characters.  

It should also be noted that I was for a long while a prude, still am to a degree, I just don't see caring about fanservice of properly physically developed cartoon characters as something worth remarking on.  It's something that consistently goes on about everything, and it's a pet peeve of mine.  There are actual social injustices going on, things that actually make my blood boil, and instead this sort of thing dominates the air-waves that should be taken up with discussion of those social injustices.  

Now if this was a game that wanted to be some sort of highly mature narrative then I'd get the dislike of blatant fanservice (of both genders) as it would undermine that goal, but in a game where only half of it's going to want to be taken seriously and the other half is a game that's going to be firmly aimed at light hearted teen fluff stuff I don't see the issue or point.  

The fact this is over anime stylised material is, frankly, irrelevant.  I'd be saying this about anything.  Only reason I might not would be because I only actively discuss things I follow, but the views I hold over this sort of thing would be applied to basically anything.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Oct 2015 - 10:08

andyman949 wrote:
I didn't even recognise any FE chars in the long trailer. Who is this game for again? I'm pretty sure it's gonna bomb.

From the looks people that like Persona but how many of those own a Wii U that it will likely bomb due to the system & genre but this game I want more than Star Fox Zero next year on the Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Oct 2015 - 10:10

Athrun888 wrote:
There are actual social injustices going on, things that actually make my blood boil, and instead this sort of thing dominates the air-waves that should be taken up with discussion of those social injustices.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/critical-miss/12080-The-Gaza-Defense

I don't like objectification in games, of either gender but especially not of one over the other, and yes: I'm going to use this platform that's designed for commenting on games to complain about it. Not to mention that I didn't want an RPG "firmly aimed at light hearted teen fluff stuff" anyway, and am still quite unhappy about the way it's gone.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Oct 2015 - 10:49

Difference is the social injustices I'm referring to are all home grown and could easily be attended to if the public decided to actually bother about it.  I'll be the first to openly admit I honestly don't give a damn about the various wars going on around the world, mostly because they're so far removed from day to day life they might as well not exist (sure, it'd be great to be able to put a stop to them, but if you've one of the ninety-nine percent you're got nill chance of doing anything and are better served doing something within your scope of abilities, my view on world affairs anyway).  

I also wouldn't call one gender being objectified over the other here.  Both genders have an equal amount of swimsuit fanservice, and both default sides are based on the music worlds groups.  That's assuming I agree that they are being objectified which, to be completely honest with you, I don't.  There's no way to tell whether they'll actually be objectified until the game is actually out and we know how the game treats them.  Having visually appealing characters doesn't automatically make them objectified, just like if they were all completely ugly and presented horribly it wouldn't mean they weren't being objectified.  The only way to tell is with how the game and its story treats them.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Oct 2015 - 11:08

Well, look at the first point this way: if I wasn't posting about this, I'd still be on the forum.  There's no "great social movement" opportunity cost here.  But I still think the comic applies: deal with the social injustices that matter to you.  (You may notice that I've been fairly active concerning Tory porkies on the forum as well...)  

And yes, the game could have a very good reason for why the girls in the trailer (this is before the swimsuit fanservice, which is at least equally dished out - still don't like it) have so much cleavage on show.  It's possible that I'll Feel Ashamed Of Words My And Deeds.  Possible.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Oct 2015 - 15:58

The Male characters also have swimsuits which you can see from the collectors edition of the game a few posts up but I think Drunka said it about Quiet that yes there has been great female characters in MGS universe like The Boss but Japan is still rather different to us culturally and to me who rarely watches anime or whatever this seems like the norm these female characters and I almost expect it from a game from Japan.

Even in the Persona 5 trailer the female character is rather covered up but has massive assets which I'm sure the camera in the trailer zooms into but over here in the west take Tomb Raider Lara is still a pretty woman but far more realistic and there's no longer playboy spreads of her.

(Also maybe we should change the thread name to the games correct name Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE)

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 10 Oct 2015 - 16:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Oct 2015 - 16:02

I get that Japan is culturally different. That doesn't mean I don't think it shouldn't be done.

Triple negative, count 'em.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next