We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Meet the Admin. Team

Go down 
+16
Katie Hopkins
Treesmurf
NintenDUCK
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Dead Lemon
Admin
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
masofdas
oldschool
JayMoyles
Balladeer
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptyWed 9 May 2018 - 18:59

Drunkalilly wrote:
Baseball is a good laugh. Come on the Carp!

That's the only Japanese baseball team I've heard about as Naito of NJPW fame is a huge fan and has even turned up at Carp games to throw the first pitch.

Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 Naito_082717
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptyFri 1 Jun 2018 - 6:51

Hello, my first time doing this in a while.  Please: meet me!  And Jay.  Meet him too.

Patrick 'KP' Kielty:

James 'Jayseph' Moyles:

Questionés:
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptyFri 1 Jun 2018 - 13:04

Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze showed us that the ports keep coming and they don't stop coming. What's next to be ported to the Switch?
I'm hoping for Shin Migami Fire Emblem Whatever it was called Sharp FE from the Wii U, just because it looked nice but I never played it.

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition showed us that the ports keep coming and they don't... what? Oh. Anyway, which weapon was Link (or any other character) sorely lacking?
12-gauge auto-loader. .45 long slide, with laser sighting. Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range. Uzi nine millimeter.

A couple of Pokémon spin-offs have only just been announced! But what would be the definitive Pokémon spin-off game that hasn't been released yet?
I'd genuinely love a Harvest Moon-esque game about a Pokemon farm.

You may or may not have heard that an electronic entertainment expo is coming up. Which one game announcement there would go furthest towards crowning 2018 as the Year Of Gaming for you?
I think I need Animal Crossing Switch now. Listening to Asstown has really given me a hankering, but I dread returning to New Leaf.

This month saw Cappa and Jimbob regale us with some pages from games magazines of yore - what's your favourite review or article from a games mag and why?
Actually, it's an unexpected one. In NOM, they reviewed a pish Winney The Pooh game once and after one or two sentences said "Right that's out the way, so here's some facts about bears instead." Some years later, we used to play a game in history lessons where we had to talk about a subject for a minute on a subject without pausing or repeating ourselves. I realised it would be funny to do the same thing with bear facts, and as time went on I needed more and more bear facts to keep the gag running. I got into studying bears and that's when they cemented themselves as my favourite animals.

Two rich people got married this month. What would you have devoted those newspaper/site column inches to instead?
For once, I'm actually on board with the royal coverage. Maybe its because I've been far away and only had minimal contact other than the Windsor Knot, but Meghan being a wonderful human and the royal family embracing a black american woman has actually been overall positive, I reckon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptyFri 1 Jun 2018 - 22:03

Balladeer wrote:

Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze showed us that the ports keep coming and they don't stop coming. What's next to be ported to the Switch?
Every single N64 and GameCube game, with minimal upgrades, at £50 a pop.  Just to irritate people who wanted them on Virtual Console.  Me, I'd be fine with that so long as TTYD's one of them.

My eye started involuntarily twitching reading that.

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'm hoping for Shin Migami Fire Emblem Whatever it was called Sharp FE from the Wii U, just because it looked nice but I never played it.

The actual correct answer.

Re: your bear love. I saw this on YouTube and figured I'd bring it your attention if you've not already seen it!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptyFri 1 Jun 2018 - 23:16

Tokyo Mirage Session #FE or The Wonderful 101

Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition showed us that the ports keep coming and they don't... what? Oh. Anyway, which weapon was Link (or any other character) sorely lacking?
Chainsaw

A couple of Pokémon spin-offs have only just been announced! But what would be the definitive Pokémon spin-off game that hasn't been released yet?
One where Pokemon do jobs like going to put out fires as or with a Blastoise

You may or may not have heard that an electronic entertainment expo is coming up. Which one game announcement there would go furthest towards crowning 2018 as the Year Of Gaming for you?
Hmm, I want to say Persona 6 but it wouldn't come out this year though that sure it would make E3 2018 great but not this year for gaming it would make 2021 great instead. That my answer is Death Stranding is actually a 2018 game and that is announced at E3.

This month saw Cappa and Jimbob regale us with some pages from games magazines of yore - what's your favourite review or article from a games mag and why?
I can't think of nay but I did win my first HDTV via Games Master back in like 2005, that was like a £500 TV or something and now would be worth like £50 at the most as I think it was only 720p as well Sick

Two rich people got married this month. What would you have devoted those newspaper/site column inches to instead?
Kojima
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptySat 2 Jun 2018 - 2:21

JayMoyles wrote:

Re: your bear love. I saw this on YouTube and figured I'd bring it your attention if you've not already seen it!

I'd heard of We Bare Bears but never watched any. I think Nintendo got them to do ARMS trailers?
Anyway, that was great but also really sad.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptySat 2 Jun 2018 - 12:05

Drunkalilly wrote:
Two rich people got married this month.  What would you have devoted those newspaper/site column inches to instead?
For once, I'm actually on board with the royal coverage. Maybe its because I've been far away and only had minimal contact other than the Windsor Knot, but Meghan being a wonderful human and the royal family embracing a black american woman has actually been overall positive, I reckon.

I think being away from the coverage has to play a big part. We've been drowning under it. It's an improvement on other royal weddings because of the woman involved, but it is still another royal wedding that has been shoved into our faces constantly.

JayMoyles wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:

The actual correct answer.

Y'all (including Masofdas) aren't wrong. I'd very much like to play it, especially after Zero's positive views on it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptySat 2 Jun 2018 - 20:40

Balladeer wrote:

I think being away from the coverage has to play a big part.  We've been drowning under it.  It's an improvement on other royal weddings because of the woman involved, but it is still another royal wedding that has been shoved into our faces constantly.

I walked into work and there was bunting with their faces on it draped around all the desks. This is in Scotland. Neutral
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptyTue 3 Jul 2018 - 15:16

It's getting hotter... and Meet the Admin. Team is heating up with another installment too!

James "Jay" Moyles:

Mr. Praise the Sun, Balladeer:

Questions:
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptyTue 3 Jul 2018 - 15:41

Mario Tennis Aces served up a slice of tennis action last month. What sport is next for Mario and chums?

The Rugby Sevens in Mario/Sonic Rio Olympics is actually excellent - a full on Mario Rugby game could be superb. Just keep the gimmicks out of it!

Hollow Knight has finally arrived on Switch bringing with it one of the finest Metroidvania experiences and highlighting the importance of atmosphere in games. Tell us about a game that you reckon really nailed a specific tone and overall atmosphere.

BOTW has nothing on the master of atmosphere, Ocarina of Time - especially once you get into the adult timeline. Nothing else for me has ever come close to replicating Ocarina's immersion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptyTue 3 Jul 2018 - 16:29

I must admit that the initial feeling of desolation as you walk through the destroyed Hyrule Castle Town is a great moment. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptyTue 3 Jul 2018 - 20:57

The fact that they look like they're made of Lego these days undermines it somewhat though. Razz
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2018 - 3:41

We learned at E3 that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is bringing back all of the Smash Bros. characters. Tell us about a reunion that you went to.
I don't think I've ever been to a reunion. I'm not that old, and I don't think I'd go to one if I were invited. You have to let the past die. Kill it if you have to.

Mario Tennis Aces served up a slice of tennis action last month. What sport is next for Mario and chums?
Is it to obvious to say footy? I really enjoyed Mario Strikers, I could go for another.
Failing that, I'd take American Football. I enjoy the sport, but I'm sure Madden would be too complicated for me.

Hollow Knight has finally arrived on Switch bringing with it one of the finest Metroidvania experiences and highlighting the importance of atmosphere in games. Tell us about a game that you reckon really nailed a specific tone and overall atmosphere.
Gotta be the original Pikmin. It absolutely nails being alone in an alien world much bigger than you are. It has a wistfulness, a desperate situation with just a glint of hope, and it nails it all phenomenally well through the visuals, music, writing and mechanics. Masterpiece.

Sushi Striker: the Way of Sushido finally offers us the sushi-flinging gameplay we've all been waiting for. What foodstuff should be next to have a game based around it?
Kentucky Fried Chicken. Basically, I want to kick butt as the colonel like in this wrestling advert.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom saw Chris Pratt making pals with dinosaurs again - raptors, specifically. Which dino would you like to be friends with?
ALL OF THE DINOSAURS I LOVE THEM.
If you're making me choose one, then obviously a raptor makes a lot of sense because they're smart and they're small enough to follow you around into your house and that. Maybe I'd go even smaller, get a compsognathus who can climb up on my shoulder and be a real cutie. Or I could go the other way and get a big ol' triceratops who lets me ride him around town and play fetch with big ol' sticks.

There's some sort of massive football tournament going on right now, but which team do you really wish had qualified that hasn't?
I'd like one of the other UK nations to be in there, Scotland or Wales, just for the fun and the banter.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2018 - 10:25

Balladeer wrote:
The fact that they look like they're made of Lego these days undermines it somewhat though. Razz

Having grown up playing the N64 I'm obviously biased, but I reckon less graphical fidelity can actually end up making a more immersive game, as the imagination is left to fill in the blanks. With Ocarina I never find myself questioning the visuals (and I actually prefer the look of the original to the 3DS remake).

To bring back the BOTW OoT comparison, I found the voice acting in BOTW to be counter productive in my world immersion. Reading text off the screen just works better for me because I can internalise the character's voices, and I think Ocarina hits the perfect balance with the few sample "voices" it uses.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2018 - 11:22

We learned at E3 that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is bringing back all of the Smash Bros. characters. Tell us about a reunion that you went to.
I've not been to any but being private tutored wouldn't help.

Most of you have said sports I would like that I'm saying Ice Hockey

This is easy Bioshock

Sushi Striker: the Way of Sushido finally offers us the sushi-flinging gameplay we've all been waiting for. What foodstuff should be next to have a game based around it?
Dead horse

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom saw Chris Pratt making pals with dinosaurs again - raptors, specifically. Which dino would you like to be friends with?
Yoshi

There's some sort of massive football tournament going on right now, but which team do you really wish had qualified that hasn't?
Wales is the obvious team but some great teams not at this world cup like Holland, Italy, Chile, USA, Cameroon that the 2026 World Cup with 48 teams should be good.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2018 - 19:56

I did think Yoshi was the obvious one I'd missed out, as soon as I saw Jay's fictional example!

O_R, I'm afraid my imagination just laughs at the cardboard Re-Deads these days. I get what you mean about the voice acting, but I'm thinking more about when you're left to explore the world than in any cut-scenes. In that regard, BotW nails it.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptyThu 5 Jul 2018 - 10:06

Balladeer wrote:
O_R, I'm afraid my imagination just laughs at the cardboard Re-Deads these days.

Nope they're still terrifying!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptyMon 27 Aug 2018 - 17:47

What happened to August? Was Jay put in charge?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptyMon 27 Aug 2018 - 18:11

The short answer is: both of us forgot. Embarrassed But September will happen! Now that we've been reminded about it...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptyWed 29 Aug 2018 - 21:24

masofdas wrote:
What happened to August? Was Jay put in charge?

...I mean, I don't really have a rebuttal to this one. Laughing

We'll make up for it with September's installment. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptyThu 30 Aug 2018 - 20:27

Yeah Jay.

Nah, it was both of our faults. We're working on September right now though!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptySat 1 Sep 2018 - 8:38

It's a super-sized MtAT!

Balladeer:

James 'Jayseph' 'Moylesy' Moyles:

Questions:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptySat 1 Sep 2018 - 16:12

Okami has arrived on Switch, asking you to learn Celestial Brush techniques from animal gods.  But which animal god and associated technique undeservingly missed out?
Racoon and the power to make holes in the ground.

Octopath Traveller brought some old school RPG vibes to Switch in July. Let's face it though - the name is a bit rubbish. What should it really have been called?
The Tribute: Final Fantasy.

The Mash boys are back in the game, the game being Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. Once again, you are able to play as cat in Capcom's hunting epic. But, what species will be able to play as in the next Monster Hunter?
I like Balla's idea for this one.

Nintendo showed off more Nindies heading Switchwards, including the wonderful Untitled Goose Game. What sort of goose related tomfoolery are you looking forward to unleashing on the unsuspecting public when we get our hands on UGG?
Honking at people

More Super Smash Bros. Ultimate news was delivered, Directly to you; but the single-player mode(s) remained hidden.  What do you want to see for the solo player?
Don't care for SMASH

Roguelikes and procedural generation have been a point of contention lately on GNamer. What franchise should be next to get the ol' permadeath roguelike treatment?
I'm not keen on the whole procedural generated stuff, but I'd like to see something out there like a sports game.

GNamer met up, again, way back in July!  It was fun.  If travel times were no object, where would be the ideal place for us to meet next time?
Japan

We're all very, very, very sad that Wonga has gone into administration recently.  After payday loans, what other industry would you not be sorry to see go down the drain?
Bitcoin, looking at the price of the 2080

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again hit the cinemas in late July, but what band or musician should have their work adapted for a musical next?
The new Freddie Mercury biopic looks good coming soon.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptyFri 7 Sep 2018 - 15:13

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 EmptyFri 7 Sep 2018 - 15:39

Drunkalilly wrote:
Jay and Balla missed last month's MtAT completely.  What were they doing when they should have been inviting you to meet the admin team?
I suppose I’m obliged not to insult either of them here

Drunkalilly wrote:
“Balla got his panties in a twist”
So close
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet the Admin. Team
Page 24 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next