We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)

Go down 
+21
OrangeRakoon
flora-chan
shanks
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
fronkhead
Vidofnir
beemoh
Kieron
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Solve My Maze
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Admin
Darunia
Gwyn400
Balladeer
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 0:25

I have done the beginning trials & was nicely surprised at how challenging it was, I died on the 10th floor to a Lizalfos that sprinted at me out of nowhere & stabbed me in the back. This sent me back all the way to the first floor which was a bit annoying but I breezed through the ones I had done before and had it beaten an hour later.

Might go hunting for the armours etc. later or maybe when I decide to try my hand at the master mode.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 17:45

ZeroJones wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:
I was stuck on a stationary train for two hours today.

I've had that displeasure in the past. Glad you were able to profit from the time and hope your arrival wasn't too badly affected.

Amazingly, work agreed to pay us from when we were supposed to start rather than the 90 minutes late we actually arrived! They're pretty easy-going about all that while we're commuting for training, it seems.

TINGLE TINGLE KOOLOO LIMPAH:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyMon 3 Jul 2017 - 19:58

I'm deliberating whether I should start on Master Mode and go for my 100% file on that, or jump right into the Master Trials and go for 100% on my original clear file. Decisions...
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyMon 3 Jul 2017 - 20:17

I tied on ten, same as Jas. The mistakes were pretty obvious, so I'm sure I can smash it on take two.

I'm gonna keep going with this file for my 100%. It feels like my game, I can't replace it. I think I'll use hard mode to try my attempt at going straight for Ganon.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyMon 3 Jul 2017 - 20:48

Ooft, brave man!

The temptation for me stems from being able to track and go after Korok Seeds from the off, whereas I know I'll have to check off the 100 odd or so I've got already on a map before commencing the great seed hunt.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyMon 3 Jul 2017 - 20:50

I'm not gonna use any walkthroughs for any part of the game, even Koroks.

As for the hard mode run: if I do a straight-for-Ganon in the regular game now, nobody will care will they?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyMon 3 Jul 2017 - 20:57

True.

Ach, I think the Koroks will warrant it in my book. To each their own though, eh? If looking it up would spoil it in your eyes, then fair play.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyTue 4 Jul 2017 - 21:15

Although I have no interest to go back to the game yet, I'm just chuffed reading y'all's fresh experiences in that wonderful world. Smile Carry on.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyTue 4 Jul 2017 - 22:10

After taking a couple of months off, I've just beaten the fourth divine beast. I might try and go for Ganon in Hyrule Castle soon, but I'm shite at fighting Lynels and Guardians and all that, and I'd imagine that there's loads of those to come. To prepare, does anybody have any suggestions for weapons I should be looking for, or equipment I should be buying, or armour I should be wearing, and so on?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyTue 4 Jul 2017 - 22:17

I've been putting off finishing this myself, as rather than dipping in and out for a few hours I want to sink into a big session. Still yet to defeat the final Divine beast.

Others will know better, but I'd hazard a guess that the easiest route to beating Ganon probably revolves around getting your mits on the Master Sword. Biggest thing I always forget to do is to stockpile some decent cooked grub before dungeoneering
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyTue 4 Jul 2017 - 22:21

Mild armour spoilers and exploration spoilers for Hyrule Castle:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyTue 4 Jul 2017 - 22:59

Aye, these last two - although I find the part in Balla's spoiler box really confusing, even after 5-6 trips now.

It's taken me a while to find all the new gear (thanks to the hero's path, I didn't realise that I'd missed quite so many areas, and therefore couldn't work out some of the clues), but I'm going to try and get as many Koroks as possible before doing the trial. I'm up to about 350, now. Nearly there, right? Oh.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 0:22

hahaha Embarrassed , I only have a hundred koroks. I've been too busy experimenting with weapons, and boy oh boy oh boy have I got the discovery of the year for you guys (It may have already been discovered, that's not the point) YOU CAN THROW MULTIPLE BOOMERANG AT ONCE AND ITS INCREDIBLE. I haven't tried using it in a fight yet because I'm still practicing, I'm certain you can make it work with three and when I can do that I'm going to go kill ganon with my maddest of skills.
This really is the game that keeps on giving.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 20:37

Had my first attempt of the Master Trials earlier and managed to do the Beggining trials without fail so all good so far, we'll see how I fair on the next lot. I had one dodgy moment where I accidentally whistled at the entrance of a room getting the attention of every Bokoblin, got through it in the end though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 20:54

I failed the trials yesterday because I pulled out my bow right in a Moblin's face like a total berk. I've been playing ARMS instead on the train again, I'll have a proper sit-down go on Zelda again tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 22:08

NintenDUCK wrote:
hahaha  Embarrassed , I only have a hundred koroks. I've been too busy experimenting with weapons, and boy oh boy oh boy have I got the discovery of the year for you guys (It may have already been discovered, that's not the point) YOU CAN THROW MULTIPLE BOOMERANG AT ONCE AND ITS INCREDIBLE. I haven't tried using it in a fight yet because I'm still practicing, I'm certain you can make it work with three and when I can do that I'm going to go kill ganon with my maddest of skills.
This  really is the game that keeps on giving.
Wow. Blimey! I will try this at some point, but will probably end up scattering 2 boomerangs across a river, and accidentally cutting down a tree.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 2:55

Right, properly sunk my teeth into Master Mode this evening. In short, it's brutal. Black Moblins and Bokoblins are roaming the land, flying platforms are raining arrows down upon me and there's not a standard Red Bokoblin for me to beat up in sight.

I had to really plan my time around the Great Plateau carefully - rather than barrelling into enemy camps, I had to sneak my way in and focus on one enemy at a time. You can't take out a group of enemies in a war of attrition anymore. The big issue is that you need to be constantly attacking the enemy. Give them a second or two of respite and their health starts to rapidly regenerate. It adds this frantic urgency to the battles. Sneakstrikes have been my best friend in combat as it'll take a solid half health or more away from an enemy and considering the frailty of the starting weapons, that's an absolute godsend.

I'm hooked all over again. What a fucking magical video game.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 6:18

Jay, that sounds like the sort of combat Batman got involved in in the Arkham games (or perhaps I should be saying 'Groose Wayne'?),

DIGRESSION ALERT: No-one's ploughing the fertile Zelda/Batman pun furrow. I'm literally breaking new ground. In a literal sense.

which sounds incredibly appealing to me. Might have to buy BotW sooner than I thought...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 8:08

Defeated the middle trials last night, some really difficult floors on that one & I knew I was in for a tough time when I arrived at the second rest floor.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 16:55

ZeroJones wrote:
Jay, that sounds like the sort of combat Batman got involved in in the Arkham games (or perhaps I should be saying 'Groose Wayne'?),

DIGRESSION ALERT: No-one's ploughing the fertile Zelda/Batman pun furrow. I'm literally breaking new ground. In a literal sense.

which sounds incredibly appealing to me. Might have to buy BotW sooner than I thought...

Oh, it's excellent! I'm surprised you've not hopped aboard as of yet Zero!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 18:53

I'm really interested to hear Zero's take, now. He must have read so much hyperbole, and he wasn't a big 3D Zelda fan back in the vote. Can it still shine through?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 21:01

And I remember the last time the forum (well, I) hyped him up about a game... Sad
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 21:14

I have a feeling it'll all turn out well. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 22:01

Spoilers! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 EmptyMon 10 Jul 2017 - 19:07

I've been plugging away at Master Mode off and on.

I've scaled about half of the towers now to aid in my Korok hunting quest, I've conquered about 20 shrines and meandered aimlessly for a while around Hyrule. I've amassed a half-decent arsenal now through a couple of shrine chests, which means my playthrough of Metal Gear Zelda is going well. Seriously, whilst I can win against most enemies now, it's so much easier and better for my weapon durability to sneak around delivering Sneakstrikes to everyone. Alternatively - knocking them into a body of water seems to work well, although I'm now dreading facing Lizalfos. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)
Page 29 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next