We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Go down 
+20
Zaphod_B
fronkhead
Cube
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
Axis1500
NintenDUCK
Athrun888
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Sentinator
Slazo
Vidofnir
masofdas
Xelviar
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
Silver light
Admin
The_Jaster
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 13:34

To echo Zero but I'm waiting to play on New 3DS and I don't mind multiple endings as the ending I get is my story that I created along with my character.

I'm not going to play again in a way that doesn't suit how I play or choices just to get a different ending as that's not my story.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 13:43

masofdas wrote:
To echo Zero but I'm waiting to play on New 3DS and I don't mind multiple endings as the ending I get is my story that I created along with my character.

I'm not going to play again in a way that doesn't suit how I play or choices just to get a different ending as that's not my story.

mas, that's a great way to look at it. Thumbs Up! My position is that I don't really like replaying games (my backlog always whispers cursewords at me when I do). Aww!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 15:56

andyman949 wrote:
Yeah, avatars don't have to be blank slates, even ones where you can make major decisions don't NEED to be blank, Hawke from DA2 (despite all the criticisms of that game, I haven't heard many of Hawke him/herself) had a decent amount of that.

JayMoyles wrote:
Mass Effect is a prime example - you absolutely craft your own Commander Shepard, but he/she have a lot of character to them. I wouldn't write off the avatar in Xenoblade so quickly.

Very good points but all those games mentioned above and fire emblem have voice acting or conversation trees (some have both) whereas the person you create in XCX seems to be a mute.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 16:08

ZeroJones wrote:
My position is that I don't really like replaying games (my backlog always whispers cursewords at me when I do). Aww!

I, on the other hand, just find it less interesting than playing another game for the first time. Apart from extreme droughts, of course.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 22:23

masofdas wrote:

Wow, something I 100% agree with Mas on!
This is always how I approach games because I get pretty strongly emotionally invested- ie Mass Effect. Even if they do bring out a super fancy XBOXONE version of the trilogy, I wouldn't be able to change my Shepard or her story.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Feb 2015 - 9:08

If you're excited for this game (and I still am, despite being the sort of person who wants to see everything that a game has to offer on my first playthrough), you'll be trying to hide the fact that you're following the XCX showcase at 1300 on Friday from your boss.  I don't know what I'm hoping for, really: some character details, especially how they differ from each other during combat, would be nice.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 11:53

Seems a good lot of info has been dripping out though about characters etc, I can't wait to play it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 15:13

I haven't been following this game too closely, as I'm hoping to avoid spoilers, but I watched the presentation this afternoon and this looks gorgeous. I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 23:26

I've not seen to much but online CO-OP sounds cool
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptySat 7 Feb 2015 - 9:01

I'm the opposite: while online co-op. is a nice bonus, I hope that it stays that way. I will likely be playing through the game solo, like I did the original Xenoblade, and I hope that it's balanced with this as the primary method of playing.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptySat 7 Feb 2015 - 12:15

I'm in Balla's camp on this one. It's a nice, rich singleplayer experience I'm excited about here.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptySat 7 Feb 2015 - 12:34

I'm watching it now - those landscapes! Even if I don't like anything else about the game, I'm pretty sure that I'll love exploring the world. The only worry is losing days of my life that way...

Oh, and the overhead map seems to show other settlements than NLA. Calm yourself, Athrun!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptySat 7 Feb 2015 - 22:11

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'm in Balla's camp on this one. It's a nice, rich singleplayer experience I'm excited about here.

Same but still be cool to bring my custom character to your game Drunka and do some missions & level up and I don't know but your game might have items in different places to me.

I would mainly want to do side quests not story ones as you could further ahead then me for instance and wouldn't want to spoil the story.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptyThu 12 Feb 2015 - 17:02

Gaze upon these beautiful screenshots and videos. Gaze, and weep. Zelda, with all its claims of open-worldness and freedom, is going to have its work cut out to match this world.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptySat 14 Feb 2015 - 4:37

I think it's unfair to compare Zelda's world to this or any other game's. Zelda, I'm sure, will be physically smaller but richer and more rewarding. The Zelda teams are master craftsmen.

That's not to deny the splendour or depth of Monolithsoft's worlds, mind you. These are two very different games attempting different things. X looks enormous and magnificent.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptySat 14 Feb 2015 - 4:44

I am going to continue living in a cave on this game. I have seen very little and I plan to keep it that way. I can't wait to give the original a go on the N3DS and that will keep me interested until this comes out. I am happy with a proper co-op in the game, even if it is very unlikely it will ever be used, as long as it doesn't take anything away from the solo story.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptyTue 17 Feb 2015 - 23:19

Mas brings up a good point, as I too have a hard time with games that present choices to me. I also tend to choose what I'd choose myself if the protagonist is "you", and I'd be more content just watching other endings on the internet or reading about them elsewhere.

It's a bit different if the game's designed to nudge you on to try the different paths as you go along, of course. Visual novels are a good example of that, ultra-long RPGs no.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptyFri 6 Mar 2015 - 19:34

Anybody catch the Direct? I'm keen to know what's going on with the combat - in particular, whether in this era of create-a-hero where everybody has a gun, the characters are still as unique as they were in XC.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptySat 7 Mar 2015 - 12:37

From the brief clip they showed of the gameplay it looks more like a Gears of War - style cover shooter.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptySat 7 Mar 2015 - 13:58

Yeah, I saw it. It's a cover shooter, but each "kill" has a QTE associated with it, kinda similar to how you had to do a timed button press to raise tension or warn an ally of an impending attack in the Wii game. Two of the characters shown seemed to be gruff space marines, including the main character.

source: nah never saw it
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptySat 7 Mar 2015 - 16:32

And I heard it's going to be 80hrs long but 50hrs will cut-scenes with QTEs and branching dialogue choices, so each story is unique.

Also all the NPCs will be stereotypes.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptySat 7 Mar 2015 - 16:36

I heard that Ubisoft have been heavily involved in the game's development.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptySat 7 Mar 2015 - 17:44

There's day one DLC. Shigsy walked out during the Direct and pissed on a copy of Ocarina of Time as he threw money in the air.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptySat 7 Mar 2015 - 18:23

You won't get the full experience without that DLC either which is on disc.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 EmptyWed 18 Mar 2015 - 22:06

Holy hell, I just saw the last few posts. Laughing Brilliant stuff. I can't wait for the bit where Kim Kardashian joins your party.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next