We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Go down 
+20
Zaphod_B
fronkhead
Cube
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
Axis1500
NintenDUCK
Athrun888
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Sentinator
Slazo
Vidofnir
masofdas
Xelviar
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
Silver light
Admin
The_Jaster
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 16:46

Honestly I feel Elma holds a position of power as well.

Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention earlier, when you do get Skells I'd advise you dump the level 20 early on and buy a level 30, makes a world of difference.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 23:07

I'm trying to, they won't let me equip anything I can buy at the moment! So my current Skell feels rather clunky and bad.

Although it really did help me hit-and-run the enemies in the Biahno Plant. Which was... terrifying. At least I made the right decision for once...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2016 - 9:05

I'd recommend getting the Verus when you finally do buy your level 30 Skell, has a good fuel consumption rate and can equip the more powerful weapons like G-Busters to boot.  Lailah is also a good model for similar reasons.  

Also if you've been killing Puges and other Ganglion enemies odds are you'll have a few weapons like G-Busters for a level 20 and 30 Skell already, before buying anything I'd recommend having a look at what you can already equip first.  

A warning, with Skells you will need to use some augments to bring out their real potential.  Thankfully it's nothing too big, just some Damage Enemy Type Up augments is enough, and you'll likely have the required materials just from normal play.  And already have some augments from missions and side quests.  

One final tip regarding Skells, or rather, what they can do.  Candid and Credible, if you haven't maxed them out I'd advise you do so.  All their armour gets Treasure Sensor if you max them out, which if you stick it on someone who uses a Skell means you can up your enemy loot drop rates by a large degree with no major side effects.  This also makes getting good Skell weapons from Ganglions easier.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptyWed 13 Jan 2016 - 18:53

I'm going to keep mentioning the Purification Plant mission until someone acknowledges it. Razz I'll upgrade my Skell when I've got over the trauma. (Although I did have a couple of missions anyway.)
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2016 - 9:49

There isn't really much I can say about it, especially with some of the newer side quests I've finished. Not sure if it's available yet but if it is have a check over at the flight pad of the Admin district, there's another really good side quest line that starts there.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptyThu 14 Jan 2016 - 22:44

You mean there's worse to come!? Bloody hell. If so, there are some seriously well-written and interesting side-quests in this game, along with the "gather four blue sparkly things".
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2016 - 21:44

Well, I wouldn't necessarily say worse, although there are a couple that are even more grim than the water plant quest (speaking of which you can expect another side quest linked to that later in the game), but it isn't the end of the interesting storylines. Not by a long shot.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptySat 16 Jan 2016 - 21:48

Athrun888 wrote:
As an aside you can actually get to Cauldros right now as well, the entry from Sylvalum is blocked off by level 35+ enemies, but there's another entry on
Discovery spoilers?  Is that even a thing?  Spoilered just in case you'd rather explore.:

Well apparently I'm doing just that, for Hope. Who, incidentally, reacted pretty much like I would do when asked if robots can procreate. No Cauldros and lava-death, here we come!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptySun 17 Jan 2016 - 12:08

Good luck with your trek across the land!  You're going to need it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptyMon 18 Jan 2016 - 20:32

...Yeeeeeeeah, no. I went for one probe station and got savaged by a lv. 30 mountain lion out of nowhere.

Instead I'm hunting for moleworms in the world's most irritating cave. DAMN YOU! Bit of a comedown, but what can you do?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptyTue 19 Jan 2016 - 12:20

Honestly they never really bothered me, I went in with a level 30 Skell and made mincemeat of them (assuming you're talking about the Caro's).  I was more hampered by the level 37+ prone mechs.

I ran across a level 65 small tyrant on a mountain top yesterday, thought I with my band of level 50 Skells could take it easily, and for half its health bar things went smoothly.  

Then it Mindjacked two of the level 50 Skells.  Pale
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptyTue 19 Jan 2016 - 20:26

Ouch, use your enemies' strength against them. Pale

Also, Athers, check yer MP inbox! (Saying it here since I know you read these. Tongue )
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 7:42

I did it!  I have an ARES!  The 70 model specifically.  Had some sweet sweet payback with the nemesis last night!

Is what I want to say.  Then a level 93 giant mecha Tyrant popped out of nowhere to aid the level 65 mindjacking tyrant. . .  Pale
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptySun 24 Jan 2016 - 20:17

Ouch, that's got to sting. Tongue

Okay, I've made my decision. I want a new F-Zero, with playable Professor B. No more, certainly no less.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2016 - 3:47

On the bright side I made a clean getaway that time!  

Since then I have ascended in to godhood!  I have attained a Ares 90 Skell, and now not even the level 90 Tyrant in Oblivia can stop me!  Twisted Evil

Killing everything with it gets kind of boring though, so I'm about to start looking in to the infinite Overdrive ground builds to make them as viable as Skells since ground combat is more fun.

Oh.  My.  God.  Just did the waterplant side quest.  I'll never look at Cantors the same way again. Pale

Reaction spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2016 - 20:06

Hah!  So you'd missed out on it first time around?  NOW do you see why I was banging on about it? Grin And did you make the right choice?

On a less optimistic note, I have to admit that I'm finding the game a bit of a slog right now.  I've got about 12 characters, and the game must want me to use them all given that it's given them to me, right?  Only the constant rotation means that Belidé's level 31, the others are all below 26, and some are down at 21.  This despite me doing every mission I can come across, apart from the "kill x ys".  Add to that their lack of Skells, and I feel like I'm carrying three passengers into every fight.  

It's surely not a coincidence that I'm at a similar place to where Andy was when he chucked in the towel, having just finished chapter 7.  Only for me it's bringing a 9.5/10 game down to an 8, rather than an 8 to a 3.

Athrun, any hints?  Did you feel any dragging mid-game?  Any unbalanced characters?  How did you get through it?  Should I just plug Hope in slot four, shoot for the end, and come back for the others later?  But then I'll have cleaned up all the normal missions...
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptyWed 27 Jan 2016 - 5:31

I just stuck with Elma and Lin for the entire game since they're mandatory for the story. Buy a level 30 Skell and shove the fourth member in your level 20 Skell from the exam and they can carry their weight till they hit level 30. At your point in the game I was basically focussing on getting a fleet of level 30 Skells from the shop.

I wouldn't recommend rotating the party until you hit post-game, just stick with Lin and Elma and pick whoever you like most out of the extra cast for the fourth member.

Speaking of Skells, might be worth mentioning you can get quality weapons from the Ganglion base near the entrance in Sylvalum, the Puges drop G-Busters and iirc phoenix's as well. Candid an Credible's armour set with Treasure Sensor works wonders for getting loot as well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptyWed 27 Jan 2016 - 7:19

Cheers, I think I'll go for that then. It's a complete shift from how I've been playing the game up until now, but I really am sick of the lack of focus.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptySun 31 Jan 2016 - 14:22

Chapter 8 Character Spoilers:

Also my CPU mates keep losing Skells. Just lost another Skell insurance policy because Lin couldn't get out of her machine quick enough. Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptySun 31 Jan 2016 - 17:12

It begins.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptySun 31 Jan 2016 - 17:58

Hooray, plugging through the opening section of Undertale finally bears fruit! Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2016 - 8:11

Early thoughts:

It looks pretty! That said, I am getting a nasty ammount of pop-in and textures loading quite late. Maybe I haven't installed everything fully?

It sounds great! I like the variety in music; hip-hop and pop tracks in the city, real classic RPG stuff when exploring Mira. That scene at the start when I went over the hill and saw all the aliens and everything...

I want to explore. I want to see everything. It really captures the feeling of exploring a completely alien place. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2016 - 10:14

Balladeer wrote:
Chapter 8 Character Spoilers:

Also my CPU mates keep losing Skells.  Just lost another Skell insurance policy because Lin couldn't get out of her machine quick enough. Hissy fit

Actually the ai doesn't use up an insurance if they lose a Skell as they are programmed to get the qte perfect every time. As long as the Skell had insurance to begin with they basically have infinite lives and just require a quick visit to the barracks hanger to reset the skell. Which is just as well given how incompetent they are in skells.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2016 - 19:29

I swear the text said otherwise...  Anyway, that's less important (I have pretty bottomless funds at the moment, and a stash of stuff to sell if they bottom out) than: who is that person (not WNK, the other one) and why should I care?

Drunkalilly wrote:
Early thoughts:

It looks pretty! That said, I am getting a nasty ammount of pop-in and textures loading quite late. Maybe I haven't installed everything fully?

It sounds great! I like the variety in music; hip-hop and pop tracks in the city, real classic RPG stuff when exploring Mira. That scene at the start when I went over the hill and saw all the aliens and everything...

I want to explore. I want to see everything. It really captures the feeling of exploring a completely alien place. Thumbs Up!

Great that you're enjoying it thus far, Drunka! Grin Have you downloaded all the patches?  I haven't played it without, but apparently they make a massive difference.  Under add-on content for the game in the eShop.

The music is what I think Jas claimed Splatoon was going for: something for fans of every genre (as we know, Crumpster isn't a fan of any genre Razz ).  I'm not a fan of NLA's music, but the other stuff is great.  That said, Noctilium did start to wear after a while, I'll admit... but now I'm a fan again. Grin

And yep, the designers knew exactly what they were trying to accomplish with that early shot!  Enjoy your exploring, there's a fantastic world out there.  The one tip I'd give you is not to rotate your party too much, else you end up with everyone bar your MC massively underlevelled.  And four characters (HB, Bozé, Alexa, and Yelv) were originally DLC in Japan, and don't add anything to the rest of the game - leave them until last.

As for me, FUCK CANTORS FUCK CANTORS FUCK CANTORS AAAAAAAAAAAA...  After the business in that side-quest I thought I was over them, but no, stepped slightly out of line in Sylvalum and AAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 2 Feb 2016 - 7:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 EmptyMon 1 Feb 2016 - 19:49

I'm a fan of the Taylor Swift genre and that's all that matters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Page 12 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next