We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
fronkhead
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
flora-chan
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
shanks
masofdas
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptyFri 29 Apr 2016 - 8:52

I'll be happy if I never see another "New" Super Mario Bros. ever again. It felt old at the time of the first game, and any retrostalgia has been eroded by later games.

Still, kudos to Nintendo for sticking to "one per console". Must be easy to think of bashing one out whenever sales are looking a bit slow.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptyFri 29 Apr 2016 - 9:20

Agree with the excessive 2D Marios, and just platformers in general. Would be a nice break if the NX doesn't have a 2D Donkey Kong or 2D Kirby

Last edited by gjones on Fri 29 Apr 2016 - 9:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptyFri 29 Apr 2016 - 9:20

I'd like to see a new type of 2D Mario, though I guess you could call Mario Maker that...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptyFri 29 Apr 2016 - 9:25

gjones wrote:
Agree with the excessive 2D Marios, and just platformers in general. Would be a nice break if the NX doesn't have a 2D Donkey Kong, 2D Kirby or 2D Kirby (so bad he mentioned it twice!).

I'll take another 2D Donkey Kong if and only if they still have David Wise doing the soundtrack. Otherwise, agreed.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptyFri 29 Apr 2016 - 9:31

Personally I don't seem to get sequel fatigue, particularly in Nintendo's case where they come out once per gen. On the last gen alone I played 8 Ratchet & Clank games (4 of them HD remakes, so they aren't being produced that fast), I've just played another and I'd be well up for another if it came out tomorrow.

If the games are coming out at a high standard and are still fun to play I don't see why they would skip a gen. DK and Mario made significant improvements on the games before them, so I would be well up for an NX version, even if it was just the next logical leap as opposed to a total overhaul.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptyFri 29 Apr 2016 - 14:19

Andy makes a fair point, case in point DK as mentioned, the time between the release of Returns and Tropical Freeze was very short yet there was little fatigue for me, I was well up for it. In Mario's case, whilst I felt the fatigue with NSMB, Mario Maker felt like there was enough quality there to justify the short window between that and NSMB Wii U so as long as the game is good enough I see no reason releasing a new one every few years. It's the secret to the yearly update games, whilst many on is forum will see they aren't always that good (Hi Assassins Creed) the people who enjoy those games keep lapping it up because it meets their needs.

Regarding the launch date, quite happy it's been moved to March, whilst it won't get the Christmas sales, I think the buzz it could create that early in the year will have people clamouring for it the following Christmas. For those buying in March it'll help ease the finances giving more people a chance to adopt early and it'll also avoid crossing over with PlayStation VR which is can only be a good thing as it'll give people a chance to realise VR is a load of toss.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptyFri 29 Apr 2016 - 14:43

Kimishima speaks. He's all about launching with a decent launch window line-up, thinking that will out-prioritise the holiday window. And I can get behind that viewpoint. Less so that he expects smartphone games to cover for the Wii U being weak this year. Pale
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptyFri 29 Apr 2016 - 15:31

Good memories of the Wii U launch window, with Rayman Legends, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Aliens Colonial Marines and Crysis 3.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptyFri 29 Apr 2016 - 19:54

Treesmurf wrote:
VR is a load of toss.

Clearly never used VR then, also I would love it if the NX had some sort of VR component mainly just to see how likes of Andy would react to it.

Yeah mobile but didn't he say the 3DS will pick up the slack as well with limited sales of Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptyFri 29 Apr 2016 - 20:30

Release window?   Sounds remarkably similair to the 3ds plans, I pray it doesn't result in the same complete drought of games the 3ds had.  

To be fair though a complete drought of unique exclusive killer apps didn't stop the ps4 selling millions so releasing a successful console without any games can be done!  Grin

masofdas wrote:
Treesmurf wrote:
VR is a load of toss.

Clearly never used VR then, also I would love it if the NX had some sort of VR component mainly just to see how likes of Andy would react to it.

Yeah mobile but didn't he say the 3DS will pick up the slack as well with limited sales of Wii U.

Everyone claimed the exact same thing about 3d several years back when that was supposed to be replacing every single screen under the sun as the standard format for viewing everything.  Vr's going to be as well used in a few years as 3d is now, mark my words.  It isn't the first gimmick wannabe revolution and it won't be the last.  

Even if it is as good as has been stated, fact of the matter is the vast majority of the public use tv and its assorted mediums to relax, which is the exact opposite of gluing a screen to ones face so one can see all the nitty gritty details up close and personal.  There are times when that sort of immersion is desirable, but it, like 3d before it, is a special occasion thing rather than the next standard norm.  Nobody wants intense experiences all day every day.  

I'm going to guess it'll surprise nobody that I really dislike VR.

Methinks I should crash, I'm even more delightful than usual.  Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptyFri 29 Apr 2016 - 20:41

We've talked about this elsewhere but now your bringing up VR being the new standard, which I've never said.

It will never will be the standard , but it doesn't mean it can't sit side by side with the standard playing of games.

And offer new experiences of play or for other things like Jimbob point out about his job using VR.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptyFri 29 Apr 2016 - 20:43

Launch window and launch day are tricky beasts to get right. There's already one big, long game on NX launch day (unless it gets delayed again! Rolling Eyes ). Then you've got to pace tempting releases carefully over the next few months. Nintendo will not get it right for everyone (even some long term Nintendo fans, no doubt). I don't envy anyone at the company at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptySun 1 May 2016 - 11:16

masofdas wrote:
And offer new experiences of play or for other things like Jimbob point out about his job using VR.

True, but for my work's application, people are only going to be wearing headsets for 10 minutes max. I agree with the 'Smurf; VR for gaming as we know/want it is going to be a big disappointment - I just read NGamer/ONM friend Matt Sakuraoka-Gilman's review of VR games he's tested, and the best score he gave anything was 72%, because it was quite short - so, Nintendo, if they're worried about having a steady ship early on, I think they're doing the right thing, staying well clear of VR for the time being. I also agree with Arthrun in that people bought the PS4 despite a gap in launch-day games because they knew that there was stuff round the corner; something that wasn't necessarily apparent with the 3DS. So as long as Nintendo start giving us info on this sort of thing now, people (although let's limit that to Ninty fans) will probably see the bigger picture. However, I also agree with Zero in that no-one will be 100% pleased with anything. Basically I'm like the Reader's Digest of other people's opinions.

Speaking of "giving us into on this sort of thing now" I was initially blinkered on the Zelda U delay, because I've got a backlog of games like no-one's business. However, my line manager at work is a massive Zelda fan, but doesn't really have that much time for gaming, so he caved in and bought a WiiU at the end of last year, in anticipation of the new'n. He's really pissed off now. Nintendo probably should've broadcast this earlier.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptySun 1 May 2016 - 12:29

Jimbob wrote:
masofdas wrote:

True, but for my work's application, people are only going to be wearing headsets for 10 minutes max. I agree with the 'Smurf; VR for gaming as we know/want it is going to be a big disappointment - I just read NGamer/ONM friend Matt Sakuraoka-Gilman's review of VR games he's tested, and the best score he gave anything was 72%, because it was quite short - so, Nintendo, if they're worried about having a steady ship early on, I think they're doing the right thing, staying well clear of VR for the time being. I also agree with Arthrun in that people bought the PS4 despite a gap in launch-day games because they knew that there was stuff round the corner; something that wasn't necessarily apparent with the 3DS. So as long as Nintendo start giving us info on this sort of thing now, people (although let's limit that to Ninty fans) will probably see the bigger picture. However, I also agree with Zero in that no-one will be 100% pleased with anything. Basically I'm like the Reader's Digest of other people's opinions.

Speaking of "giving us into on this sort of thing now" I was initially blinkered on the Zelda U delay, because I've got a backlog of games like no-one's business. However, my line manager at work is a massive Zelda fan, but doesn't really have that much time for gaming, so he caved in and bought a WiiU at the end of last year, in anticipation of the new'n. He's really pissed off now. Nintendo probably should've broadcast this earlier.

Jas has tried to move the VR talk else where but yeah the reviews like you say might not be great for the games so far but what was the avg for PS4 launch line-up for instance, I personally think VR much like how you bring up about the PS4 & hopefully what's coming to the NX around the corner.

Also do you want along VR game, if your saying this guy only gave what ever game a 72% because it's short, to me that's not a problem. I'm not looking for 14hr Uncharted in VR but 2hr-3hr Everybody Gone to the Rapture type stuff. There is long good game just look up Chronos for instance and if Nintendo do VR then I reckon out of anyone they'd would figure it out the best (I know the VB) which leads me to.

It's the what's coming, the tech is there for VR it's going to take someone maybe From Software who are now looking at making a PSVR game to bring out that Killer App.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptySun 1 May 2016 - 16:29

mas wrote:
It's the what's coming, the tech is there for VR it's going to take someone maybe From Software who are now looking at making a PSVR game to bring out that Killer App.

Armoured Core ahoy!

or

Perhaps a return for Metal Wolf Chaos.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptySun 1 May 2016 - 18:13

They said new IP, but something mech based would be cool as fits VR well as your piloting a vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptyMon 2 May 2016 - 10:30

Sorry everyone - I found the VR thread after this one. Uh, back to the NX.

Uh...

Do you reckon it'll...

*cough*

have...

er...

Amiibo-compatibility?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptyMon 2 May 2016 - 10:31

Almost certainly, those little buggers are making cash for Nintendo hand over fist.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptyMon 2 May 2016 - 16:11

Aye it'd be silly for them to stop doing amiibo's when NX launches.

---

Here's an interesting article on why the NX skipping E3 is a smart move.

http://www.gamesradar.com/stalling-the-nx-to-2017-and-skipping-e3-is-the-smartest-thing-nintendo-has-done-in-years/

I don't completely agree with all of it, like the bit that mentions how a hybrid solves Nintendo's slow software output but I certainly do when it comes to the E3 part.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptyMon 2 May 2016 - 16:44

That's something I've been saying for years that a hybrid would solve the lack of software for a system.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptyThu 5 May 2016 - 11:47

So this story has cropped up on NL: Nintendo may be abandoning optical storage for carts/game cards for the NX. I was thinking about this the other day: in the cartridge era, Nintendo could get away with underpowered machines because they could put chips in the carts - most famously with the Super FX chip. In the optical storage era, there's not that option (obvs). I don't know if it's for the best - surely manufacturing costs increase? - but time will, as always, tell.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptyThu 5 May 2016 - 11:59

This is just a rumour, so I'm going to assume they won't actually touch this idea with a barge-pole. While it has its advantages, especially from a hybrid point of view (a point of view I don't care for - have I mentioned this?), I and a lot of others hope that the NX will finally be able to run the big multiplats from the current generation. Carts where everyone else is using discs would seem to be the opposite of that.

The_Jaster wrote:

http://www.gamesradar.com/stalling-the-nx-to-2017-and-skipping-e3-is-the-smartest-thing-nintendo-has-done-in-years/

I don't completely agree with all of it, like the bit that mentions how a hybrid solves Nintendo's slow software output but I certainly do when it comes to the E3 part.

I missed this when you first posted it, apologies Jas. Nintendo definitely need to be ready at launch, and they've emphasised this over and over again. Yet is it asking too much for them to be able to do both that, and hit E3? Them being Nintendo aside.

And you know what, I'm starting to think it might be, from those other-format examples. Even the PS4 didn't have a good launch period, riding it out instead on an avalanche of PR-driven goodwill: something Nintendo doesn't have. Perhaps Nintendo really do need to skip E3 in order to launch with a bang. Which is a shame.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptyThu 5 May 2016 - 12:03

Wasn't one of the main issues looking back at something like Resident Evil 2 was that they just couldn't get the game to fit on the cart size.

Yes I know it is on N64 but there is limition to the games.

But now surely the same applies and you get huge SD cards, that I can't see cartridge based system being a issue.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptySat 14 May 2016 - 17:04

Seen this morning, on Facebook a link to Miss Rodgers blog but this is from Nintendo Life who are running a article on the NX rumors.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 EmptySun 15 May 2016 - 13:34

Balladeer wrote:
This is just a rumour, so I'm going to assume they won't actually touch this idea with a barge-pole.  While it has its advantages, especially from a hybrid point of view (a point of view I don't care for - have I mentioned this?), I and a lot of others hope that the NX will finally be able to run the big multiplats from the current generation.  Carts where everyone else is using discs would seem to be the opposite of that.

The_Jaster wrote:

I missed this when you first posted it, apologies Jas.  Nintendo definitely need to be ready at launch, and they've emphasised this over and over again.  Yet is it asking too much for them to be able to do both that, and hit E3?  Them being Nintendo aside.

And you know what, I'm starting to think it might be, from those other-format examples.  Even the PS4 didn't have a good launch period, riding it out instead on an avalanche of PR-driven goodwill: something Nintendo doesn't have.  Perhaps Nintendo really do need to skip E3 in order to launch with a bang.  Which is a shame.

Tbh I imagine an E3 reveal would have happened if wii U had the standard life period of other Nintendo consoles but since we know it hasn't their hand has been somewhat forced to take a different approach.

balladeer wrote:
Nintendo definitely need to be ready at launch, and they've emphasised this over and over again.  Yet is it asking too much for them to be able to do both that, and hit E3?

This time around I'd have to say it is too much of an ask as I reckon they just wouldn't have the games in a suitable state to showcase but with that said all of the console makers should be able to do that without trouble especially if they are going with summer reveal & Holiday launch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)   Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft) - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo NX -> Nintendo Switch (Switchcraft)
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next