Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Accidental Hard Mode

Go down 
+8
fronkhead
The_Jaster
Dead Lemon
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
oldschool
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Accidental Hard Mode - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accidental Hard Mode   Accidental Hard Mode - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Jul 2015 - 0:09

I finally remembered something! I didn't realise you could save your game mid-mission in Valkyria Chronicles until at least two-thirds into the game. Before I was trying to do all levels in one attempt, which was very difficult when a lot of missions last at least thirty minutes and there are no checkpoints.

Finding out I was able to create lots of different saves and reload from them ended up being underwhelming, though, as the game suddenly became a lot easier and there wasn't much weight to my actions. I think Code Name STEAM gets it right in having single-use save points which also give the player a non-reversible choice of healing in exchange for medals.: Saving becomes a valid strategy!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Hard Mode   Accidental Hard Mode - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Jul 2015 - 8:09

I don't think I knew that until now! Mind you I'm terrible at manually saving in most games, so that's not a surprise.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Hard Mode   Accidental Hard Mode - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2015 - 8:52

So, Code Name S.T.E.A.M., then. I've reached a two-level chapter and, after much hardship, made it through the first level. Selecting the recommended team for the second level, though, was a big mistake: it totally didn't reflect how I play the game. After forty-odd minutes of discovering this, I selected to go back to the ship and assemble different avengers. I did so and re-entered the fray... only to find myself on the first level of the world. Horrified, I reset the game.

It's only gone and saved at that point, so my having beaten the first level has disappeared forever. Evil or Very Mad / Sad / No
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Hard Mode   Accidental Hard Mode - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Jul 2015 - 23:37

My brother and I have been playing Assassin's Creed Black Flag recently (thanks to Games with Gold), watched him play some to notice he was never using swords during fights but sticking to unarmed combat. I thought it was odd, he then complained about how he's able to buy swords but not able to use them. I had to explain he can switch to swords using the d-pad. He'd been playing for quite sometime by this point. Duh!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Hard Mode   Accidental Hard Mode - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 7:40

That's a brilliant one DL! Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Hard Mode   Accidental Hard Mode - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Jul 2015 - 12:18

I swear, they should just not let me near games. Yesterday I discovered that you can look at the bait you need to catch missing fish in the various locations of StreetPass Fishing before you confirm where you want to go. Duh!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Hard Mode   Accidental Hard Mode - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Jul 2015 - 13:19

That's gotta be a winner. I can't imagine getting anywhere in that game but showing up at a random hole and hoping Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Hard Mode   Accidental Hard Mode - Page 2 EmptySun 1 Nov 2015 - 20:10

I'm back. Played The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth for the first time yesterday - without looking at the manual, natch. For about five minutes I was playing thinking that I could only fire to the right. Thank goodness that didn't last long! Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Hard Mode   Accidental Hard Mode - Page 2 EmptySun 1 Nov 2015 - 21:29

Ouch! That game is already hard enough without doing that.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Hard Mode   Accidental Hard Mode - Page 2 EmptySun 1 Nov 2015 - 21:43

ZeroJones wrote:
I'm back. Played The Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth for the first time yesterday - without looking at the manual, natch. For about five minutes I was playing thinking that I could only fire to the right. Thank goodness that didn't last long! Embarrassed

Oh wow, Zero. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Hard Mode   Accidental Hard Mode - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Aug 2017 - 10:35

This past month reminded me hard of this thread, so I'm pulling it out of the archive. Grin

In Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I didn't discover I could shoot out cameras until the last couple of levels. Worse, I bought a weapon upgrade and had it languishing in my inventory for hours before realising that it had to be applied to a weapon for it to work. Duh! Sonic Mania's Blue Sphere bonus levels have given me particular trouble: I didn't realise collecting the spheres on the perimeter of a grouping would turn them into rings. Much later I found out that you can jump, too! No
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Hard Mode   Accidental Hard Mode - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Mar 2018 - 19:36

Celeste level 3 normal level progression:

Not the only strawberry I approached wrong, incidentally.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Hard Mode   Accidental Hard Mode - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 May 2018 - 18:42

It took me about 50% of the campaign in Horizon: Zero Dawn to realise that you could expand your carry capacity/Ammo Capacity by crafting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accidental Hard Mode   Accidental Hard Mode - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Accidental Hard Mode
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2