We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair

Go down 
+13
Marzy
Spiralcannon2-CW
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
oldschool
Jimbob
Treesmurf
masofdas
The_Jaster
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016 - 9:27

Balladeer wrote:
This one's for Jas!  Nice touch.

And it's great to hear that Jimminy Jim Jim's so keen.  Cannot wait.  (Well, can, and will, but it won't be easy.)

That orchestra style Shovel Knight music was a great touch too, also love that this seems like it will be sending up other games too with characters like Kartos. The games industry has taken itself a bit too seriously in recent years so hopefully there's more parodies like this in the full game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016 - 9:47

...I didn't even get that it could be a pun on Kratos. Laughing I hope there's some 'Cart Of War' stuff in there.

EDIT: Apparently his alias is 'the God of Ore'. Applause
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016 - 22:11

It seems like it will even be parodying classic Rare stuff- see the enemy that is just some googly eyes that can attach themselves to things.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyTue 27 Sep 2016 - 0:04

This looks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good, I'd happily trade all of this year's remaining games just for this, games that are fun just for the sake of it are so rare these days it'll be amazing to just get lost in something so bright and cheery.

Trowzer is such a cheap pun as well but easily my favourite.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 9:15

Perhaps the admins. would care to shift this thread into the Switch forum?  Unfortunately the game's no longer coming to Wii U, and upgraders look like they'll face a substantial delay, which is rubbish.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 9:30

Seen Fronk talking about it on twitter, who reckons this was never coming to Wii U as it's never been shown and actually far to ambitious for the Wii U.

Does make you wonder what they've been doing for all this time, seeing Team 17 are handling it on PS4, ONE and PC.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 9:59

Moved by request. Thumbs Up!

Now I have to get a Switch... I hope there's an e-mail to Wii U-owning backers before too long.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 16:41

Colour me unsurprised.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 20:12

Out on April 11th for the Other Formats, slap-bang in the middle of the release of a certain heavily-rumoured Switch launch game and Sonic Mania. Ooft.

Still, on it like a tramp on chips, this'll be quality. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 20:32

I can't remember who suggested that the current dearth of information might be because it's going to launch on Switch with the Switch. Which would be at least two weeks before the other consoles.

I think this is nonsense, mind. A (relatively) small development studio is unlikely to have their hands on the tech. yet, and if so, they'd be playing a dangerous game by potentially misleading their backers.

But... please?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 20:35

Wouldn't it be bit of silly bringing out a 3D platformer doesn't how good it is out on the same day as 3D Mario.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 20:53

Strongly suspect Y-L Switch won't be a day one release. It's too close for all that development to be transferred over to a new machine, surely?

In other news, might - might! - ask for my money back. I can't commit to a Switch at this point, and I'm sure as heck not going to get it on another platform. Grr Arg.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 20:57

You won't get your money back Zero even says in KickStarter T&Cs, I did go over this about Bloodstained.

Backing is the risk you take, unfortunately. Back on Wii U to Switch, only thing I can think is Playtonic have only been working on Wii U version and only just come to the conclusion that they can't do it hmm.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 21:23

Playtonic's FAQ page says I can get in touch with them about a refund, and that's all I said I would do. Whether I actually get one or not is another matter, natch - but it's the best way to express my dissatisfaction with this turn of events.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyTue 13 Dec 2016 - 21:26

You might be good then and would show good will from them, which most wouldn't do and would say that's the risk you take.

Someone recently did features on YouTube about video game KickStarters which took you money.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyWed 14 Dec 2016 - 22:26

Hmmm... I can understand your frustrations if you were wanting to buy Yooka-Laylee on the WiiU, and have essentially already paid for it. The fact that they've set up a thing where they imply you can get a refund I think separates them from perhaps a few, smaller and less experiences, Kickstarter operations. I don't think they're out for your money or anything, and I certainly don't think they were never going to make a WiiU version; it just became impossible to manage.
I have to admit that my opinion is perhaps a little selfish, in that I would just as well buy the PS4 version, or wait for the Switch version, which I know I'm going to buy, even if it costs £40000.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyThu 15 Dec 2016 - 1:56

I hope the wait isn't too long, I'd much rather have it on a Nintendo Console because it just feels right but I'll happily go for the PS4 if it means a long wait.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyFri 16 Dec 2016 - 23:49

I think Playtonic are handling this pretty reasonably. Having said that, this isn't surprising news but it's news I'm actually reasonably happy about - Yooka-Laylee feels like a game I should be playing on a Nintendo console rather than PC or PS4.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptySun 18 Dec 2016 - 16:10

I'm going to have a 3D Mario around the time of Switch launch, by the looks of things, so I'll be happy with a short wait for Yooka.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017 - 23:18

It's on. Cool Yooka-Laylee confirmed for digital release on the Nintendo Switch. Happy days! Dance
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017 - 23:25

It'll be a bit sad if this doesn't get a retail version on Switch but I imagine their decision might be to forego that so it is out as close as possible to the other console versions.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017 - 23:25

Phew! And relax. Even if it takes a technical hit, I'm probably getting the Switch version.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyTue 31 Jan 2017 - 5:49

Did we not know this? Or did I just assume? More worrying for me is the lack of release date.

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'm going to have a 3D Mario around the time of Switch launch, by the looks of things, so I'll be happy with a short wait for Yooka.

Also, this is no longer true. Will this be the longest we've had to wait for a platformer on a Nintendo console?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyTue 31 Jan 2017 - 6:17

Previously it was heavily implied but Playtonic stopped short of an actual confirmation. Now that they've done that deed, I don't have to be angry any more: I just have to make sure to swi change the format I want the game on. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 EmptyTue 31 Jan 2017 - 10:52

Balladeer wrote:
Did we not know this?  Or did I just assume?  More worrying for me is the lack of release date.

Drunkalilly wrote:

Also, this is no longer true.  Will this be the longest we've had to wait for a platformer on a Nintendo console?

Sonic Mania

@Zero I thought you weren't getting a Switch due to the wedding and the code be it on Switch or not is rather pointless and why you were getting a refund?

@Jim That is a odd one as PlayTonic are doing the Switch version and Team 17 doing PS4, ONE versions, I'm not sure who's doing the PC version but could be strange as like you say the Switch may take a technical hit, yet play the best.

I've seen a few people still angry due to no date and no physical version, which could be Nintendo's end not PlayTonic's and maybe likes of Limited Run could step in and sort out a physical veriosn in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: