We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair

Go down 
+13
Marzy
Spiralcannon2-CW
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
oldschool
Jimbob
Treesmurf
masofdas
The_Jaster
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptyTue 31 Jan 2017 - 17:54

I'm not getting a Switch on launch day but I'll definitely get one eventually. Jo and I have said we'll look into it following the honeymoon.

As for a refund, it seems like that option is still available, given that they mentioned that backers could still ask for one in the most recent e-mail. However, now Y-L is confirmed for a platform I'm going to own, I'm happy with that. When the game's future on Nintendo machines was up in the air, my anger was up in the air too. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptyFri 3 Feb 2017 - 20:08

Well, it's happened. I've changed my Wii U non-version for a Switch one. Now I just hope it comes out soon - not only because I want to play it, but also because it'll be a sign of how easy things are to port. Q2 is my faint hope.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptySat 4 Feb 2017 - 19:14

I backed for a Steam version - I'm guessing I can't change it for a Switch version, no?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptySat 4 Feb 2017 - 19:48

I think you can as the backer survey is open and you can select anything.

I've actually cancelled mine as I don't know when its coming to Switch and not to bothered about it on PS4, that I sooner just buy it when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptySun 5 Feb 2017 - 21:57

Changed my backing to the Switch version yesterday. Thumbs Up! Oh boy howdy, this had better be worth the hype! Grin
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptySun 5 Feb 2017 - 22:02

I sadly discovered I couldn't change my version to Switch from Steam. Aww!

I'll still buy it on Switch, so if anybody would like a code for Steam, let me know!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptySat 25 Mar 2017 - 9:29

So, erm. Probably don't look at the comments for this one. I'm in favour, haven't liked Jontron since he tried to defend his use of 'retard' by saying 'there are worse things happening in Syria', but... well.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptySat 25 Mar 2017 - 11:48

I'm looking forward to Yooka-Laylee, but there's one bit I'm going to have to try not to think about when I play the game, which is a shame.

Balladeer wrote:
Best not look at the comments for this one...

Ah, never mind! Dance

This was really disturbing - up until 3/4 months ago, I would've described  Jon Jafari as possibly the funniest people on the internet. Then he did a big bit with Breitbart about how the liberal media aren't trustworthy. Then it got worse. Then it got worse. Then it got worse.

This wouldn't have been an easy decision by Playtonic - he has quite close personal ties with a few of the Rare doods (the Grant Kirkhope Guest Grumps episode was an epic), and making this change so late in the day is very risky, especially for the group of people who were as haphazard as Rare were in the 90s! However it would appear that their collective conscience is greater than that.

There's a bit of discussion in the comments as highlighted by the Balla (and I have to say I thought the AltR would get in a lot quicker) about it being commercially bad to keep his voice in the game. I don't know about that actually; I was still going to get the game despite this, as I assume that the British creative sense-of-humour types Playtonic are wouldn't feel the same way, but I did see a few comments after NintendoLife's tweet where people were whining that they weren't going to buy the game. Assuming everyone thinks like me (and I've already made that mistake) it might be that they lose a few sales - but it looks like they have bigger priorities than that.

I think, to stick the boot in, they should get Dan Avidan (his Game Grumps successor) to do the voice; Dan's the most inoffensive liberal hippy nice dude.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptySun 26 Mar 2017 - 21:25

I'd completely missed all that stuff with Jontron. What a fanny. He's completely shat the bed.

Anyway, Yooka-Laylee, can't wait for it, and definitely getting it for PS4 on launch. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptySun 26 Mar 2017 - 22:48

Well, I for one won't be buying it now it's been censored by the bloody SJWs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptySun 26 Mar 2017 - 22:54

Got to call that the right decision. Thumbs Up! Cappa's summed it up better than I ever could - although my version will be more Switch-y than PS4-y.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2017 - 1:14

Christ on a bike, the highly persecooted race of gamerrzzz is having a right wobbly on twitter over this. What Jonathon Tronathon said would have got him fired from any other media job. There's being "tough on immigration" and then there's.... yeish.

I don't want to take away any more discussion from the actual game, so I'll border up this stuff that has since happened:

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2017 - 5:46

Muss wrote:
Christ on a bike, the highly persecooted race of gamerrzzz is having a right wobbly on twitter over this.

Surely not! Rolling Eyes Also that 'anime avatars' thing is nowhere near as bad as all the stuff JT's said, but because it actually affects the persecuted race of gamers...

Frankly the only thing Playtonic's done wrong this far is still not putting any Switch release details out.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2017 - 6:55

The "angry anime avatars" line is, admittedly, funny... but there's also a tiny lack of professionalism, I'd say. Y-L is the kind of game I really want to succeed, and seeing all this stuff get in the way is quite frustrating. No
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2017 - 10:55

The Earth would be a better place if gamers actually were rounded up and killed, to be fair, so I'm all for that kind of persecution.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2017 - 15:44

But... we're... gamers... Afraid No
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2017 - 21:34

Can't make omelettes and all that.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptyThu 30 Mar 2017 - 16:24

Have they said if they're recording someone else doing the voice yet? I'm far to ill / lazy (read: lazy) to investigate this myself.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptyThu 30 Mar 2017 - 17:14

Anita Sarkeesian is playing the character now.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptyThu 30 Mar 2017 - 20:00

Is that true, Drunkles, or a #bantz -y windup? I did tell the Twittersphere that we were available for voice work...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptyThu 30 Mar 2017 - 20:38

That's just me being me Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptyThu 30 Mar 2017 - 20:41

So we're still in the running? Get in! Dance
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptyThu 30 Mar 2017 - 21:24

As we're still on the topic, I suppose this is a half decent place to segue into something I thought about when the whole "JonTron is a massive fucking racist" debacle kicked off.

Much as Jimmers said higher up, I genuinely enjoyed JonTron's videos - both his solo and group content with the Game Grumps - and I have done for many years. Yep, his humour was getting a wee bit off kilter in recent times, but it wasn't anything I'd class as morally wrong. It was no worse than a Stewart Lee bit or a Frankie Boyle joke. The thing is, I'd imagine that the whole shitstorm hadn't been brought to my attention that I would have probably continued watching and enjoying JonTron's content, provided he didn't bring his shitty views into his videos. That raised the question of what does it take to stop separating content creators themselves from their content?

A lot of authors whose books I enjoy are notoriously crappy people with crappy viewpoints, but I've ended up enjoying their works as I only found out about their views after finishing their works. It makes me wonder if entertainers and artists should take Elvis's viewpoint when he was asked about the Vietnam War: "Honey, I'd just sooner keep my own personal views about that to myself cause I'm just an entertainer and I'd rather not say." Is that even possible today with Twitter? It's inevitable that somebody's going to talk about their viewpoints - what does it take for you to let that colour your opinion of their work?

On a lighter note, I've heard JonTron is working with AltRight Entertainment to make his own homage to N64 platforming of old in "Percy and Gene", starring loveable and porcelain Percy Cution and his pal, Gene Poole.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptyThu 30 Mar 2017 - 22:12

Replied with my BumTrum thoughts elsewhere.

JayMoyles wrote:
On a lighter note, I've heard JonTron is working with AltRight Entertainment to make his own homage to N64 platforming of old in "Percy and Gene", starring loveable and porcelain Percy Cution and his pal, Gene Poole.

Top #chuckles bruv.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 EmptyThu 30 Mar 2017 - 22:15

Good shout moving the chat elsewhere, Drunka. Thumbs Up!

Back on topic, do we still have no sign of a Switch release date for this? Aww!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: