We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Votes Discourse

Go down 
+11
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
shanks
Admin
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
masofdas
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Votes Discourse - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptyFri 15 Dec 2017 - 23:53

Was it not you who said that the rules are there to facilitate the fun, Drunka? Tongue
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptySat 16 Dec 2017 - 8:15

Now Drunka knows how I feel when he and his boys start talking about MonHun. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptySat 16 Dec 2017 - 9:05

Snowballadeer wrote:
Now Drunka knows how I feel when he and his boys start talking about MonHun. Razz

Laughing Eh? Dark souls I could understand as it crept into a lot of threads in the past but we barely talk MH on here, honestly don't get why you're having a wee pop at it here and there as if we have somehow sent Jay in as a mole to the admin position to over throw GNamer and turn it into a MH only forum.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptySat 16 Dec 2017 - 10:08

The_Jaster wrote:
Dark souls I could understand as it crept into a lot of threads in the past but we barely talk MH on here, honestly don't get why you're having a wee pop at it here and there as if we have somehow sent Jay in as a mole to the admin position to over throw GNamer and turn it into a MH only forum.

Shocked

At least that's 2018's April Fool's gag sorted. GNaMHer, I imagine... all avatars replaced by monsters from the franchise... yes, I can see it now...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptySat 16 Dec 2017 - 11:13

If it were DS I'd have omitted the emoticon. Razz Nowt against MonHun, I just feel Drunka's more of a MonHun man than... well, any other series at the moment. So it's the best choice for poking at him. Again, purely for humour's sake!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptySat 16 Dec 2017 - 13:15

I know it is boring chat but I did think that was the sort of the point of this thread to have discussion about votes and any feedback which hopefully Zero has taken on board and I do think what me and Balla have both said in the end makes sense for what the game section can be.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptySat 16 Dec 2017 - 15:49

Balla's just feeling jealous because I haven't been joining him in the I <3 Nintendo Mario Mutual Masturbation Marathon but I have had time to chat about Monster Hunter.

Don't worry Balls Man, I've got plenty of love to share with you and all sorts of game franchises.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptySat 16 Dec 2017 - 17:33

Monster Hunter is for diddies - I'm on Team Balladeer!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptySat 16 Dec 2017 - 22:09

ZeroJones wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Dark souls I could understand as it crept into a lot of threads in the past but we barely talk MH on here, honestly don't get why you're having a wee pop at it here and there as if we have somehow sent Jay in as a mole to the admin position to over throw GNamer and turn it into a MH only forum.

Shocked

At least that's 2018's April Fool's gag sorted. GNaMHer, I imagine... all avatars replaced by monsters from the franchise... yes, I can see it now...

This thought did cross my mind when typing that out.  Laughing

Snowballadeer wrote:
If it were DS I'd have omitted the emoticon. Razz Nowt against MonHun, I just feel Drunka's more of a MonHun man than... well, any other series at the moment.  So it's the best choice for poking at him.  Again, purely for humour's sake!

I either missed that this was a joke or I just didn't find it funny *shrugs* anyhow there's plenty chat going about for all the games we love, I'm honestly spoilt for choice in that regard (most of that is on Switch as well) so if I'm not talking about yer Mario's or BotW's I'm most likely deciding what to play that day & when folk are about that tends to be multiplayer stuff like MH, Rocket league & Spla2n.

So I have less time than usual to talk about the games on here but maybe I'll pop on and do a MH post or two to tide you over a wee bit. Razz
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Dec 2017 - 18:10

Votes Discourse - Page 3 Tumblr_n4fnoqg2361skvmf0o1_250

Drunkalilly wrote:
Balla's just feeling jealous because I haven't been joining him in the I <3 Nintendo Mario Mutual Masturbation Marathon but I have had time to chat about Monster Hunter.

Don't worry Balls Man, I've got plenty of love to share with you and all sorts of game franchises.

It's the Mario Musical Mutual Masturbation Marathon I'm mostly missing you from!

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Monster Hunter is for diddies - I'm on Team Balladeer!

Votes Discourse - Page 3 Tenor

In all seriousness (and so this post isn't almost solely quotes and .gifs), I agree with Mas on this one, much though I disagree with his suggestions.  I think it's a good idea, and easier to ignore for those who don't care, to suggest changes to the formula now.  Otherwise they'd only happen in the award thread, and then the Rolling Eyes would intensify.

Last edited by Snowballadeer on Sun 17 Dec 2017 - 18:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Dec 2017 - 18:16

My final suggestions where a mix of my original ones and what you put forward, so no PS4 award etc just Nontendo.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptyThu 21 Dec 2017 - 19:30

The_Jaster wrote:
as if we have somehow sent Jay in as a mole to the admin position to over throw GNamer and turn it into a MH only forum.

Votes Discourse - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_nfawhdjSHs1rfajnl
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 9:49

Aloha gents!  With the 2018 GNamer Votes looming over the horizon like the autumn sun at midday, I've turned my attention to whittling them down a bit.  In the interest of making them less of a mission to complete, there are a couple of categories I'd like to get rid of, that I think will have minimal effect.  Jay has, however, suggested something that might have a bit more of an effect.

That is, getting rid of the Forumite of the Year award.

There are pros and cons that I can see.  It is the biggest award, coming with the most pomp behind it (given the relative amount of pomp of the votes (not a lot)): there's no obvious other category for us to lead up to in the same way.  On the other hand, we're quite a small group for the most part, a lot of us know each other quite well now, and if it boils down to 'vote for your favourite friends', that can feel a bit awkward.

I thought I'd ask y'all your thoughts, because I can't make up mine.  Jay suggested that most of the Monster Mash lads would probably be in favour of scotching it, but what does everyone else think?

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 15 Oct 2018 - 10:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 9:56

I firmly disagree with everything Jay says, especially if he tries to predict my opinions. I believe forumite of the year should be the only category this year.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 10:16

In the past, I've tried to give it to someone like Zero when he took over as admin, then gJones as he was new posting a lot etc and you could guess who'd I vote for this year from that but is it needed not really.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 10:55

Oh my god, yes, please retire it while I'm champ.

Seriously though, I've said before that these votes are a bit weird with such a small community and this one is especially so.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 10:59

I wouldn't mind if Forumite of the Year was kept around - it's nice for the winner to be recognised for their efforts. Maybe Post of the Year too. I don't think there's much need for Forum Subsection of the Year or anything like that though.

Keep Secret Santa as something for us to build to - I've thought of that as a forum highlight for a few years now.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 22:59

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I firmly disagree with everything Jay says, especially if he tries to predict my opinions.

It's not really a prediction when I distinctly remember a Skype conversation about the awards with the Mash gang not long after the last forum awards. Winky Face

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I wouldn't mind if Forumite of the Year was kept around - it's nice for the winner to be recognised for their efforts. Maybe Post of the Year too. I don't think there's much need for Forum Subsection of the Year or anything like that though.

Aye, we've already talked about scrapping some of the smaller awards like Event and Subforum of the Year and whatnot.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Oct 2018 - 20:00

So if I'm correct that's Cappa against, Drunka Jay and pooooossibly Andy for, and Mas abstaining?  At this rate I'm edging towards kicking it into the long grass, much though I agree with Cappa's point about it being nice to recognise people's efforts.  

Drunkalilly wrote:
Oh my god, yes, please retire it while I'm champ.

Forumite of the Year mate, clearly rescinded at the end of said year.  If there's a reigning champ after the award retires, it should be the remaining forumite who's won that award the most.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Oct 2018 - 19:59

I would vote in it like any other award but I don't think we need it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptyFri 19 Oct 2018 - 2:34

Balla, you know full well you will never talk me down from declaring myself reigning champ in perpetua.

Luke Buskalilly Drunkalilly Yottayuri Jonathan James Summerhayes, Luke-Sensei, Ruku-Sensei, Miyu-Sensei, Mew-Sensei, The Master Cheese, World Excite Truck Champion of the World, Funniest Forumite, Post of the year, Forumite of the Year.

What up GNamer, it is your boy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Oct 2018 - 18:07

I would agree with you Drunka, you would be the last champ or whatever not the person with most wins.

Like RVD is always going to be the last hardcore champ, not Raven or Steve Blackman.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 1:25

Thanks Mas, you were always my favourite.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 17:39

Don't encourage him Mas.

Anyway, the current thinking is probably that Forumite will probably go, but that Contributor's definition will be adjusted somewhat to include people who have made some top-quality posts, not just made lots of them.  It may or may not be renamed as a result. The main thing to clarify is that it's great forum content that is to be valued!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 EmptySun 21 Oct 2018 - 21:54

I could lose it mainly because I hate picking favourites, everyone is just the best.

That should be enough to get me the votes should it go ahead I reckon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Votes Discourse   Votes Discourse - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Votes Discourse
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next