We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HELP! I Need Somebody

Go down 
+9
Vidofnir
Fancy Fancy
Jimbob
ZeroJones
beemoh
JayMoyles
Darunia
Balladeer
Admin
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

HELP! I Need Somebody Empty
PostSubject: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 21:17

Regular Twitter-goers will probably have spotted a trend with me: I get extremely frustrated if I find myself hopelessly lost within a game's contrived logic. Occasionally I'll mooch around for hours trying every available item, action and option available to me, before either getting very frustrated and putting the game down, or finally caving in and accessing GameFAQs. Yes, I have an issue with admitting defeat when playing games.

Seeking a hint/explanation is a last straw for me, and immediately after I cave in I automatically start beating myself up for giving in. Then I remind myself that I'm being totally ridiculous and I'm supposed to be playing games and having fun.

So I put it to you: what's your policy when you get stuck or lost?
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 21:26

How long have I been stuck there for? I'll do my best, I really will: searching around, hitting random things, but if there's a slightest chance that what I need could possibly be anywhere in the world, or if I just feel I've tried everything, then to GameFAQs I merrily go! I feel a bit guilty afterwards, but usually it's worth it to save myself the frustration.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Darunia
Copyright Claimed by Nintendo
Darunia

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 21:32

It depends for me on how much I'm likely to enjoy the game until I can work out what I need to do. If I feel like it would be horribly tedious to try to keep going and never find anything, I'll probably be looking up a walkthrough rather soon. Otherwise, I'll keep playing for a while, but my capacity for frustration is limited; I'm likely to look for a guide fairly quickly.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 21:34

If there's no hints available within the game, and I've exhausted all the options available to me, plus tried a bit of my own experimentation, and I'm still not progressing, then I reckon it's acceptable to seek help on GameFAQs. Honestly, a game that NEEDS GameFAQs to progress must be lacking somewhat in game design.

Oh, and it is always okay to look up a map for collectibles. Screw collectibles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 21:47

I've never needed to, I'm just that good.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 22:19

Once any in-game help has not worked out, it's away to GameFAQs with me. My free time is too precious to spend it wandering around (and wondering around) stuck.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 22:53

In the olden-days, before the internet, I'd spend dayyyyyyyyyyyyya trying things over and over again. When an (at the time) friend was playing Zelda 2, it was probably a month of entering the area before actually finding Bagu in the forest north of Saria town.

Up until about 3 years ago, GameFAQs was only used after a day of searching; however I've found I've less time to game, and playing Oblivion / Skyrim really wore me down ("the answer was: you've tripped a glitch, go back and do it again") so now I@m much less patient. GameFAQs is one of the top links on the WiiU web browser!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 23:22

After a few useless minutes of trying everything, I hit the Internet. Lots & lots of games that I want to play, so there's no way I'm spending too much time over trying to figure something out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 0:02

Internet. I just looked up 'How do you save in Assassin's Creed 3?'.

I've got to admit, though I typically avoid guides and walkthroughs, I always consult them when it comes to Pokémon. I wasnt to know the best monsters to catch - there's no use labouring away through the game with a Rattata when you know Mankey is just around the corner. Pokémon Yellow, btw.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 0:32

Phillips wrote:
I've got to admit, though I typically avoid guides and walkthroughs, I always consult them when it comes to Pokémon. I wasnt to know the best monsters to catch - there's no use labouring away through the game with a Rattata when you know Mankey is just around the corner. Pokémon Yellow, btw.

This. I don't really want to search for hours in every area for a Pokemon with 1.3% chance to appear, I want to know where it'll appear exactly.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 0:49

Generally, I like the satisfaction of overcoming an obstacle in a game myself. However if I cannot solve it after a lot of patience I will turn to the internet. However when it comes to questions about "What is the best" I avoid looking, like in games such as dark souls or pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 2:27

Depends how many fail attempts I've had at something, or how long I can go on not knowing what I'm doing. Also, as Darunia said, it depends how in to a game I am, and if getting stuck will set me back more than I want to.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 7:42

JayMoyles wrote:
Phillips wrote:

This. I don't really want to search for hours in every area for a Pokemon with 1.3% chance to appear, I want to know where it'll appear exactly.

I always try to avoid the Internet for Pokémon games, because I want to discover the new monsters for myself. This has met with... varying levels of success in the past.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 9:18

I've never looked up anything for Pokemon and Never will..

But for anything else I usually end up at Gamefaqs after trying a few things
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 10:36

It really depends if I'm totally stumped as to what I have to do but most games these days don't have trouble telling you were to go with marked points on map, the most recent thing I was stuck at was a part on Xenoblade yesterday.........I had to defeat 5 mechon so I could push a button & complete part of a story quest what made it hard wasn't those 5 mechon though it was that each time I died it would put me back to the last landmark (as usual) & I'd have to beat more enemies just to get to the button with that I just persevered & I eventually done it after an hour of trying.

In other cases like the end boss of MDK2 I just gave up altogether as despite reading numerous tips on how to beat him I just can't do it. Hissy fit

Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody EmptySat 26 Jan 2013 - 17:08

Usually i'll just try and figure it out myself, but if i spend like a week trying i'd go find a faq. Well, either a week's trying or just when i'm tempted to take a sledgehammer to the game in question xD
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody EmptySat 26 Jan 2013 - 18:46

Well, knowing I'm not alone certainly makes me feel better about seeking help.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody EmptySat 26 Jan 2013 - 18:57

"Hello Gamefaqs-users Anonymous. My name's Stu, and... and... (oh goodness this is hard) ...and I get help from the Internet sometimes!" (rapturous applause)

Last edited by Balladeer on Sun 27 Jan 2013 - 9:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody EmptySat 26 Jan 2013 - 23:49

Stu_the_great wrote:
Well, knowing I'm not alone certainly makes me feel better about seeking help.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery Stu. Sunny
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody EmptySun 27 Jan 2013 - 19:48

Balladeer wrote:
"Hello Gamefaqs-users Anonymous. My name's Stu, and... and... (oh goodness this is hard) ...and I get help from the Internet sometimes!" (rapturous applause)

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I Need Somebody   HELP! I Need Somebody Empty

Back to top Go down

HELP! I Need Somebody
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: General Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: