We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)

Go down 
+7
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
shanks
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) Empty
PostSubject: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 18:22

Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) Mario-and-Luigi-Paper-Jam-Nintendo-E3-2015-Stream-02-1280x720

Mario RPGs combine.  Hopefully it'll be better than the previous entries in either series.  Then again, there goes another chance for a proper home console Paper Mario like TTYD.

...Sorry, not feeling in the best of moods at the moment after the Nintendo Direct.  But this was probably the second-best thing shown off.  So, yay?

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:10; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 18:24

Yeah, looked alright this! I'm a fan of both series, and it makes a lot of sense to combine them here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 18:28

Looks good, I'll most likely pick up.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 18:30

I'm so downcast I couldn't even think of a shitty subtitle. Aww! It'll pass.

WHY WASN'T THIS A WII U GAME AAAAARGH.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 18:32

Because of NX it seems.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 18:49

How so?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 18:55

Balladeer wrote:
I'm so downcast I couldn't even think of a shitty subtitle. Aww! It'll pass.

Mario and Luigi Pump up the Paper jam, pump it up. While your feet are stompin' And the Paper jam is pumpin'

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:11

You've inspired me, Jas.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:29

Space jam is acceptable. Applause
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 22:24

Guys stop being miserable! This looks ace!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 22:31

Happy about this, just hoping they leave the stickers at home!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 7:42

Interesting combo. I have thought it a bit weird to have two series out there that are so similar. Let's just make sure it takes the best bits of both series.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 9:03

I have to admit, upon seeing the image above my mind immediately went to Sticker Star and Dream Team, the worst games in the respective series. But I'm guessing there'll be no stickers and no Dream World bits, so it's an improvement on both already. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyFri 19 Jun 2015 - 13:40

Sorry for the double-post. I'm trying not to get too excited about this game, given how disappointed I was with the last game in each series, but hnnnnnnngh...
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyFri 19 Jun 2015 - 13:49

Balladeer wrote:
Sorry for the double-post.  I'm trying not to get too excited about this game, given how disappointed I was with the last game in each series, but hnnnnnnngh...

It's okay, I agree with you, I also wanted a Wii U game for Paper Mario. Hell, I just want more proper games for the Wii U in general. My 3DS has plenty to occupy it already. It does look pretty cute though. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyFri 19 Jun 2015 - 13:52

I think it's looking great at this early stage, despite my previous disappointments. The papercraft battles look so much more fun than the PoS Giant Battles in M&LDT.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyFri 26 Jun 2015 - 23:50

I'm still not excited about this Sad

It was a pleasant surprise for sure, but it feels like it's going to suffer from feature bloat like Dream Team Bros. did. Dream Team Bros was spread far too thinly over its 40 hours, and a lot of the tasks you were doing, while well designed and competent, felt like filler. Seeing the E3 demo consist of searching for seven toads hardly set my heart racing with excitement.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 11:19

Every Mario RPG has had tasks like that. It's just that the tasks were so boring in M&LDT that bothered me. The fact that there are no Dream World 2D bits (presumably) already makes this better than DT.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 16:00

True, true, I think they just need to fit in with the narrative well and they won't feel like padding. Which is apt given your mention of Dream Team Bros.' dual worlds, the game got too comfortable and settled into the most predictable of rhythms, where you'd do a normal segment, then a 2D segment, then rinse and repeat for the five main locations.

I think the main issue I have with this is it feels like it's come off an assembly line -- hard to get excited about Mario & Luigi when this is the fifth iteration, and Alphadream hasn't had any breathing room to make anything else over the last two generations.

(Tomato Adventure sequel/remake please)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyThu 15 Oct 2015 - 9:26

What's that? There aren't enough games in early December this year? https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/654570039543209984
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyThu 15 Oct 2015 - 9:49

Christmas sorted! Wonderful news! Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyThu 15 Oct 2015 - 10:47

It's a odd one as like you say Andy there is a shite ton out late Nov / early Dec that this will just get lost. Unless you are like Balla just Nintendo and then you've got Xenoblade X on the same day, been seeing tweets and agree with someone who's like the most negative fan ever but this time, I think he's right that Nintendo has brought it forward as there end year line up is pants.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyThu 15 Oct 2015 - 19:39

The end of the year for 3DS fans is not looking so bad at this point. None of the titles are top-tier stellar meganames (the shine has been taken off Triforce Heroes at this point, sadly), but it's a nice surprise to have this earlier than I thought. And you might be right, mas - but this is a good thing! Grin
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyThu 15 Oct 2015 - 22:15

I think having it in December was a good idea. Star Fox really blew a hole in Ninty's Xmas release schedule, so they needed this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) EmptyFri 16 Oct 2015 - 20:09

andyman949 wrote:
What's that? There aren't enough games in early December this year? https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/654570039543209984

The words Fuck & sake come to mind when I look at that release date. (I already have 2 games I'm buying in early December)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next