We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.

Go down 
+13
OrangeRakoon
oldschool
Jimbob
masofdas
shanks
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Athrun888
The_Jaster
Balladeer
JayMoyles
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:00

Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. Staring-Confused-Ron-Swanson

Last edited by JayMoyles on Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 23:13; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:10

Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. A7SKiqy
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:34

This might be a bit mean but I don't think this actually deserves it's own thread right now.......it actually really bugs me that it even exists at all. (The game not the thread)
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:39

On the bright side at least Ninty haven't decided to throw the franchise back in the freezer for several gens after Other M! Grin
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 20:02

The_Jaster wrote:
This might be a bit mean but I don't think this actually deserves it's own thread right now.......it actually really bugs me that it even exists at all. (The game not the thread)

I wanted to be the first to post a condescending .GIF about the game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 20:26

Fair enough! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 20:28

Honestly I preferred the OP when it was just the .gif. We all knew what it signified, and agreed.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 20:32

I dunno, I thought the trailer looked like fun to be completely honest. Then again I never even remotely enjoyed the metroid prime trilogy so I honestly couldn't care less what they do with the brand name.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 21:33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGu3Xe1uUUg

The trailer. It's quite unpopular...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 22:04

I can see the board of Nintendo now. "Let's give them a Metroid, people love Metroid games."
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 22:34

It looks fun, it's just not Metroid.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 22:42

Wow, people are so miserable! I'm sure there'll be another new Metroid in the future, so they're not hurting anyone. They're just putting out what looks like a fun multiplayer shooter for a machine that doesn't have anything like that.

Power of positivity, people!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 22:58

andyman949 wrote:
It looks fun, it's just not Metroid.

Aye.

buska wrote:
Wow, people are so miserable! I'm sure there'll be another new Metroid in the future, so they're not hurting anyone. They're just putting out what looks like a fun multiplayer shooter for a machine that doesn't have anything like that.

Power of positivity, people!

Did it really need the Metroid name though? I honestly think folk are right to get their backs up over this (are some over reacting? Yes) but considering the Other M fallout all people wanted was a proper Metroid game and this no matter how fun it may be doesn't provide that.

Also I feel much better about what Nintendo has shown at e3 now since watching a bit of the treehouse stream
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 23:14

Balladeer wrote:
Honestly I preferred the OP when it was just the .gif.  We all knew what it signified, and agreed.

Edited, just for you Balla!

The_Jaster wrote:
Did it really need the Metroid name though?

Nope. I think it's like Starfox Adventures - people were up in a tizz about that because it wasn't proper Starfox, but had it released without the Starfox name, it'd have likely been well received. Same could apply here, I guess.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 23:58

That's a spot on comparison.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 7:45

All that I wanted to say has already been said. There was no need to apply the Metroid name to this. It would have been a better move to give it to Mallo.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 9:08

Drunkalilly wrote:
Wow, people are so miserable! I'm sure there'll be another new Metroid in the future, so they're not hurting anyone.

I don't think there will be. Not on this generation, anyway. The ND was clearly about closing it down - this was their last chance to show off a Metroid. Maybe a 3DS one next year, if we're lucky.

In that respect, they'd already "hurt" us. Shoving the Metroid name onto a non-Metroid game (that I wouldn't have give two ****s about regardless) was salt in a very sensitive wound.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 9:46

I'm going to be one of the few that thinks tagging this with the Metroid name was probably the right move. True, people likely wouldn't be throwing major rage tantrums if it wasn't Metroid, but I believe it would be another Codename STEAM if it was a new unique IP and possibly flop like that did. As the old saying goes "there's no such thing as bad publicity", even if it doesn't receive the sort of reception a proper Metroid would I wouldn't be surprised if all this ruckous will result in it selling more than if it was a new ip.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 9:49

Balladeer wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:
Wow, people are so miserable! I'm sure there'll be another new Metroid in the future, so they're not hurting anyone.

I don't think there will be.  Not on this generation, anyway.  The ND was clearly about closing it down - this was their last chance to show off a Metroid.  Maybe a 3DS one next year, if we're lucky.

In that respect, they'd already "hurt" us.  Shoving the Metroid name onto a non-Metroid game (that I wouldn't have give two ****s about regardless) was salt in a very sensitive wound.

Yeah I agree with this.. There have been people waiting for the a new Metroid and all we get is a poor mans Halo (or Prime Hunters).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 10:26

Even I'm disappointed about this and I don't like Metroid from the games I've played.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 12:06

Athrun wrote:
but I believe it would be another Codename STEAM if it was a new unique IP and possibly flop like that did.

So what if MP: federation force flops as well (strong chance too considering the initial reaction to it) wouldn't that be worse for the Metroid name?

(side note: Codename STEAM is great!)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 12:32

The_Jaster wrote:

Seconded!

The People: We want a new Nintendo IP!
Nintendo: Code Name S.T.E.A.M.?
The People: Not that one!

No
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 13:12

The_Jaster wrote:
Athrun wrote:
but I believe it would be another Codename STEAM if it was a new unique IP and possibly flop like that did.

So what if MP: federation force flops as well (strong chance too considering the initial reaction to it) wouldn't that be worse for the Metroid name?

Only time will tell if it's bad for the Metroid name, Nintendo could take home the message that the people want some Samus action as much as they take home the idea that the franchise is dead.  If this was capcom I'd be concerned, but if MP:FF flops I have some faith that Nintendo will get the message that the people want actual Metroid and not sci-fi ArmcanonBall.

I should also point out I was talking purely commercially with regards to Codename Steam, not having a go at it.  It's not my thing but what I saw of it looked like a good well designed game and it certainly didn't deserve the commercial failure it got.  And I do believe that had, for example, Codename Steam been branded under a franchise such as Metroid it would have sold more than what it did.  

Just like I believe this will sell better because of its Metroid name than if it was some random sci-fi setting.  Now whether that will still be firmly in the flop area only time will tell, but I do believe it at least has more attention than it would have been given otherwise.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 14:59

It'll possibly sell better with that name attached but given that proper Metroid games don't sell that well then the outlook for this isn't that great in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 19:33

So... I have only just found out that there is actual shooting in MP:FF and it's not simply Blast Ball. Embarrassed That makes me better inclined towards the game. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. Empty

Back to top Go down

Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next