We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miiverse improvements

Go down 
+4
beemoh
Balladeer
Admin
The_Jaster
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Miiverse improvements  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 May 2014 - 16:09

There was an update this morning. Grin Finally! That simple 'innovation' has taken far too long to come to fruition.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  - Page 2 EmptyWed 4 Jun 2014 - 13:55

Anyone know how to get rid of "Yeah"s from the Activity Feed? They're spamming it up and it's really annoying.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  - Page 2 EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 11:00

More edits coming, and I don't much like the look of 'em. Activity Feeds disappearing are the biggest problem. But then, Nintendo had buggered them up already with the "only see the latest post" thingy.

I've been using it a bit more regularly since getting YWW. It's a beautifully Miiversable game due to its visuals, but I wish one could zoom in on Yoshi.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  - Page 2 EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 12:27

I don't like the sound of the play journals either but everything else seems fine to me, especially separating the art posts from the discussion ones.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  - Page 2 EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 17:39

My first thought when I read about the Play Journals was that it was a step on the path to achievements. I have an odd mind.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 0:21

I like the sound of a lot of the new improvements *on their own*, seems like they've recognised that a lot of different post types are pretty valuable on their own. I sometimes browse Miiverse communities just to find screenshots of a game that's not released here yet, for example. And things like player journals symbolise Nintendo's focus on cloud-based services as they transition to smartphones, NX and Quality of Life. Me likes

On the other hand, I don't like how the activity feed is going either -- it feels like they've slowly been segmenting everything and now you have to pick and choose a type, rather than see a timeline and get everything your friends are up to. I wonder if by "activity feed" they mean the ability to just post a single post to your friends, rather than a community? That'd be fine if so, very few Wii U friends posted direct to friends, the majority of posts I see are from people posting to communities.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 6:36

fronk wrote:
I wonder if by "activity feed" they mean the ability to just post a single post to your friends, rather than a community? That'd be fine if so, very few Wii U friends posted direct to friends, the majority of posts I see are from people posting to communities.

Good point and I really hope it means that, even though I don't post a whole lot I still check miiverse to see what people on my friends list are up to/playing.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 23:47

Hmm one step forward another step back it seems, the play journals sound really cool in my opinion but the posting restrictions seem rather silly once again and I'm gonna miss the proper news feed, I'd like the old fashioned one it launched with truth be told.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  - Page 2 EmptySat 4 Jul 2015 - 23:20

This is not a Miiverse improvement, but apparently calling someone a "filthy casual" is tantamount to "abusive or harmful content". Who knew?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miiverse improvements    Miiverse improvements  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miiverse improvements
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2