We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I would back that for a dollar

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

I would back that for a dollar  Empty
PostSubject: I would back that for a dollar    I would back that for a dollar  EmptySat 18 Jul 2015 - 11:48

I like a good kickstarter and have backed one or two things on there including the most successful game ever on there Shenmue III, anyway looking at some of top funded games which looks like this

1. Shenmue III, Sequel to Cult Classic from Yu Suzuki
2. Bloodstained, Spiritual Successor to Castlevania SOTN from Koji Igarashi
3. Project Eternity, Spiritual Successor to Baldur’s Gate from Obsidian
4. Mighty No. 9, Spiritual Successor to Mega Man from Keiji Inafune
5. Yooka-Laylee, Spiritual Successor to Banjo-Kazooie from former Rare Employees

That's just to name a few there's other like Broken Age as well which also has the nostalgia factor and that does seem to be one the big things, nearly all the highly backed games have some sort of connection to a game before it. I'm not saying every game as Star Citizen was highly successful.

Which got me thinking what games could we get a sequel or spiritual successor to, I can't think much left there's of course Kojima who could go independent and get fans of his to back. The only one I really want is Beyond Good & Evil 2 which Ubisoft should just fund there selves.

What do guys think is there anything left to make a comeback that you would pledge to.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: I would back that for a dollar    I would back that for a dollar  EmptySat 18 Jul 2015 - 11:51

A proper follow-up to Secret Of Mana would be nice. The SNES original was a bright, beautiful and brilliant action RPG and its sequels just got progressively worse. I sort of liked Sword Of Mana, but Children Of Mana was dire. Sort it aht!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I would back that for a dollar    I would back that for a dollar  EmptySat 18 Jul 2015 - 14:41

Isn't Secret of Evermore fairly decent though.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I would back that for a dollar    I would back that for a dollar  EmptySat 18 Jul 2015 - 15:34

Ogre Battle 64 - although this has already been successfully Kickstarted and is being made by the man behind FF Tactics, Vagrant Story, and Ogre Battle.

Otherwise I'd like to see an attempt at a semi-3-D platformer akin to classic Crash games, provided the final product was reasonably priced.

My wet dream would be a spiritual successor to F-Zero GX. However, I have no confidence in anyone but an experienced studio being able to create a game close to the quality of the F-Zero series and still tell myself Nintendo have another in the works so I can sleep at night. Boo-hoo

Last edited by Muss on Sun 19 Jul 2015 - 12:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I would back that for a dollar    I would back that for a dollar  EmptySun 19 Jul 2015 - 9:27

It's odd - a spiritual successor has to be based on a game I originally enjoyed, where the franchise has then been discontinued or mucked up beyond all recognition, and preferably where several members of the development teams have left and can get on Kickstarter to make another one.

F-Zero's a good shout, but I don't know whether the members are there. The only other one I can think of is a Metroid Prime spiritual successor done by those bods doing ReCore, but that probably wouldn't be a Kickstarter because they're all triple-A now.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I would back that for a dollar    I would back that for a dollar  EmptySun 19 Jul 2015 - 17:46

Yeah M$ are paying the big bucks for that, also from the Shenmue Community there wondering what could top it not just the next thing to make a comeback.

Kojima project seems to be the one that pops up along with a new Panzer Dragoon SAGA (it is SEGA fans on the Shenmue community).
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: I would back that for a dollar    I would back that for a dollar  EmptySun 19 Jul 2015 - 23:41

Timesplitters 4.

I fear FPSs have change too much now though due to Halo, CoD and Battlefield. But I want a new Timesplitters game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I would back that for a dollar    I would back that for a dollar  EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 6:37

What ever happened to Rewind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I would back that for a dollar    I would back that for a dollar  Empty

Back to top Go down

I would back that for a dollar
Page 1 of 1