Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread

Go down 
+10
Jimbob
Muss
gjones
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
masofdas
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Balladeer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 3 Jan 2017 - 20:43

Peaked too early, nobody will remember it next year. Winky Face

Nah, that is a cracker indeed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 22:14

Who remembers this incredible thread and original post by The Cappuccino Kid?

Also thanks to anyone who's thought anything I've written is worthy of being put on here.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 Jan 2017 - 21:07

You really need the context for this one, but Jay had me rolling in the aisles.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 19:57

At this point, a Jimbob belter surprises no-one. Had to stop myself laughing because it would have taken too long to explain to the people around me. Embarrassed

There's also Jay hitting this home run.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 22:20

The Drunk Man left this as a warning to us all.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017 - 7:41

Recalled too late for this year's awards, posted too early for next's - but I've just made the picture in this post my 'phone background, so adorable is it. Love
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Feb 2017 - 22:09

I don't often lurk about in old threads, but I found myself in the 2013 Forum Awards on the way to work this morning and I was creased when I saw this:

The Christ wrote:
Sylveon wrote:
Did you all forget how fabulous! I am.
THOU SHALT FUCK OFF, THEE FUCKING FAIRY! NOBODY HERE VOTES FOR FAIRIES.
S
orry, sorry, that wasn't me, that was my father. Leviticus and all that...

"THOU SHALT FUCK OFF" actually had me really struggling to hold in my laughter on the busy train. Just about pished myself! Maybe it's because I was reading it in Jesus' voice.

That thread is full of the parody accounts most of us had at the start of GNamer. My all-time fondest memory of this whole place was that random weekday afternoon where loads of us happened to be logged on and where we just launching all sorts of slaggings at one another through Heron accounts.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 22:11

I laughed.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 23:17

Back on Cappa's post - there were some cracking alternate accounts going for a while. I'd be open to a revival of sorts for them, purely to overshadow the Hopkins.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017 - 20:46

This lovely little finish (?) from The Balls Man. This cultured player's reputation is well-deserved. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 21 Feb 2017 - 20:50

Cheers sir, that's the first post of mine in here! Grin We've all got to start somewhere, right?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 19:38

Mr. Summerhayes, the floor is yours.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 20:18

I thought it was a grand thread in total. Thumbs Up! to another one of the big men.

I was flicking back through old threads and recalled this. Cappa's post properly had me laughing; Jimbob's also deserves a mention for making my skin crawl.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 20:23

I actually thought "Jesus, Jimmers" reading that post back, then I read my post right afterwards. Laughing

I've hardly changed.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 21:27

Balla achieved this in the Switchin and Moanin thread. Good show, old chum. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Mar 2017 - 19:56

Drunken gold. Needs the context though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 1 Apr 2017 - 12:00

This one from Muss in the "your actual top 10 games etc" thread.

Muss wrote:
Thumbs Up!  To Jaster, there is a dark beauty to seemingly nihilistic worlds and the struggles within them.

I like thematically fatalistic fiction because such works often engage honestly with real world issues, while adding believable characters within a given setting and a sense of suspense at every obstacle because fleeting happiness, or a character striving for something good, can be taken away at a moments notice without the universe giving a toss.

I tend not to care too much whether everything works out or goes horribly wrong for a given character/universe in the end, although a balance is oftentimes more fitting, what matters more to me is the overall journey. Moments of triumph, crushing defeats or phyric victories within a compelling setting over the course of an appropriate amount of hours makes the narrative believable and relatable, a reflection upon reality.

Many lambast Telltale Games for providing 'superficial' choices only, but through their well written dialogue I become immersed with the character I control, the actions chosen a seamless fusion of character and player. I love those games because they aren't about changing the world, they're about doing what you can in a Universe that isn't even aware you exist.

I wasn't a huge fan of Majora's Mask, but it is thematically fascinating, with mechanics perfectly intertwined with the overall narrative. Being able to rewind time basically makes Link a demi-god, a mini Superman if you will. But like Supes, it's not about saving everyone, it's about making choices for good or for ill and having to live with those choices.

I do sometimes like having my cake and eating it. I will fight a man who mocks any of Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventures, but when it comes to the whole 'I should have the option of making everything work out' logic, no. I play video games for escapism too, but that's no justification for a perfect ending all the time, and there are plenty of games where everything works out perfectly.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 1 Apr 2017 - 12:04

That's certainly a good swan song for longer posts. I'm sure we'll get plenty of great #posts at @GNamerForum!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 2 Apr 2017 - 15:37

It's a good post, albeit it couldn't be further from my own views.  Actually I think BotW does post-apocalyptic as well as a game can for me: faeces have descended in a major world-ending character-murdering way, but that was 100 years ago, and the stage is set to make what can be made right, right.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 1:42

This from The Muss-leman, and the sweetly played response from mas directly underneath. Good work, fellow fellows!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Apr 2017 - 19:50

The sequence of four posts starting here. I did say four, I know that's being Drunka levels of cheeky but given Smurfy's response I hope I can get away with it. Besides, I'd never have thought it up without the three posts before it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Apr 2017 - 21:47

Excuse me, I've never put my own posts in here!
That was an excellent example of what we can achieve working together, though, like the Phoenix Write routine a while back.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Apr 2017 - 22:07

Aye, I actually meant to say how well everyone played that but it goes down as a Jimbob classic for me. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue 2 May 2017 - 21:59

A Drunk Man played a game. Of sorts.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon 8 May 2017 - 21:38

I would never have appreciated the tremendously happy borderline mad music of Tri-Force Heroes, were it not for the Jonester. I advise you all to check it out if you haven't played it, which I'm guessing is most of you. Guaranteed to make you smile, especially the start of number 1. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread   The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The GNamer Posts Appreciation Thread
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next