We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crushing Disappointment

Go down 
+6
Muss
Balladeer
Jimbob
gjones
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Crushing Disappointment - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crushing Disappointment   Crushing Disappointment - Page 3 EmptyThu 20 Apr 2017 - 19:47

gjones wrote:
A real F1 World Grand Prix of a game.

Genuinely laughed out loud at that. Superb. Thumbs Up!

Off-topic, but Day of Reckoning 2 is better than any WWE game that's been released in the twelve years since. And about RVD: that ties in with another criticism I had of WWE WM X8 on the GameCube when I got it. It was aaaaaaaages out of date. Wikipedia says that North America got it at the start of June, whereas us folk in the UK got it at the end of September. If I know my fifteen-year-old WWE history, I think the NWO, Stone Cold, RVD and loads of others were on their arses by then.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Crushing Disappointment   Crushing Disappointment - Page 3 EmptyWed 16 Aug 2017 - 23:10

Crushing Disappointment - Page 3 Mad-World-Wallpaper

This had such massive potential. It had the style and it had the ambition. But it just didn't hit the peaks.

The hype was that it was going to be the 'most violent video game ever'. That claim was made even more exciting by it's exlusivity to the Wii, which only had one other violent video game, which was Big Beach Sports. I think it definitely delivered on that violence; if you've played MadWorld, you'll know that its brutal, wicked and hilariously over-the-top. On Wii, it was really refreshing to have something with MadWorld's tone to be custom-made for the system. It looked so promising, and NGamer wet themselves over it, giving it something like 797% in their review.

I just didn't think that it was all that good. It was the gameplay itself that really held MadWorld back, at least in my opinion. Hack n' Slashes can do a lot of fun things - and MadWorld had some smart ideas - but I felt that the fighting here lacked any substance. I just did the same thing over and over, and that was that. I sussed out MadWorld very quickly, unlike Bayonetta, Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden II. There wasn't very to see or do in MadWorld - it had one trick, and you can see it by just looking at that picture up above. That's your whack with MadWorld. Nothing changed throughout the time it lasted, except for the difficulty - well too easy in places, then it would just boot your arse whenever it felt like it.

MadWorld wasn't awful or anything, but Crushing Disappointment is a fair description. Should have been great; wasnae.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Crushing Disappointment   Crushing Disappointment - Page 3 EmptyThu 17 Aug 2017 - 21:55

Agree with everything you said about MadWorld. I gave it a shot last year and it's definitely style over substance. Reminded me of Killer7 on the Gamecube, which I appreciated but had zero fun playing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crushing Disappointment   Crushing Disappointment - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crushing Disappointment
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: General Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: