We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)

Go down 
+12
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Muss
Treesmurf
shanks
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
Athrun888
masofdas
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 5:43

Yeah they have upped the "price" of things with the mobile version, great balls for example are 1000 coins more then the 3ds version and the heart thing I think is for all special Pokemon
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015 - 9:48

Remember that Pokemon Go will have the optional pokeball wristband/notifier, that will work with your phone. Obviously that will provide another source of income, making in-game purchases less of a necessity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 11:13

I don't know if you guys seen with all the direct hype, but the talk on Go which should of taken place at GDC has been canceled also I heard the team behind it want more money as well to complete the game.

I'm a little worried about this now and when we may see it.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 22:49

They canceled because they are focusing on finishing the game, and from Memory there is going to be a beta test in Japan soon with the rest of the world later on. It'll still happen but later on then usual I'm thinking
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 23:03

Your right shanks there is BETA in Japan, end of the month.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2016 - 7:57

Well this sounds not a little ominous.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2016 - 8:42

Did anyone expect this to be even remotely worth looking at to begin with though? I didn't, main series exists for monster catching, free sims exist for raw strategic battles. Between the two this was always going to be a super lame thing in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2016 - 20:49

Well no, not personally. I'm not even sure whether I want a free-to-play mobile game to succeed for Nintendo/The Pokémon Company, in case it sets a bad precedent. I know that others wanted to "play Pokémon" with their non-3DS-owning friends, though.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Apr 2016 - 16:39

It could be absolute garbage and the hype and novelty alone will still see it getting loads of downloads, I've heard plenty of non current Pokemon players banging on about this like it'll be something special, I don't see it myself.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Apr 2016 - 16:42

If it gets non-current Pokémon-players, like Drunkalilly's co-workers, into proper Pokémon and other Nintendo stuff, then that is the only benefit I see from this game. Apart from bulking up Nintendo's coffers from the impatient, but this isn't a method of gaining cash I'm terribly keen on.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Apr 2016 - 16:45

Me neither but it's only the weak minded that would waste their money on mobile games anyway so it's more like some form of financial natural selection.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptySat 2 Apr 2016 - 23:02

When it comes out, nearly all of ASDA will be playing it. I am surprised it's not good as there landmark game is meant to be decent.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Jul 2016 - 11:25

To make a variant on the thread's title: Pokémon Go! (Into Police Territory to Catch a Sandshrew)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Jul 2016 - 11:30

I'm in town at the moment and it's rather cool but yet to battle anyone or anything.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Jul 2016 - 18:39

Have not followed this at all, but I'll download it when it's easy to nab from the android store. Looking forward to giving it a test drive and its inevitable popularity during the early weeks before, probably, I cease to care about it.

It has got a lot of people who loved pokemon but don't care about the DS interested in the franchise again which is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Jul 2016 - 18:48

That it has done, it's actually being talked about on Facebook quite a lot among people who wouldn't necessarily own a Nintendo console. But selfish though this may seem, that's only any good (for me, not for them, great for them) if it actually acts like the gateway drug we're hoping for and makes them pick up a Nintendo console.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Jul 2016 - 19:08

It absolutely will not do that.

I was excited about Pokémon Go because I thought it would be a nice way to have a team of Pokémon on me at all times which I could trade and battle with my friends- like it was when we were kids and all had Game Boys. I was into the whole augmented reality thing and thought it would be good fun, but the battling and training seems so over-simplified I don't think it will give me the feeling I'm after. Might be a laugh for a bit, though.

This is all assuming I can get it working on my phone, which doesn't seem to have working GPS without a phone contract.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Jul 2016 - 19:45

Well no, I imagine they want to keep it simple for the people who will dip in and out, and then those who want the extra strategy can go to the real games. Because I think Nintendo/the Pokémon Company probably hope the same thing as me.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Jul 2016 - 21:59

Had a couple of days with it now and I don't see it gripping me but I'll give it some attention till I've seen everything it has to offer, just reached level 5 so I think I can start with battling now but it's got some serious work to do if it's going to make it worth the lost battery life.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptyThu 7 Jul 2016 - 22:04

It certainly does kill your battery.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Jul 2016 - 14:59

I'll give it a go ( No ) when it's officially out over here but it's got to be right. It's already broken into the news, too!

Girl finds dead body on Pokémon hunt

Don't hunt Pokémon in a police station

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Jul 2016 - 9:24

ZeroJones wrote:
Girl finds dead body on Pokémon
Just checking the facts here...
Is that a Ghost type?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Jul 2016 - 9:30

Shayla Wiggins wrote:
The Pokémons are all over Riverton.

Shayla Wiggins wrote:
The Pokémons

Duh!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Jul 2016 - 16:47

So the actual battling isn't Pokemon it's a bit of a tapathon with a side of dodging. Not overly keen on it but still wanna carry on so I can "catch em all".
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Jul 2016 - 13:29

Took two gyms today, and I lost one of them almost right away as a group of people were in the park playing it. I do have a lot of thoughts on the game which may go up on Gintendo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)   Pokémon Go!  (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Go! (Into Private Territory to Catch a Snorlax)
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next