Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima

Go down 
+5
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
masofdas
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 10:11

Balladeer wrote:
Hope we're going to start this soon! Grin One question: are we assuming that we need to carry the company on a course that makes it profitable, or do we have theoretically infinite (so long as it's reasonable) budget and time available, or somewhere in between?  I'd assume more of the latter, because not all of us have economics/business management experience.  

You have what ever that company has in the terms of money and resources to take them in any direction you want along with time etc

I'm hearing Jay would have said Capcom.

I will give it tonight to around 8pm tonight to see if anyone else want's to play, then I will draw your company.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 11:04

...this is going to turn into an economics project, isn't it. I think I'll be giving three answers: one that's an attempt at a feasible business plan (that still does stuff I want), one that assumes I get a big fat interest-free loan to do some stuff with, and one that's verging on wildest dreams material.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 12:27

I will answer in my usual style.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 13:41

Wouldn't expect anything else.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 20:17

Companies drawn out and MP to all of you, now have fun

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 22 May 2016 - 21:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 21:37

I know who I've got! Damn. Do we post our ideas at any point from now on?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 21:48

Yeah now you can do what you want
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 22:42

I'll have to draft up my ideas, but I've plenty. Should be interesting!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 May 2016 - 19:34

Alright, let's do this thing.

I got...:

Looking forward to seeing what other people come up with! And hopefully I'll be allowed to weigh in myself on the other companies, any of which (bar Midway) I'm likely to know more about.

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 23 May 2016 - 22:00; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Quick edit: forgot something!)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 May 2016 - 21:28

I forgot EA owned Bioware and consequently Mass Effect and Dragon Age. Whilst I don't agree with your ideas for Dragon Age (I like having choices in games, as we've probably discussed before) you'd certainly take EA into a far more interesting route than they're currently on.

Still drafting up my thoughts - I've a lot to say about my company!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptyMon 23 May 2016 - 21:46

That's what ME's for, you filthy choice-lovers you. Tongue Also I put in a quick bit about new IPs - would be stupid not to use some of that cash pile on something vaguely risk-taking.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 May 2016 - 17:07

I'd get behind the idea of more arcadey sports games, but you've missed a spectacular opportunity to bring back Beetle Adventure Racing, and for that you should be sacked.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 May 2016 - 17:43

Balladeer wrote:
Solaire in Madden might be fun.

Oh my GOD, Balla, shut up about Dark Souls! You didn't even get From. Winky Face

I'll write mine up before I say too much about anyone else's.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 May 2016 - 17:45

Excellent stuff Balla, also you came up with a idea which was sort of done
I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 Jade-Empire

I'm yet to start mine as I'm not sure the direction to take them
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 May 2016 - 18:03

I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 150px-Rare_logo

Rare was founded in 1985 by the Stamper Brothers. It produced games as a third party before being bought by Nintendo, where it produced cracking platformers, racers and shooters for the SNES and N64.

In 2002, Rare was purchased by Microsoft to work on games for Xbox. Despite bringing much needed variety and innovation to the Xbox library, as time went on people began to doubt Rare still held that magic from the Nintendo days. Working behind the scenes for a while on things like Kinect and Avatars, they seemed like a forgotten hero from another time..

Then Rare Replay was released, a glorious celebration of the company's past, and Sea of Thieves was announced. Was the old Rare making a comeback? It certainly seemed that way when visionary creative, business powerhouse, sex icon, muscular wrestler and world Excite Truck Champion of the World Master Cheese Pepperoni Officer 420 Luke Jonathan "Buska "Drunkalilly" Lilly" James Summerhayes was announced as CEO, COO and Elder God.

Luke Good afternoon ladies and gentleman, welcome to the first general staff meeting here at Rare under my leadership. I want you to know that this is an open discussion, so if you have any questions or ideas, I'm happy to hear them.

Employee I actually had some pitches I wanted to show you?

Luke I was obviously just saying that to be polite. My word is immutable law, and if any of you challenge me I will put you through a table.

My first act as president, king, god-emperor and overlord of Rare was to obtain a number of compromising pictures of Phil Spencer, to ensure my other ideas can come to fruition without Microsoft "doing a Lionhead."

Employee Oh, thank god. Closes window in which she was writing a resumé.

Luke Secondly, I'mma let y'all finish Sea of Thieves, because that seems pretty good.
After that, we are going to crack on with producing rich, full-price, retail, single-player games. First will be a proper Banjo Threeie, a bit like Yooka-Laylee but with ridonculous money behind it and amazing graphics.

After that, we're going to get the band back together who made Diddy Kong Racing and get them to produce an amazing, high-def, super fast Kart Racer. It'll probably have Banjo and the Battletoads in it, and some Pinatas, and I'll talk to Microsoft about getting some other characters in there like Master Chief.

Speaking of Master Chief, I've been working on a deal with the Microsoft Boys. After those games, we're taking control of Halo 6. I like what the 343 boys are doing with story, but the campaigns have been getting very linear, very COD. We're gonna get stuck in there and give Halo back some of that silliness and open playfullness that made the originals great.

By the time Halo 6 is out the door, Nintendo will have pushed out the NX and become the richest technology company on Earth. They're gonna buy us back at that point, and I've got some big ideas. More on that later.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 May 2016 - 18:12

Two of you have already exposed how little I know about EA/'Ware.  Beetle Adventure Racing's DNA will definitely make a reappearance - the adventure game-cum-racing template is too good not to get another airing.  Jade Empire could be a good starting point, however I feel that the Dragon Age moniker has more clout in this day and age.  Plus any heroine is going to be a bit more covered up than that thank you.

And that's a thing: the new IP will start a disabled black woman of non-traditional beauty.  Probably with a thoroughly badass wheelchair or something.  She beats up people who say things like "OMG the SJWs are taking over everything" and similar.

And while I did that, Drunka wrote up his post.  Good stuff... albeit all on a console I can't play at the moment. Aww! Even when I'm God-King of EA, I'll still only have a Nintendo console, out of sheer pig-headedness.  (I'd feel for Yooka-Laylee though, and I reckon the soundtrack will still be better than anything now!Rare could produce because David Wise.)

I didn't get From.  I wish I'd got From. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 May 2016 - 19:12

I'm running :
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 May 2016 - 19:55

masofdas wrote:
...and for the very first time a Souls game making its Nintendo debut on the NX.

DAMN RIGHT!

masofdas wrote:
We plan to do what Nintendon’t and bring the nearest thing to Pokemon to a console exclusively to the NX with Digimon World: Next Order HD...

SOLD!

masofdas wrote:
...but no need to worry RPG fans on PlayStation as the Sword Art: Online series along with Tales of will remain exclusive to PlayStation.

FAIR ENOUGH!

masofdas wrote:
Baten Kaitos IP will be given to Nintendo, as were never going to use it again and inreturn Monolith Soft will make an Episode 4 of Xenosaga...

NOT A GOOD TRADE!! UNLESS XENOSAGA COMES TO THE NX NATCH!!!

masofdas wrote:
SoulCalibur is coming back and will be available on PS4, Xbox One and NX with each version having special guest character’s. The PS4 will get Kratos & Nariko, Xbox One will get Arbiter & Cortana, and the NX version will have Link & Linkle.

'BOUT TIME!!!!!

Also surely not Linkle, her weapons are bows? Span two franchises I say: Shulk, or Pit perhaps, just nobody from Fire Emblem. No

GOOD STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 May 2016 - 20:01

Digimon World: Next Order will still be on VITA as well but not in glorious 1080p 60fps like the NX version which will be the only way to play the game on a TV.

Xenosaga Collection and Episode 4 will come to PS4 and NX.

I was trying to think of a female character which can fight for the NX version which will now be Lucina instead of Linkle.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 May 2016 - 23:46

Why Rare hasn't been tasked with developing a Microsoft-exclusive kart racer to rival Mario Kart has always been a bit of a mystery to me. It's clear that Rare have the pedigree. Diddy Kong Racing is still so revered, even twenty years after it came out. For them to develop "an amazing, high-def (and) super fast" version of it makes a lot of sense. Everybody likes Diddy Kong Racing, and kart racers are never going to go out of style.

Imagine releasing a new Klonoa on iOS and Android. You dirty bastard.

My spiel has been typed, but I'll save it until the conversation dies down a bit. There's more to be said with what's already been posted today.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptyTue 24 May 2016 - 23:51

Agreed - I nearly posted mine, but it's late and I'm cranky and What You Said.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 May 2016 - 7:04

Balladeer wrote:
Alright, let's do this thing.

I got...:

Spoiler:

In regards to all the annual sports games, I've felt for a long time that EA should release one game per system and then have said annual updates - squads, shirts, stats, etc. - as DLC for a fiver (or so). If they went down the DLC route, they could also have soundtrack updates or comedy teams or whatever they wanted, really.

Drunkalilly wrote:

Luke Secondly, I'mma let y'all finish Sea of Thieves, because that seems pretty good.
After that, we are going to crack on with producing rich, full-price, retail, single-player games. First will be a proper Banjo Threeie, a bit like Yooka-Laylee but with ridonculous money behind it and amazing graphics.

After that, we're going to get the band back together who made Diddy Kong Racing and get them to produce an amazing, high-def, super fast Kart Racer. It'll probably have Banjo and the Battletoads in it, and some Pinatas, and I'll talk to Microsoft about getting some other characters in there like Master Chief.

Banjo-Threeie! If Yooka-Laylee takes off I can imagine some humble Rare employee knocking on a Microsoft exec's office door, cap in hand, like Oliver Twist, and asking if they can do some more. I'll leave to your imagination what the exec says in response.

masofdas wrote:
I'm running :

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 May 2016 - 8:12

Ronaldo and Messi start as Lv. 0 and Lv. -3 respectively.  Who are they again?

And that is a very good idea regarding sports games.  BalladEA will be acquiring your company forthwith.

Definitely give us some Katamari, Mandai Damco.

ZeroJones wrote:
Banjo-Threeie! If Yooka-Laylee takes off I can imagine some humble Rare employee knocking on a Microsoft exec's office door, cap in hand, like Oliver Twist, and asking if they can do some more. I'll leave to your imagination what the exec says in response.

I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 Giphy
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 May 2016 - 11:21

Katamari will not be coming to Nintendo platforms, we just plan to have more of these experimental games which will come to PS4, Xbox One and NX in the future.

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 May 2016 - 22:57

According to my MP, My in charge of:
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next