We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima

Go down 
+5
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
masofdas
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 May 2016 - 8:09

Funny man. Tongue While I'd love a new Metroid Prime, I'd also love to see Retro's exploration-talents aimed towards Ice Climbers, or Mother, or really any franchise that won't end up as a 2D platformer. For all that David Wise's music is great and stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 3 EmptyFri 27 May 2016 - 8:17

The rumour is that Retro Studios ( Winky Face ) are working on a new IP. That sounds good to me - something action-y would be great. As for your suggestions as to what to revive: both wicked. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 3 EmptyTue 31 May 2016 - 8:35

I got...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 3 EmptyTue 31 May 2016 - 9:13

Jimbob is in the running of forumite the year after finding out he dislikes Metroid Prime. I heard Retro are doing Diddy Kong Racing 2 can you enlighten us Jim?

@Zero you monster no Dark Cloud 3
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 3 EmptyTue 31 May 2016 - 19:24

I can't imagine a better person to get this company.  Fine with all your suggestions!  "A gentleman thief in a true steampunk setting" in particular sounds grand.

Had it been me, I'd have ensured that we got NX Inazuma XI and NNK games, made some gameplay tweaks to future YKW games, and started a new series of Professor Layton games with a new hero, and as few of the puzzles plot-irrelevant as possible.  Maybe some in grander scope, à la The Witness, that aren't shut inside the "Puzzle Number n" screen.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 3 EmptyTue 31 May 2016 - 23:03

masofdas wrote:
Jimbob is in the running of forumite the year after finding out he dislikes Metroid Prime. I heard Retro are doing Diddy Kong Racing 2 can you enlighten us Jim?
Diddy Kong Racing 2 takes place entirely at the abandoned A12 Karting venue in Witham. The characters are: Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Pipsy the Mouse, Raj the racist Elephant (original voice), Shadow the Hedgehog, Awesome Possum, Jedward, Katie Price, Alex from Action Grrrrlz Racing, a turd with lolly sticks for limbs*, Ice-Cream Van Shrek, Giles and Mary from Gogglebox.

*Oh wait, that's Ty the Tasmanian Tiger (THIS IS A REFERENCE TO THE BEST GAMING MAGAZINE)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 3 EmptyWed 1 Jun 2016 - 20:00

Balladeer wrote:
Had it been me, I'd have ensured that we got NX Inazuma XI and NNK games, made some gameplay tweaks to future YKW games, and started a new series of Professor Layton games with a new hero, and as few of the puzzles plot-irrelevant as possible.  Maybe some in grander scope, à la The Witness, that aren't shut inside the "Puzzle Number n" screen.

All grand ideas, sir! I can offer you the role of Vice President - if the Presidency of EA doesn't take up too much of your time. Winky Face I decided against new Inazuma and PL games - as much as I personally would want them! - because they both seem over as franchises (although Layton Brothers: Mystery Room is not the best note to end it on). An NX NNK is an absolute shout.

I also forgot to mention getting Dragon Quest IX onto the VC a couple of months after Dragon Quest VIII is released on the 3DS, with all the DLC unlocked. Duh!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 3 EmptyWed 1 Jun 2016 - 20:18

See, I think Layton's story is over, but that the world in which Layton lives could come back for more.  Give the puzzles more scope, more developed characters, but keep the sense of whimsy (and the focus on puzzles).  And the accordion music. I know little about Inazuma I will confess.

But you're the boss!  Albeit the hypothetical boss.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 3 EmptySun 12 Jun 2016 - 19:31

Since it's almost time for E3, it'd be good to get all of these out of the way before the showings - that way we can see how our hypothetical ideal futures compare to what the companies have actually done (apart from Midway I suppose). I believe that Mr. Kid's yet to speak his mind, and we're still waiting for Drunka's Rare pt. 2 - anyone else?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 3 EmptySun 12 Jun 2016 - 19:33

Jay with his, is still to come but also it might be funny on what they do after E3 stuff though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima    I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm large and in charge, now move over House, Spencer, Kimishima
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3