We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ever Oasis (Don't Look Back In Sand-Ger)

Go down 
+4
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
masofdas
Balladeer
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Ever Oasis (Don't Look Back In Sand-Ger) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ever Oasis (Don't Look Back In Sand-Ger)   Ever Oasis (Don't Look Back In Sand-Ger) - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Jul 2017 - 20:15

Absolutely agreed. It's one of the most charming games I've ever played, and the counts for a lot. Smile I really do think it's destined to be a missed gem, like SMT#FE or... well, LKS.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through the game, perhaps. They do some interesting things with the otherwise banal sandy overworld, and that's all I'll say for now.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Ever Oasis (Don't Look Back In Sand-Ger)   Ever Oasis (Don't Look Back In Sand-Ger) - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Jul 2017 - 21:09

Balladeer wrote:
They do some interesting things with the otherwise banal sandy overworld, and that's all I'll say for now.

That's something I've been thinking about: a desert in an RPG is a place to go through, never a place to be. Thanks for letting me know. Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ever Oasis (Don't Look Back In Sand-Ger)   Ever Oasis (Don't Look Back In Sand-Ger) - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Jul 2017 - 22:11

I mean, not super interesting, it's just not more of the same yellow sand. After that one JRPG incident, I'm wary about getting your hopes up. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Ever Oasis (Don't Look Back In Sand-Ger)   Ever Oasis (Don't Look Back In Sand-Ger) - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Jul 2017 - 22:29

Balladeer wrote:
Absolutely agreed.  It's one of the most charming games I've ever played, and the counts for a lot. Smile I really do think it's destined to be a missed gem, like SMT#FE or... well, LKS.

I feel guilty for not picking this up. It does look adorable and the LKS comparisons are like catnip to me. But I'm not sure I do want to be digging out my 3DS at the moment, as I already have a backlog of games. This is irrational and hypocritical given I just got Splatoon 2. I'm basically the reason the Nintendo 2nd party exclusives are dying out.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Ever Oasis (Don't Look Back In Sand-Ger)   Ever Oasis (Don't Look Back In Sand-Ger) - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Jul 2017 - 11:51

Jimbob wrote:
I'm basically the reason the Nintendo 2nd party exclusives are dying out.

I feel like you're taking a disproportionate amount of the blame there, Jim.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ever Oasis (Don't Look Back In Sand-Ger)   Ever Oasis (Don't Look Back In Sand-Ger) - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Jul 2017 - 19:43

Everyone having the right to buy the games they like and not being wrong for doing so aside, I'm torn on this.  On the one hand, my antipathy to Ninty's support for the 3DS is well know*: the sooner it dies, the sooner they can stop pretending the Switch is a 'home console that can be taken on the go', and the sooner they can start treating as the proper hybrid, resulting in e.g. Ace Attorney and Layton on Switch.  On the other... EO is really sweet and it's a new franchise and those are both things that are good to support.  

Basically I wish this were a Switch game, but because it isn't, I'd love it if some more people picked it up.

* This wasn't intentional but it's staying that way now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ever Oasis (Don't Look Back In Sand-Ger)   Ever Oasis (Don't Look Back In Sand-Ger) - Page 2 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2017 - 13:39

DoPo, oh no:

Endgame spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever Oasis (Don't Look Back In Sand-Ger)   Ever Oasis (Don't Look Back In Sand-Ger) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ever Oasis (Don't Look Back In Sand-Ger)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2