We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Genre Burnout and I need more of that

Go down 
+8
Athrun888
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
masofdas
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Genre Burnout and I need more of that - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genre Burnout and I need more of that   Genre Burnout and I need more of that - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Jul 2016 - 23:01

Yeah PC and Nintendo is a good setup but you do miss a lot of Japaneses games which I know Zero would like and working Batman.

I've said before to Balla and Zero about the big boxes of power, there are / will be games they would like on them more so on PS4 due to the likes of Persona 5 coming from Japan but not go out a get one right now this second but maybe when the PS5 is announced or something, then pick up one cheap as more of curiosity / impulse. You could be ohh look a OG PS4 for £80 and Persona 5 is only a tenner, why the hell not sort of thing.

I do some times jest a bit more then that but that's what I really mean about them and getting the likes of a PS4.

On Jas and FFXV that has real time combat also pick it up as it needs to sell 10,000,000 SKU's to break even, that might be worth picking up lads or maybe a PS4 some of you for it.

I think we will still see FFXVI even if FFXV doesn't do 10m+, and Zero you were 16 when the PS1 came out that it could have been a option but then the N64 was rather viable unlike the Saturn as a system to own.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Genre Burnout and I need more of that   Genre Burnout and I need more of that - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Jul 2016 - 23:32

For the record, m'Lud, my brother bought a PS1 whilst I was living at my Mum and Dad's. He was well into FF7 but I preferred SFA2 and the two Spider-Man games, particularly the first one, which was my favourite superhero game until Arkham City.

As for things I want more of... I'll back up our Athers with his suggesch of high quality superhero games. The genre has exploded in film - let's see the same thing happen in the gaming world. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Genre Burnout and I need more of that   Genre Burnout and I need more of that - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Jul 2016 - 18:59

Marvel from how the main guy behind their gaming scene seems to wants to do the games like the films and get people who want to do it and talent to do it like Insomniac with Spider-Man.

Only issue, I could see with that is, it's an exclusive now could Iron Man be Xbox Only and Captain America NX only for instance or if Spider-Man does well, Marvel continues partnering with Sony.

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Genre Burnout and I need more of that   Genre Burnout and I need more of that - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Jul 2016 - 1:23

I'm a bit burnt out on free roam games, they became huge ever since GTA but sometimes I feel like the free roam part is added just for the sake of it and you end up with giant world with very little to it but plenty of pointless travelling with little to see. With so many games to play it's hard these days to give all these open world games the time they deserve and with so many colectibles it can be exhausting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Genre Burnout and I need more of that   Genre Burnout and I need more of that - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Jul 2016 - 16:36

All videogames are pish, I'm sick of them. Go outside and get some sun, you pasty weirdos.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Genre Burnout and I need more of that   Genre Burnout and I need more of that - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Jul 2016 - 17:17

Okay! (takes 3DS)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Genre Burnout and I need more of that   Genre Burnout and I need more of that - Page 2 EmptyWed 20 Jul 2016 - 19:30

Prefer pies, myself.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Genre Burnout and I need more of that   Genre Burnout and I need more of that - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Jul 2016 - 10:35

I've been thinking about the "more of that" part. Having played Day of the Tentacle remastered recently, I realised I missed point and click adventures.

I know they've evolved into Telltale's current output, but those just don't appeal to me at all - there's an illusion of free will, that the writers always have to rein in towards the end, in order to make some kind of coherent ending - the "feels" that people go on about always seem artificial. There are enough "feels" in the real world, thanks very much! (There are also self-important pricks who write sentences like that last one)

I know point-and-click adventures do have a limited timespan, and not really any replayability, but I like the clicking on an item and seeing the "right" animation play out. Often, if the writing is good, it's fun if it's wrong as well. I'm currently playing Time Gentlemen Please, which I got free when I bought tickets for Rezzed a couple of years back. They've thought of everything it seems.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Genre Burnout and I need more of that   Genre Burnout and I need more of that - Page 2 EmptySun 24 Jul 2016 - 11:25

Excellent shout! After the Hotel Dusk games I'd really appreciate another game in that sort of vein. Bring back Cing. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Genre Burnout and I need more of that   Genre Burnout and I need more of that - Page 2 EmptyMon 25 Jul 2016 - 1:46

The most recent example I can think of is Broken Age although even that is a few years old now I think. Either way if you haven't played that give it a go, that'll definitely fill the void.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Genre Burnout and I need more of that   Genre Burnout and I need more of that - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 20:10

I haven't got Broken Age, even though I love DoubleFine / formerly LucasArts. That sounds like a good shout.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Genre Burnout and I need more of that   Genre Burnout and I need more of that - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 21:30

I'd say that a lot of Telltale's stuff prior to The Walking Dead would scratch that itch for you as well. I particularly liked the Back to the Future game, but you'd likely need to be a fan of the films to properly enjoy it, I reckon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Genre Burnout and I need more of that   Genre Burnout and I need more of that - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 21:35

And not play the Wii version. Rolling Eyes Broken as anything, that was.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Genre Burnout and I need more of that   Genre Burnout and I need more of that - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 21:49

That puzzles me, as surely it'd be a great fit on Wii... was it performance issues it was suffering from?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Genre Burnout and I need more of that   Genre Burnout and I need more of that - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 22:01

Yes, very much so: the dialogue would frequently get cut off before finishing and there were other indicators that it was a quick, cheap port produced to earn a quick buck. Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Genre Burnout and I need more of that   Genre Burnout and I need more of that - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 22:04

Telltale are pretty guilty of that, and it doesn't help that their games normally perform poorly anyway - some of their latest efforts have had some nasty performance issues and bugs.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Genre Burnout and I need more of that   Genre Burnout and I need more of that - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 22:07

Thankfully Batman will use the new engine.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Genre Burnout and I need more of that   Genre Burnout and I need more of that - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Jul 2016 - 22:59

Hmmm... still dubious about how well that will perform!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genre Burnout and I need more of that   Genre Burnout and I need more of that - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Genre Burnout and I need more of that
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2