We've tried beers, they taste like beers.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Top Ten Gamecube Games

Go down 
+10
Jimbob
EofGizmo
The_Jaster
OrangeRakoon
masofdas
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
gjones
Balladeer
Buskalilly
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Sep 2016 - 13:33

There's something in 'if it ain't broken...' But I'd like to have seen new areas, like Skytown and the Sanctuary Fortress, and moves like the Screw Attack and such, only without the purple.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Sep 2016 - 20:05

Heres my hastily put together list! Be Nice....

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Sep 2016 - 7:10

I'm surprised to see a Mario Party make anyone's list, I gotta say.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Sep 2016 - 13:17

4 is widely considered the best one though right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Sep 2016 - 13:31

NGC gave 4 68% or something similarly mediocre and 5 80%...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Sep 2016 - 14:36

By the looks of it, the reason seems to be the same as mine for Melee or Double Dash (My number 11) the multiplayer memories.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Sep 2016 - 12:17

OrangeRakoon wrote:
4 is widely considered the best one though right?
I would've said 2 was a highlight.

I've got to admit, I assumed that everyone's lists would work out about the same - I'm surprised to see such a variety.

I'll have a go:
Bubbling Under:
10:
9:
8:
7:
6:
5:
4:
3:
2:
1:
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Sep 2016 - 11:45

Jimbob wrote:

I've got to admit, I assumed that everyone's lists would work out about the same - I'm surprised to see such a variety.

[/spoiler]

It's got fantastic variety of choice, with every meaningful genre well represented in it's library, so I'm not all that surprised.

It's good to see stuff like Def Jam Vendetta and Timesplitters 2 being mentioned - you could only dream of having third-party games of that high quality on the Wii U. Viewtiful Joe doesn't seem to have mentioned by anybody though...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Sep 2016 - 13:27

TCK wrote:
Viewtiful Joe doesn't seem to have mentioned by anybody though...

That's definitely one that's up there such a cracking game.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Sep 2016 - 18:16

It's at #4 on my list.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 19:14

Really enjoying this thread. If only I'd kept up with it properly. Embarrassed

@Balla: all the GameCube games on my list are ones I bought and played through the Wii.

@Drunka: thanks, man! I was pretty pleased that I could put a decent ten together. Grin

Thoughts on Cappa's list:

Thoughts on mas's list:

Thoughts on OR's list: any list with FSA in it is a friend of my list! May have said that before, but it's worth repeating: lovely little game.

Thoughts on Jas's list:

Thoughts on EofGizmo's list: really glad to see a game in there for love. It's the same reason that I'm fond of NES Open Tournament Golf - just played it with the right people. Top stuff. Thumbs Up!

Thoughts on Jimbob's list:

Final note for this post: if I'd allowed myself GC games that I'd played Wii versions of, then Metroid Prime, Jungle Beat, Resident Evil 4 and Twilight Princess would be in my Top Ten for sure. It felt wrong to do so, though, particularly as all of the above had massive changes to accommodate Wii controls. Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 19:33

gjones wrote:
It's at #4 on my list.

Sorry! Embarrassed

~

I'd like to play Chibi-Robo! again, but I'm a bit fearful that my memories of it paint a rosier picture than what it was actually like. It was definitely the right game for the time and place though - when I bought it, I'd finished academy earlier that week and had uni to look forward to about four months later. All I did that summer was play football in the sun during the day, go underage drinking at night, look forward to Still Game series 5 and play Chibi-Robo!. Superb!

Now? It might be a bit mince. It's personality carried it a long way, I'm sure of that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 23:02

Viewtiful Joe is right near the top of my list of game's I must play.
I'll be playing a potential list shaker tomorrow- My friend's Katie and Jake are bringing the Game Boys, the cables and Four Swords Adventure.

I'll have proper responses to people's lists at some point, but Ive had about 10 hours sleep since I got out of bed at 7am on Friday and I just got home from a full shift at work, despite only getting back the country this morning. I should go to sleep but I think I've forgotten how.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2016 - 8:31

Ninty Life is doing exactly this.

I didn't vote for WW. Everybody will vote for WW.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2016 - 22:52

I'm glad we didn't do a vote for this.

What we probably should do though, is tally everyone's non-vote opinions on their top 10 GameCube games, and, from that data, work out what are the top 10 GameCube gam-*shot*
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2016 - 22:54

Balla says he will do that and I would like to see the answer but as the Twitter Master said hopefully a few more put up some sort of Top 10 and I know Jay said he will.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Sep 2016 - 12:01

There’s a lot of love for Paper Mario: TTYD which I was aware of, but didn’t realise it was so popular here. I’ve put it on temporary hold as the Puni’s and that ruddy tree are annoying me with all the back-tracking. Pretty sure there’s a boss imminent, but this is where I stopped playing originally. One of those psychological walls that I seem to meet in certain games.

Mas will be pleased to know that I have started Beyond Good & Evil HD, which so far I am enjoying. Snapping the animals is more fun than I thought and it all feels so smooth and enjoyable to play.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Sep 2016 - 13:07

The Punis were not my favourite chapter. That was the next one, and I would encourage you to press on through. I'm fine with the backtracking though, it's all a bit Metroidvania.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Sep 2016 - 11:38

I'll second what Balla says - the Punis are a low-point; get it done and out of the way, I would.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2016 - 21:26

I really really do mean to post in this thread, but the time I need to set aside to actually think up and consequently draft my list is putting me off doing it. Wednesday is my day off, so I think I'll jump in and get my list out to the masses then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2016 - 21:32

I started my short list, got 3 games on it then had to stop. I'll do it one day... That's the problem of a non-vote thread, don't feel like there's any rush! Same issue with my own thread Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2016 - 21:33

Yeah, when there's a legitimate deadline I do feel a bit more pressure to actually get a list in... otherwise the procrastinator in me gets to run rampant. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2016 - 23:01

Forum Admin JayMoyles, ladies and gentlemen.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Sep 2016 - 8:10

Down to a shortlist of 24 games... Watch this space!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Sep 2016 - 8:15

A shortlist of 24 games?! Truly an epic machine - see if you can get it down to twenty by the weekend. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Ten Gamecube Games   Top Ten Gamecube Games - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Top Ten Gamecube Games
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next