We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Ace Attorney Special

Go down 
+5
Crumpy Andy
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Balladeer
JayMoyles
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

The Ace Attorney Special - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ace Attorney Special   The Ace Attorney Special - Page 2 EmptyMon 21 Aug 2017 - 9:22

Wrapped my ears around part two - we did some good speaks! Applause

I've been made privy to Jay's plans for relaunching the podcast - for it is really his baby - and I am really looking forward to them. It's gonna fun on a bun - in your ears. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Ace Attorney Special   The Ace Attorney Special - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Sep 2018 - 14:01

News from TGS is that the first trilogy is getting the HD treatment and coming to PS4, Switch, Xbox One and PC

I've never really played an Ace Attorney game, so this is great for me and is something that even though it's coming to Xbox One isn't something that I find will be better on that then on Switch where it to me makes sense being what once was a handheld game.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Ace Attorney Special   The Ace Attorney Special - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Sep 2018 - 21:03

I'm on the last case of Justice for All and my 3DS seems to be on its last legs so if I can struggle through it's issues to finish it then I might just pick this up on Switch solely for the last game in the trilogy.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Ace Attorney Special   The Ace Attorney Special - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Sep 2018 - 21:31

I'll be picking it up on Switch to support the series and hopefully convince Capcom to get the rest - including the unreleased Japanese-only games - over to Switch too. Besides, it's been long enough since my original playthrough of the trilogy.

Let me know your thoughts on the cast if you do end up checking out the trilogy too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Ace Attorney Special   The Ace Attorney Special - Page 2 EmptySun 23 Sep 2018 - 22:01

I'm sticking with it on WiiWare!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Ace Attorney Special   The Ace Attorney Special - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Sep 2018 - 11:16

I still have the trilogy unplayed on 3ds and they seem a better fit there so I don't think I'll rebuy it on Switch.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Ace Attorney Special   The Ace Attorney Special - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Sep 2018 - 14:01

I've only just finished it on 3DS, i wont be replaying on Switch so soon.
That said, Shen played through the first game on my 3ds while she washere and i checked then to see if it was on steam. It wasn't, but now tat it is I'll probably buy her a copy and then she can stream it and we can play through together.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Ace Attorney Special   The Ace Attorney Special - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Sep 2018 - 18:43

fronkhead wrote:
It doesn't have to be one or the other (ports or new games), surely? The Switch is almost two years old and Capcom hasn't released a single new game on the Switch. I'm pretty sure Wii received Zack and Wiki long before this point in its lifecycle.

Yes... Great for people who own other machines and want some big-screen attorney action, I suppose? But I feel like this is a chuffing cop-out. Maybe I'm being entitled, but I'd expect something other than the umpteenth new re-release of the trilogy on a Nintendo platform. Either an AJ Trilogy release, or an Investigations release, or (god forbid) a packaging of the two 'Great' games, translated and that.

Obviously expecting AA7 any time soon is silly. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Ace Attorney Special   The Ace Attorney Special - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Sep 2018 - 20:37

I think that's a bit unfair - I suspect this was more geared to getting the Ace Attorney Trilogy onto platforms that have never experienced the games before (Playstation, Xbox and PC) and the relative ease of bringing it to Switch at the same time meant that Nintendo would be getting this port too. What would your thoughts have been had they not bothered to port it to Switch? You'd have been upset then too - perhaps even more so.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Ace Attorney Special   The Ace Attorney Special - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Sep 2018 - 20:53

Yes probably, and I think you're right about their aims here... at the same time, that kind of firms up Fronk's point, doesn't it?  Capcom's bringing a practically Nintendonly series to other machines, when there's a new Nintendo machine crying out for something Nintendo fans haven't seen before.  The teams are surely different, new software and porting; but I've got to wonder what Capcom's prime Switch teams have been doing.  Have we seen much, or anything?  I could have missed something. (And there will be some overlap, marketing resources etc.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Ace Attorney Special   The Ace Attorney Special - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Sep 2018 - 21:08

It's been port city, but I'm hopeful there's something in the pipeline that we'll see at an eventual Nintendo Direct. We did get some rumblings last year of future Ace Attorney games to come, so hopefully this is the start of all that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Ace Attorney Special   The Ace Attorney Special - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jan 2020 - 14:11

I finally listened to these! The podcast app on my phone can find more episodes than the one on my kindle so I was able to scroll back to these Smile

I enjoyed hearing lots of chat about the good cases, I didn't enjoy the bottom five cast quite so much. You know how I am with negativity and I think even my lowest-ranked cases I was still more positive about than most.

Still, good stuff. More content please Jay.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Ace Attorney Special   The Ace Attorney Special - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Jan 2020 - 20:50

I genuinely can't remember what was on my lowest ranked case list - I imagine the circus one from AA2 and the soba storyteller one from AA6 were in there.

Glad you enjoyed it! I'd love to do a similar deep dive into another series like this at some point.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Ace Attorney Special   The Ace Attorney Special - Page 2 EmptyTue 28 Jan 2020 - 20:12

Woohoo, great to see you coming back to this boss! Grin I'm afraid I had a grand old time blowing off steam about my less-loved cases, especially Turnabout Fecking Big Top. It comes from a place of love... which is why I had a grand old time talking about my favourite cases too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ace Attorney Special   The Ace Attorney Special - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ace Attorney Special
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2