Famicomlipshment or Defective?

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
The Next Aonuma
Balladeer

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality Empty
PostSubject: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 17:00

Capcom wrote:
くらえ! The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles brings together two incredible adventures set a century before the events of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney! This special trailer features an introduction and closing statements from Shu Takumi – the director and scenario writer of the first three Ace Attorney games as well as both The Great Ace Attorney games – that Ace fans absolutely do not want to miss.

Never before released outside of Japan, both The Great Ace Attorney: Adventures and The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve follow the escapades of fledgling lawyer Ryunosuke Naruhodo, his trusty legal aide, Susato Mikotoba, the inimitable detective, Herlock Sholmes, young genius Iris Wilson, and a wide variety of weird and wonderful characters. Ten cases chock full of intriguing mysteries and courtroom mayhem await you, set against the backdrop of 19th century Japan and England.

Before Phoenix, there was Ryunosuke. Seems like being an ace attorney runs in the family after all.

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles comes to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam on July 27th, 2021!

More info: https://www.ace-attorney.com/great1-2/

Tremendous, albeit expected, news. I haven't been this excited for a Switch game since Smash.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Disciple of Overton
Rum

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 17:10

That explains why 'Herlock Sholmes' is trending on Twitter. (And as Kate Gray points out on Nintendo Life, "Sherlock Holmes is in the public domain, they really didn't have to do this.")

Better finish Trials and Tribulations before the 27th of July!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/cww_george
masofdas
The Next Koizumi
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 17:15

Keen as for me this could be a good starting point
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Aonuma
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 18:52

Can't believe you've not played one of these. They're visual novels: surely that slots straight into 'Mas games'?

@Rum wrote:
That explains why 'Herlock Sholmes' is trending on Twitter. (And as Kate Gray points out on Nintendo Life, "Sherlock Holmes is in the public domain, they really didn't have to do this.")

Better finish Trials and Tribulations before the 27th of July!

I do agree with Kate's other comment (in the, er, comments), that she likes the goofiness of 'Herlock Sholmes'. Also I'd rather differentiate real Sherlock from hangs-around-with-a-little-girl Sherlock. (DIGRESSION ALERT: I read this and then saw your signature as talking about BioSherlock Infinite, which I would definitely play.)

Yep! Never even mind TGAAC, you should just do that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Brush God
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 23:38

FUCK. YES.

I mean, I've been excited about Monster Hunter so I can't say this is my most anticipated game but I am KEEN.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Koizumi
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyThu 22 Apr 2021 - 17:37

Is a Mas game, just back on DS don't think I played these sorts of games as I would have been dudebro 360 then and just not gone back to them, even though been available on modern systems.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Aonuma
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyFri 23 Apr 2021 - 20:48

Well, this might be a good place to jump in - but I reckon the stories and gameplay, if not the visuals, from the original trilogy still hold up today if you ever fancy them.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Farore
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyFri 23 Apr 2021 - 23:51

At last! This has been rumoured for a good while, so I'm glad to see it actually exists and isn't just another cruel rumour. It's been ages since I've played an Ace Attorney game considering I skipped double-dipping on the trilogy when it got ported to modern platforms - I think my last one was SoJ back when I marathoned the series and did an AA cast with Balla and Zero.

@Rum wrote:
(And as Kate Gray points out on Nintendo Life, "Sherlock Holmes is in the public domain, they really didn't have to do this.")

Some of the books are, some aren't - from what I've read, the Conan Doyle estate is notoriously protective of the character and has sued people over elements of Holmes's character which are present in the copywrited works but aren't in the public domain works. I think there was a Netflix movie which landed in legal hot water recently, so it's probably Capcom playing it safe. Plus, it fits with how silly some of the Ace Attorney character names have been in the past.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Rum
Disciple of Overton
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptySun 25 Apr 2021 - 19:28

The Conan Doyle estate sound like a right bunch of dickheads. Eurogamer did an article about the whole affair. I do like a spoonerism so I'm into the ridiculousness of Sholmes.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/cww_george
Buskalilly
Brush God
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyMon 26 Apr 2021 - 15:22

@Rum wrote:
The Conan Doyle estate sound like a right bunch of dickheads.

A family of Brits desperately clinging to money they only have because of a dead ancestor? Dick heads? Surely not!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Aonuma
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyMon 26 Apr 2021 - 19:01

@JayMoyles wrote:
...I think my last one was SoJ back when I marathoned the series and did an AA cast with Balla and Zero.

We'll need to get the gang back together.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Brush God
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyTue 27 Apr 2021 - 2:03

I think I'm gonna dig up all my old case reviews, tidy them up as scripts, and reheat them as youtube content.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality Empty

Back to top Go down

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality
Page 1 of 1