We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)

Go down 
+7
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
masofdas
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Balladeer
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) Empty
PostSubject: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptyTue 25 Oct 2016 - 14:54

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) Original

I'll take three!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptyTue 25 Oct 2016 - 16:46

My friend send me pictures of the Switch dog yesterday. Love it!

Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptyTue 25 Oct 2016 - 17:08

I tweeted "More like Nintendo Stitch!"

I've heard nothing back.

In other thoughts, when I'm able to get a Switch, I'm going to get more third-party games than before. I just want the thing to succeed.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 8:40

Onya Zero, as the Aussies say. I've bought quite a few indie games for my Wii U that I've barely played. More likely to give them a decent go on the Switch. (Still not bought Jotun or Severed yet.)
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 19:10

So, how many kidneys will everyone be selling to get a Switch?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 8:19

Relevant to current tagline.

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) 026

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) 8f1

I can get on board with this.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 9:08

Treesmurf wrote:

There's quite a high homeless population here, so as many as it takes.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 18:18

Treesmurf wrote:

I've already got £50 off the price
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 19:40

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) 14875210
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 19:45

Call Hallowe'en off, it's just been won.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptyMon 31 Oct 2016 - 1:50

Karen for Smash Bros!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptyMon 31 Oct 2016 - 15:40

Too early for 'What We Want In Super Switch Bros.' thread?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptyMon 31 Oct 2016 - 18:19

I'd wait and see if we're even getting a "new" game or not yet.

P.S can an admin please spoiler smurf's post Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptyMon 31 Oct 2016 - 21:20

Done! And done in a way that I hope preserved the joke, which I did enjoy. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptyThu 3 Nov 2016 - 15:38

This was mentioned in the possible launch date article on Nintendo life.

Quote :
There's been chatter around this as a possible release week since Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) was confirmed for 18th March in Japan, with some speculating whether that title could also be an early arrival on Switch in the country. That's possible of course, potentially to be confirmed in January, but it's also possible that the two releases will be entirely unrelated.

As much as I'd like it to be the case I don't think Switch will launch with MHXX for one simple reason, MHX/Gen relies on 3ds' second screen to let you know when your hunter arts are ready to use, for this to work on Nintendo Switch it'd have to be somehow incorporated into the top screen HUD (not impossible) which unless it's replacing other elements (like the map or player name) it could get a bit messy.

How popular NS becomes is also a big factor as well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptyThu 3 Nov 2016 - 17:53

How does MH3U work on the Gampad on off TV play, I know it's slightly different but is the nearest we can over the last few years.

What you mean by top screen as of on the top of the switches screen.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptyThu 3 Nov 2016 - 20:21

masofdas wrote:
How does MH3U work on the Gampad on off TV play, I know it's slightly different but is the nearest we can over the last few years.

Same as it does when you have it on the TV as there's no real need for the second screen in 3U.

masofdas wrote:
What you mean by top screen as of on the top of the switches screen.

I worded that very poorly, should have just said "main HUD" which would be the top screen of 3ds.

---

It's tough to explain to those who haven't played MH Gen tbh but here goes:

These yellow bars fill to red giving you the visual cue that they are ready to use

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) 2506_1

and since Switch is a one screen device regardless of whether you're in handheld mode or not those would need to fit somewhere on this HUD.

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) Monster-Hunter-Generations-gameplay
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptySun 6 Nov 2016 - 9:45

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... as someone who's not played Monster Hunter, I'll admit my opinion is based on very little information, but looking at those screenshots you've shown there, and given the Switch's higher resolution than e.g. the 3ds, you could just make all of that existing stuff smaller, and plonk it on the one screen. It'd end up quite similar to Dark Souls' interface I'd say.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptySun 6 Nov 2016 - 13:30

I'd say you could shrink it, as Jimminy Jim Jim says, and pop the hunter arts where multiplayer health bars go. Then the health bar can go over players' heads or something.

Monster Hunter has always been great at making HUDs super customisable, so I'm sure they can make it work.

BY THE WAY.
I wish every game had the same option as Dark Souls, where one can turn the HUD off for the most part and have it fade in when its relevant.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptySun 6 Nov 2016 - 14:31

Jimbob wrote:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... as someone who's not played Monster Hunter, I'll admit my opinion is based on very little information, but looking at those screenshots you've shown there, and given the Switch's higher resolution than e.g. the 3ds, you could just make all of that existing stuff smaller, and plonk it on the one screen. It'd end up quite similar to Dark Souls' interface I'd say.

That is very true indeed, MH3U's HUD even ended up smaller on wii U because of the higher resolution.

Drunka wrote:
Monster Hunter has always been great at making HUDs super customisable, so I'm sure they can make it work.

Also very true.

---

Random thought:

With the recent chat about Nintendo saying NS won't replace 3DS but most agreeing that it eventually will I'm worried that if it doesn't sell as well as their handhelds usually do they could be backing themselves into a corner that's tough to get out of.

It's been their safety net & I don't like that they are essentially toying with that.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptySun 6 Nov 2016 - 14:56

The problem I don't think is will it replace the 3DS but the 3DS is 6 years old in March and lets say the Switch isn't a replacement and the adverts at the moment shows the Switch for us and the 3DS for kids, and Nintendo want to have to devices for two audiences.

The problem I feel comes when you do replace the 3DS, let's say this is done in 2019 the 3DS will be 8 years old (Even the New 3DS will be 4 years old) and the Switch 2 years on the market, I can see the internet backlash already being Nintendo only brought out new system out 2 years ago and how would you market it as you already have device that's portable, what power would it have as if you go more powerful then the Switch then does what does that do for the Switch, if you make weaker then surely Nintendo are limiting themselves.

Of course this is Nintendo and they could come out with a handheld that does something new and is completely different to just playing games with a standard control scheme.

My real thoughts is Nintendo have realised from the Wii U, HD game development takes along time and that real did damage the Wii U with the games output and having the teams working together with one system to work on will solve this.

Their home console market has shrunk and has so with every system part from the Wii and there is too much competition for gamers time and money, they can say they aren't in the same race as Sony or Microsoft but they are and it's just not those systems to play games on we've got smartphones, tablets, PC, android based consoles and due to having two systems they even had that battle amongst their self.

Why have that and having Joe Bloggs only buying just a 3DS and games and not buying a Wii U and games, now he can buy the one system and can buy all your games.

Yeah it could be a worrying time for Nintendo Hardware if the Switch is a flop and continues the downward spiral of the rest of the home consoles but I think this a risk they have to take.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptySun 6 Nov 2016 - 20:04

mas wrote:
The problem I feel comes when you do replace the 3DS, let's say this is done in 2019 the 3DS will be 8 years old (Even the New 3DS will be 4 years old) and the Switch 2 years on the market, I can see the internet backlash already being Nintendo only brought out new system out 2 years ago and how would you market it as you already have device that's portable, what power would it have as if you go more powerful then the Switch then does what does that do for the Switch, if you make weaker then surely Nintendo are limiting themselves.

That's my point basically they're eating into their own portable space & the NS could well be the only hardware Nintendo have out for the foreseeable future, I'm sure they'll have some sort of back up but to think NS will be it for the next 5 years or so is odd & worrying in some ways.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptySun 6 Nov 2016 - 20:19

I prefer it myself especially after this generation I buy Nintendo systems for Nintendo games and neither the 3DS or Wii U have given us a output like Cube and GBA for instance.

And I really don't want to spend £200-300 on two systems for one to play 20 games a year and the other 10.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptySun 6 Nov 2016 - 20:23

A new Nintendo handheld would have to have a gimmick of some kind to make it significantly different from the Switch so the markets wouldn't eat into each other. Whether they have that in them I don't know, but I don't expect the 3DS to be killed off all that quickly. During its gentle decline, I expect Nintendo to see the lie of the land and plan accordingly. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) EmptySun 6 Nov 2016 - 20:37

I'm pretty optimistic about the Switch overall, but they might be thinking phone software is the other pillar that will keep the coffers topped up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next