Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States

Go down 
+10
OrangeRakoon
shanks
gjones
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Balladeer
The_Jaster
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Nov 2016 - 22:17

I think TLG will be treated slightly different to Shenmue III as one had been in development for 10 years and pops up now & again, with people wanting to know what happened.

The other will in development for 3 years maybe and nothing was really said in till E3 2016 on it, yeah both may follow on from some of the bets games ever but only one has this story around it.

Of course TLG looks like it does, it was meant to come in 2007 and doesn't look any different since then.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Nov 2016 - 22:36

masofdas wrote:
Their is a demo out for it at the moment, Balla.

Currently playing the excrement out of said demo. Reminds me of the DS original, natch, although there is the extra element of painting some of the blocks to indicate how they're going to be chiselled when the object is formed. Controls are a bit fiddly. More on this when I have it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyThu 1 Dec 2016 - 9:33

What you talking about Zero, I'm talking about 7th Dragon
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyThu 1 Dec 2016 - 20:40

He's on about Picross 3d round 2, which I've also gave a wee go & it's great stuff.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyThu 1 Dec 2016 - 21:49

He is! Cutest game for years, very much looking forward to more. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Dec 2016 - 10:14

Ahha okay then, just Balla was looking at 7th Dragon and I was letting him know their is a demo out.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Dec 2016 - 21:21

The Last Guardian seems to be reviewing well, yay not £105 spent on a 4/10
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Dec 2016 - 9:35

Thought you weren't bothered about the scores? Winky Face

Anyhow, the reviews seem more mixed from what I've seen & I'm not surprised by it having some technical issues given the troubled development period it's had. Of all the people I can't believe I'm going to agree with something Jim Sterling said and that is how folk seem to be going daft over it just because it's a Sony exclusive. If you like it though then fair play to you.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Dec 2016 - 10:16

I like Jim Sterling even support him Patreon. I think the reason people are going daft for it, is not because its a PlayStation exclusive but because it follows SotC which we've waited 10 years for. I think the same would apply if we didn't see a game from From Software for 10 years, I think people would be daft for that as well following on from Dark Souls.

It does seem the game suffers from technical which we don't know what happened behind the scenes but going from a 2007 PS3 game to a 2016 PS4 game must have taken its toll on the games development.

I will be fine as on PS4 Pro on a 1080p TV it runs at a smooth 30fps in 1080p but will still have the now dated controls and dodgy camera.

I'm also a little shocked that both it and FFXV both have been well received at a 83 & 86 on metacritic, I wasn't bothered about scores for either game as I've waited that long especially TLG and its nice to see they've not been universally panned.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Dec 2016 - 10:19

I've not seen much negativity around TLG apart from frame rate, perhaps I've just missed the sites that are slagging it off.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Dec 2016 - 10:34

Happy to oblige Andy!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Dec 2016 - 10:41

Even that hardly seems to make it mixed, I'm assuming that's low end of the spectrum and there's often a bit of a spread.

Either way I'm much more interested in it than I have been, just more likely to be a Christmas/£20 dealio.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Dec 2016 - 10:59

Yeah Jim seems to be hardly slagging it off and his problem is the technical side and some reviews I've seen seem to be like yep its their but dam this emotional story is so great lets give it a 9.

I think the review from Marty at IGN who gave it a 7 but basically set the story is excellent but the technical issues hold it back which most people will have, is the most sound.

So if you can get past the technical short comings (which I won't have in terms of framerate) then you do get a great game it seems, and I was happy to play it if everyone said it was a total mess and in 2016 the story doesn't cut it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Dec 2016 - 12:14

The guy who reviewed it for God Is A Geek wasn't terribly happy either, but also posted this article about how the game's emotional story helped him deal with a life event (WARNING: sad).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Dec 2016 - 12:38

mas wrote:

I like Jim Sterling even support him Patreon. I think the reason people are going daft for it, is not because its a PlayStation exclusive but because it follows SotC which we've waited 10 years for. I think the same would apply if we didn't see a game from From Software for 10 years, I think people would be daft for that as well following on from Dark Souls.

You like a From soft/Souls example when replying to me, don't you? Laughing

It's most likely a bit of both but I do find it a bit odd that in some reviews they note the technical problems (it's not just the frame rate) but don't mark it down because of that? I know everyone might not see it this way but even if you gave me the most absorbing story in gaming history & then said you will be frustrated beyond belief due to controls & annoying AI then I really wouldn't want to play it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Dec 2016 - 12:44

Certainly that's why I think the IGN review is sort of bang on with a happy medium between technical and story.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Dec 2016 - 14:17

The_Jaster wrote:
You like a From soft/Souls example when replying to me, don't you? Laughing

I'd have done the same Jas - that, MonHun, or Shovel Knight. Razz
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Dec 2016 - 20:16

It's the only language the lad understands.

Cave Story. Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Dec 2016 - 20:21

...we don't talk about that. Sulk
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Dec 2016 - 20:22

Had a random thought related to The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy XV both in development for what seems like 10 years and both originally PS3 games.

Both suffer from framerate issues and camera issues, I wonder if back when these were announced the camera issues and framerate wouldn't have been a issue but 10 years on they are.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Dec 2016 - 13:01

Hmmm... I think they would've. Every since the GameCube era, people have moaned about stutters.
But I am dead chuffed for The Last Guardian - I'm pleased that a lot of the earlier previews (and my previous concerns) turned out to be wrong.It's going to be a Xmas game. Especially the bit where Trico turns out to be Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 11:27

I started The Last Guardian last night after putting it off for a day as the game has this aura around it.

I've reread Jim's review and I agree with some of it.

Trico can be a pain then he has the bit about being realistic, now some reviews have praised this and have actually compared Trico to a cat more then a dog due to how he responds. Can someone like Zero let us know how his cats respond to commands but I could see this gettign frustrating but that's part of the games quirks.

Controls well this as come up before when talking SotC when I said it was the PS2's best game as Athrun for instance talked about how the controls were frustrating, TLG uses the same control scheme. When SotC came out I had no issues with it as I never used my PS2, it sort of seemed more natural but with TLG being played on PS4 which I use every day and played many action-adventure on I've got a sort of default controls set in mind that Cross should be jump not Triangle.

Camera so far I've had no issues with or from a technical side but didn't think I would playing on a Pro.

Looks, Jim says this looks and plays like a launch PS3 game well I bought a PS3 at launch this may control like a PS2 game but doesn't look like a PS3 game at all. The game in places especially when outside are frankly beautiful.

I'm only maybe 2hrs in and my views may change of the course of the next 10hrs or so.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 11:31

Cats struggle with commands, though ours know "NO!" means "Stop what you are doing, you imbecile!". You can train cats to a limited extent, however.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 12:01

Like with Trico who Jim also needs to remember is a wild animal not a domesticated Dog or Cat.

Minecraft: Story Mode - The Complete Adventure is out on the 16th for Wii U at retail but I've not seen if anywhere to actually buy, could it be a weird exclusive like with SEGA 3D Classics.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 EmptyMon 12 Dec 2016 - 15:42

mas wrote:

Like with Trico who Jim also needs to remember is a wild animal not a domesticated Dog or Cat.

It's also a game which should be well designed as to keep player frustration to a minimum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States   Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trump is the Last Guardian of the United States
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next