We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Year, New Games - Go!

Go down 
+7
JayMoyles
Muss
Athrun888
Buskalilly
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

New Year, New Games - Go! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Year, New Games - Go!   New Year, New Games - Go! - Page 2 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2017 - 9:26

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Here's the thing, it's not replaying games I dislike, I'll happily replay games like Mass Effect and get my own slightly different story each time, it's replaying it so soon, plus the Hitman levels are super long and it's very easy to screw it up and have to start again from the beginning, just didn't feel fun.

I really enjoy quite a few stealth games - the gameplay of MGS5, Splinter Cell, Dishonored, Deus Ex, I just find Hitman to be a chore.

I'm exactly the same with the Hitman series generally. I love the Splinter Cell series and planning my way through the levels (I have to kill EVERYONE - I really should book that psychiatrist) but Hitman 2 and Hitman Contracts were games I struggled with. Hitman 2 had some great first levels (such as the mansion) but it felt so loose that it feels like I could be spotted at any time. I may try Absolution one day as that did grab me, but yeah, Hitman has never been a series I've enjoyed despite enjoying stealth games, where I effectively play them as a hitman!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New Games - Go!   New Year, New Games - Go! - Page 2 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2017 - 9:28

@Andy

You don't really have to replay it so soon though in fact in this game I play through a level once and then check out all the other content the game has like elusive targets, escalations etc and return to that main level another time to see what other opportunities I can uncover. Also btw the game does have auto and manual save to stop you from needing to restart a mission from scratch.

Interesting that you mention dishonoured as I found that game to have a similar gameplay hook to Hitman, anyhow if its not for you then its not for you. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New Games - Go!   New Year, New Games - Go! - Page 2 EmptyThu 5 Jan 2017 - 15:45

I can sympathise with the feeling of being caught at any time in Hitman 2. It's the only one in the series I've played and while it had great levels, the ways you'd get spotted never felt consistent. I'm hoping that ten years our so later they've solved that issues. I tend to kill as few targets as possible on stealth games so it should be right up my street.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New Games - Go!   New Year, New Games - Go! - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 Jan 2017 - 13:38

Muss wrote:
I can sympathise with the feeling of being caught at any time in Hitman 2. It's the only one in the series I've played and while it had great levels, the ways you'd get spotted never felt consistent. I'm hoping that ten years our so later they've solved that issues. I tend to kill as few targets as possible on stealth games so it should be right up my street.

Any time I've been spotted in the new game it has always felt like my own fault, cant remember if this is a new thing or not but when wearing certain disguises only certain "enemies" will be suspicious of you.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New Games - Go!   New Year, New Games - Go! - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 11:17

February to be called Shh saving money for Switch?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New Games - Go!   New Year, New Games - Go! - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 12:39

Won't be able to top that. Cool
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New Games - Go!   New Year, New Games - Go! - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 22:22

Seconding!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New Games - Go!   New Year, New Games - Go! - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 17:56

I think I've got a even better one for March
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New Games - Go!   New Year, New Games - Go! - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 19:31

Aye the one I suggested. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New Games - Go!   New Year, New Games - Go! - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 20:29

I can't remember what that was
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Year, New Games - Go!   New Year, New Games - Go! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Year, New Games - Go!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2