We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more

Go down 
+5
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  Empty
PostSubject: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014 - 14:06

Telltale Games have become a big player the last few years since The Walking Dead Season 1 and it winning some GOTY awards that almost everything they do is anticipated now, I can see people watching the Sony event just for Game of Thrones being shown there.  

I know in the last game I finished thread there was a lot of talk about TWD which myself have only played episode 1 of season 1 Embarrassed

But I am interested in there work after playing that and most of it now on PS4 or coming, I'm not sure I would go for GoT myself as I know nothing about it but the rest I'm intrigued that I would like to get some thoughts from you guys and are you excited for Borderlands or what not.

Also is the BTTF game on Wii any good.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 26 Nov 2014 - 15:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014 - 14:48

I can't necessarily speak for GoT naturally but I hadn't seen any TWD before I played that and I didn't feel too left out, albeit I think GoT might be more strongly tied to the TV show.

I'm pretty interested in Borderlands, the humor in the main games has always been pretty lost on me because I've played them co-op and simply haven't taken in the story particularly well, let alone any side laughs. It does seem like it'll be a genuinely fun game so I'll be picking it up soon probably (unless I can hold out for a disk version, but I'm too impatient for that).

As for BTTF it was a fun enough game,though more of a true retro point and click type than their post-TWD stuff, though if the Wii versions of Sam and Max/Monkey Island are anything to go by I wouldn't bother with it at all. Best bet would be to just pick up TWD S1&2 on PS4 if you wanna play something by them.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014 - 15:24

GoT takes place between Season 4 & 5 of the TV show I believe but take my word on it.  

Only thing with TWD it's not based on the show but the graphic novel which helps it but unlike Wolf Among Us as I know off the source materials same with Borderlands I'm more inclined to play them over GoT which I won't have a clue about or The Wolf Among Us.

Maybe TWD1&2 and even TWAU might be Boxing Day pick ups
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014 - 17:19

Game of Thrones I'm super excited about, despite barely playing TWD. I'm not massively fussed about zombies, but GOT's character-driven, constantly surprising storytelling is a good fit for the twists which are the telltale signs you're playing Telltale Games' Telltale Games.

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Wed 26 Nov 2014 - 17:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wow. bad typo that told you more than you needed to know about my autocorrect)
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014 - 17:30

I knew nothing of wolf among us either before playing it but when I did I instantly loved the universe & characters, I've still got the final episode of that to play as well. (Just got massively distracted with other games at the time)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014 - 17:47

Might also put on the boxing day buy list.

If Sony had any sense they'll get a GoT cast member/s up on stage at PlayStation event mainstream press would lap it up. But that whole different thing just a random thought on the game.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 7:37

The Wii BttF did suffer from the same problems as their Sam and Max games on the console: the sound clips often cut off and it all got a bit messy. It was huge fun for a big BttF fan like me, although it was something of a slog.

Whilst I like the idea of episodic games, they're not my favourite way to play. A complete experience always trumps one you have to wait for every so often to finish off... in this medium, at least. So far. [/caveat]
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyThu 27 Nov 2014 - 12:30

I'm getting Season 1 & 2 of TWD on PS4 for Xmas from my uncle and almost was getting Wolf Among Us as well but I'm taking the rest in cash.

Funny thing he's also bought it for my cousin all ready whom will hate it but didn't say anything to my uncle.

Zero, I get waht you mean but I do think it works with what Telltale does but not sure it will for something Resident Evil Revelations 2 as the story never been that series strong point and then some like D4 on Xbox One is unlikely to even see the rest of it's episodes.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyTue 16 Dec 2014 - 22:52

After listening to TRP EP10, I really want to play TWAU & TWD now.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014 - 4:17

I plan on giving the Borderlands one a go soon and maybe even finish Jurassic Park
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptySun 21 Dec 2014 - 12:40

Jurassic Park?

What foes everyone think of the Minecraft game coming.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyMon 22 Dec 2014 - 0:36

Yeah Telltale did a Jurassic Park game on IOS
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyMon 22 Dec 2014 - 1:09

masofdas wrote:
Jurassic Park?

What foes everyone think of the Minecraft game coming.

From a business perspective it makes sense but from a gaming one it's hard to imagine how it will work seeing as minecraft is mainly about personal creativity.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyMon 22 Dec 2014 - 9:23

I'm I'm sure the mine craft one will make top dollar but it is of zero interest to me.
Game of Thrones, on the other hand. . . I played episode one last night and it was so good I immediately bought the season pass. This was the first telltale game I played and I loved it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyMon 22 Dec 2014 - 10:05

Andy was telling me that GoT could end up being there best yet, but as it's stuck between seasons of the show, I'm not going to play it unless I go watch the show.

But you never know January sales I might be able to pick up a GoT boxset.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyMon 22 Dec 2014 - 13:27

So when is Telltale's GoT set? As I'm thoroughly enjoying season one of the show I'd like to know when I could pick up episode one of the game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyMon 22 Dec 2014 - 13:54

Between season 4 & 5
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyMon 22 Dec 2014 - 14:53

It covers from the end of season 3 (that's when ep 1 takes place) through to the start of season 5
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyTue 23 Dec 2014 - 1:51

ahh cheers guys, so I'll get all caught up before getting it then.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptySun 1 Feb 2015 - 15:43

Been playing a lot of there games recently

Played EP1 of TFTB, finished TWDS1 and just started season 2 which was good from the first episode.

After that I might start Wolf Among Us (which I bought in the PSN Sale back in early January) and soon as I watch Season 4 of GoT I think I'll pick up that up as well.

Not sure on minecraft though when that comes.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 11:51

I played episode 2 of 'Thrones last night. It is really good, as an interactive Game of Thrones side story, but as an actual XBox product it can absolutely do one.

Riddled with graphical hiccups and randomly repeated or missed lines of dialogue, not to mention the save file bug. Luckily I wasn't too off - base compared to the standard decisions so it hasn't affected me but that could be infuriating if it keeps happening.

Plus the QTEs are so blatantly built for a mouse, rather than an XBox controller that they become infuriating. Personally I'd cut them out altogether, they don't really add to the experience.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 16:19

Drunkalilly wrote:

Plus the QTEs are so blatantly built for a mouse, rather than an XBox controller that they become infuriating. Personally I'd cut them out altogether, they don't really add to the experience.

Ah, that's not good to hear - I use a 360 pad playing on PC. I think the graphical bugs and whatnot you mentioned will be patched out pretty quickly, but it's disappointing to hear that a usually great company is putting out messy products. Do you reckon they're stretching themselves too thin? They're developing 4 series at once, I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 17:18

I've had a few hiccups with TWD on PS4 and it's been brought up on things like Podcast Beyond that the actual game & it's engine isn't great but the content of the stores so good, that it doesn't matter.

I've had no problem with OTE's though but I've become a customised to them from all the way back with Shenmue that story driven games have them.

I can't think what all 4 are jay but I wouldn't mind if they had break after them all & then come back with something great again as all these games means they've lost there specialness as TWD is a special game compared to BttF as they tookj time and care with TWD.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 17:20

The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 17:21

I wasn't counting Wolf and was counting Minecraft myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more    Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more  Empty

Back to top Go down

Telltale Games and their games Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Game of Thrones, Tales from the Borderlands and more
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next