Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Time for Rime

Go down 
+6
Muss
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
Buskalilly
masofdas
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Time for Rime  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for Rime    Time for Rime  - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Nov 2017 - 15:50

I read the slowness problem in the God Is A Geek review - sounds like a thing that needs a patch. It had fallen low on my radar but now it's dropped to the floor... and I'm unlikely to pick it up. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Time for Rime    Time for Rime  - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Nov 2017 - 15:52

Unfortunately it's not going to be patched from what I was told after I asked before my review went up and the amazing which the sent me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Time for Rime    Time for Rime  - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Nov 2017 - 19:00

I didn't care about this much until the review. Now, I care about it less.

Balladeer wrote:
So we've got an ambitious-looking indie with a troubled development history and supposed shady-goings-on in the background? Up to you, but I'd not think this was threadworthy until it comes out. Sounds like a whole heap of trouble.

In fact, I'd say I was bang on here. Can't help feeling it deserves to sink without trace.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Time for Rime    Time for Rime  - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 Nov 2017 - 19:11

It's a real shame as the game is really good and I mean really good but would I have bought it this week knowing what is coming out along with its flaws.

But like I said in a sale or something, I would have been all over it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Time for Rime    Time for Rime  - Page 2 EmptyThu 16 Nov 2017 - 23:11

Surely if enough people are saying that the game is running like treacle on Switch then they'll go on and patch the thing? Or is this a case of them trying to put out a relatively quick port and leave it at that?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Time for Rime    Time for Rime  - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Nov 2017 - 18:26

In my review from the devs:

"Rime runs at 30fps in 720p throughout most of the game while docked," Tequila Works wrote. "This is a considerable improvement from where the game was at earlier this year when we announced the first delay."

"With Rime being very open in many locations, it's incredibly difficult to get these level segments small enough to not cause a hiccup in performance. We were faced with the choice of adding loading screens throughout the stages, rebuilding the game completely to be more closed in (undermining the product vision in the process) or living with these small hiccups to preserve what the game was intended to be. We chose the latter."

"When looking at the handheld mode, we had to make a choice between lowering the resolution, removing/replacing major parts of the level geometry, or having a bigger hit in performance. We decided to go for the former because it allows us to maintain the integrity of the gameplay experience. All the important details are still very visible, and we've had no issues playing the game in handheld mode ourselves."

They never patched on PS4 or One either, it's like the good old days in away what you get is what it will always be.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Time for Rime    Time for Rime  - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Nov 2017 - 19:11

Maybe they don't have the resources to patch it? Whatever it is, their sales will likely take a hit, says I. A shame all round.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Time for Rime    Time for Rime  - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Nov 2017 - 22:02

I mean, if Breath of the Wild can deliver a mostly smooth experience, save those one or two areas with minor frame issues, then there's not much of an excuse and I think in this busy winter season, it's going to end up hurting them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Time for Rime    Time for Rime  - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Nov 2017 - 22:04

According to today's NVC, they have patched it but when I asked about it for review I got sent thay from the AMA.

The PS4 and Xbox One can run likes of Witcher 3 fine and even they have issues with Rime, I wonder what the actual issue is with the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for Rime    Time for Rime  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for Rime
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2