Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If I could turn back time

Go down 
+2
Balladeer
masofdas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

If I could turn back time Empty
PostSubject: If I could turn back time   If I could turn back time EmptySun 7 Sep 2014 - 17:46

A few of us on here are fans of Dr Who
If I could turn back time Doctor-Who-game-1

Which got me thinking, he can go back time and change history. What if we could do that but in gaming, so is there anything that's happened, if you could you would change.

If I could turn back time SNES_CD_Nintendo_and_Sony_Wide

The one I can think off the top of my head is Nintendo & Sony, I would go back in time tell Nintendo not to go no where near Panasonic & to stick with Sony. I would be very interested how it all played out.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: If I could turn back time   If I could turn back time EmptySun 7 Sep 2014 - 18:51

And Nintendo would say, "Who does this random kid think he is?" and go through with it anyway. Possibly have you sectioned for claiming that you were a time traveller. Razz But yes, keeping the two together would be a good shout, if only for getting the main Final Fantasies on Nintendo consoles.

My choice would be to set sneak into MS' production lines and incorporate a tiny permanent flaw into all of the original XBoxes, that activates shortly after launch. MS crash out of the console business, and (in time) somebody else takes up the third pillar instead. No GoW and its ilk, no stupid indie parity clause, and a less dramatic shift towards online gaming: that would work nicely for me.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: If I could turn back time   If I could turn back time EmptySun 7 Sep 2014 - 19:02

The OG xbox didn't do that well and they didn't turn a profit on the division till halo 3. So they might of took the hit balla, also you bring up another idea for a thread I had but that will wait for another day. Also I love gears it's a great game and was it a dramatic shift to online, it's only now everything has to be online pretty much and the dreamcast launched 15 years ago with online.

Talking about SEGA I'd tell them not to make the 32x, I would still keep the CD as it would make Nintendo partner with Sony. But most of all this especially how it was launched.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: If I could turn back time   If I could turn back time EmptySun 7 Sep 2014 - 19:35

I would go back and nuke whichever tool came up with the idea of region locking. Or alternatively whoever at Sony thought segmenting PSN into the regional mess it is was a good idea.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: If I could turn back time   If I could turn back time EmptySun 7 Sep 2014 - 19:42

Sam Beckett is a better time traveller.

If I could turn back time 51BMGY3AVNL
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: If I could turn back time   If I could turn back time EmptySun 7 Sep 2014 - 21:06

Silver light wrote:
I would go back and nuke whichever tool came up with the idea of region locking.

It's such an obvious idea that it appears in my financial studies materials.  If they hadn't, somebody else would.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: If I could turn back time   If I could turn back time EmptyMon 8 Sep 2014 - 20:13

... Cher?

My money (for time is money, so the reverse must be true) would be spent on stopping the closure of NGamer. A close second would be Nintendo buying a controlling stake in Rare instead.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: If I could turn back time   If I could turn back time EmptyTue 9 Sep 2014 - 12:23

You're such a luddite, Balls Man  Balladeer Dance

I'd probably just buy some stock cleverly and reap the rewards Grin
Maybe warn Nintendo how badly they'd underestimated development times on HD games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If I could turn back time   If I could turn back time Empty

Back to top Go down

If I could turn back time
Page 1 of 1