We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Muss
Athrun888
JayMoyles
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyWed 6 Dec 2017 - 22:03

I'm taking it to be a tribute to the great Rowan Atkinson. Not even the facts will get in the way of this belief. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyThu 7 Dec 2017 - 18:26

Alas, poor injoke.  Driven into the ground before its time. Drama queen Dead horse

(Seriously, at least keep the game name in the title!)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyThu 7 Dec 2017 - 18:45

Bob. Bob bob bob. Bobbobbob.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyThu 7 Dec 2017 - 18:46

Bob the Builder, Can he fix it?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyThu 7 Dec 2017 - 18:51

Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 Maxresdefault
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyFri 8 Dec 2017 - 20:46

Okay, but completely seriously, please can we at least have the game name in the title? I'm thinking of people like Athrun, who don't keep up with the discussion and will come in here having no idea what's happened to the thread. As well as the hypothetical new person I'm still vainly hoping will turn up and participate...

Might also get the discussion back onto the game? I know I said I'd stay away from the topic, but I really want to read more people's thoughts about XC2! (Just not their spoilery thoughts.) I'm really hoping it gets people back into the series, after the... debatable (shall we say) quality of XCX.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Dec 2017 - 21:03

Woohoo, I've got it! And the accents are terrible. So is the collision detection. Slow-burner, I'm sure...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Dec 2017 - 22:23

'Collision detection' is what we called it when I was young. Isn't the phenomenon called 'hitboxes' now? Eh?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Dec 2017 - 1:14

Snowballadeer wrote:
Woohoo, I've got it!  And the accents are terrible.  So is the collision detection.  Slow-burner, I'm sure...

I Love Nia's Welsh Accent
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Dec 2017 - 9:24

The Welsh accent's alright. Several of the others... aren't.

ZeroJones wrote:
'Collision detection' is what we called it when I was young. Isn't the phenomenon called 'hitboxes' now? Eh?

At the moment I'm talking about inanimate objects. It is, I think, the curse of coming to this game after BotW and SMO, where even jumping on a table causes the crockery to bounce/scatter in a sensible way.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Dec 2017 - 10:02

Sounds like me and my sandwich all over again.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Dec 2017 - 11:05

Except it's not ruining things for me.

Snowballadeer wrote:
Once you realise the secret reason for Pyra's dress sense, you will be ashamed of your words and deeds.

Still say this should be a tagline. She's ridiculous. I do like her voice actor though. And Rex's animation is great.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Dec 2017 - 11:37

I am extremely unhappy with my fun title being ruined in the name of completely hypothetical nonexistant concerns.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Dec 2017 - 12:34

I actually changed it because you didn't explain the joke.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Dec 2017 - 12:42

The game name's in the title and so's the in-joke.  Best of both worlds, surely?  

Jin and Malos: pantomime villains.  I'm sure there'll be more to them than meets the eye, 'tis the way of such games.  Or maybe they'll just roar 'AEGIS BOI' at Rex later on the game.

That cut-scene was a banger though. Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyWed 27 Dec 2017 - 0:03

Well, no, I was going to buy the game today but this has put me off.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyWed 27 Dec 2017 - 10:35

Shame, I think you'd get more out of Pyra's dress sense than I do. Winky Face Seriously, she alone makes it not a game to play in front of the family over Christmas...

Also I've decided that Jin and Malos are fictionalised versions of our very own J&M.  Makes them less theatrically villainous. When he's not trying to kill Rex and sneering in an American accent, Malos likes to play on his Dreamcast.

Reached the first big area now.  It's beautiful. Love Lovely music, too!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyThu 28 Dec 2017 - 20:57

I got this for Christmas! ...but I've decided to give Xenoblade Chronicles on 3DS a proper bash first. I think I'm hooked - I spent hours just doing random sidequests and wandering around Colony 9 looking for little nooks and crannies. And now I've reached Gaur Plain... I'll see you all next year. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyThu 28 Dec 2017 - 21:21

Ooft, you've got a treat to look forward to sir!  See you around!

Mia remains great.  Pyrah remains ridiculous.  I've also met Brighid, who is equally stupidly dressed.  And I know there's at least one more to come. No I've also hit the point of the game where the side-quests start being a couple of levels above mine. Mad
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptySun 31 Dec 2017 - 9:43

Sorry for the DoPo, but for all the mixed press XC2 has got, I'd like to celebrate how it improves on two things dramatically from XC1 (and X): the glowy crystalline pick-ups, and the lack of chests, meaning exploration will rarely outright reward you. XC2's Collection Points and salvaging are a big step up from the scattered glowy bits and bobs; and, well, it has the Treasure Troves. So, on the gameplay front at least, that's two thumbs up already.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 Jan 2018 - 20:28

I've got this! And I'm playing it! Shocked

I'm about four hours in, on the quest to make my way to a big town by going through a massive plain. My first impressions are that the soundtrack is what Breath of the Wild deserved, the visuals are no better than what they'd have been on Wii U, the accents are bollocks, and the cutscenes and combat are very boring. Seriously, does the combat get any better? I'm leathering Lv. 8/9/10 monsters and all my battles are going the exact same way. Also, how do you defend yourself? This game does a rubbish job of explaining itself by the way - the tutorials haven't helped at all.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 Jan 2018 - 20:44

Who are you and what have you done with the real Cappa?! I need proof of life before I start negotiating ransom demands... Pale
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 Jan 2018 - 21:13

Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 DQmZW5twSfHX3ygxKH4rGig6os33YMMiWUg71eyn88k9vjo

Unfortunately, I reckon this is going to be a short-lived affair - while I'd love you to get on with this, Cappa, I just can't see it happening.  The cut-scenes only get longer.  The battle system does get better - you get more party members, and a bunch more weapons to use (if you can figure out how to do so, the tutorials I will agree ain't all that).  But I don't know if that'll give it the level of variety you desire.  As for defending yourself, you can't really.  You can only heal.

I will defend at least one accent, though: Nia's is brilliant.  (Genuine Welsh voice actress - genuine Scottish ones too.)  Although I couldn't find how to turn on the Japanese voices. Eh? Anyway I got used to them.  Five's accent is grand as well.

I'm on chapter eight, and getting my backside handed to me by
I guess spoiler?:
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 Jan 2018 - 22:00

There's no chance that those are genuine Scottish accents. I've never met anyone that's sounded like that.

I just fancied something different, and I got it for cheap. But, aye...it's the least enjoyable game I've played on the Switch so far. I keep playing, but I don't see it's appeal.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 EmptyTue 30 Jan 2018 - 22:03

There's at least one that's genuine... I can't speak for Padraig and his men.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: