Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Muss
Athrun888
JayMoyles
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptyTue 30 Jan 2018 - 22:06

Yeah, there were some army guys that just sounded like they were doing a Haggis MacHaggis impersonation. Shite.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptyWed 31 Jan 2018 - 21:20

The saddest thing is, if you've downloaded all the patches you'll be deprived of them bellowing 'THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME?' in proper haggisspeak. Here's what you could have heard.

Beautiful... and gone forever. Sad

Meanwhile, I just had a half-hour battle with a giant dragon. Satisfying now he's dead.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptyWed 31 Jan 2018 - 22:02

The Scottish accents were pretty miserable judging by the trailer, so no major surprise there! Laughing

I'll get round to this someday...
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 20:20

Ending spoilers - may be read by some of you, some day...:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptyFri 9 Feb 2018 - 20:50

Apologies for the DoPo: next week, XC2's getting a patch that adds a New Game + mode, and a couple of tweaks that iron out some of my remaining issues with the base game.  Ninty Life's gone a teensy bit spoilery on content, so I thought I'd copy and edit their text below:

Update contents:

Nice support, chaps. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 18:19

Some DLC on the way!

I still haven't even turned on the game . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 18:21

The original took me ages. I'm not sure I'm ready to jump back in...

...oh who am I kidding, I'll buy it. And complain about the skimpy character outfits. It'll probably last longer than most Switch games to be honest.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 20:51

The DLC will have a stand-alone retail release, that it has to be rather substantial, that I'm thinking this will sort be like what was done with Witcher 3.
Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 DfgpBlnUcAAjsZ0

I need to go back to the main game but found it to be a bit muh and found a few JPRGs after Persona 5 to also feel muh, not just this. On JRPGs anyone played the Shining Resonance Refrain demo? and are peeps going to play the new Octopath one?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptyTue 12 Jun 2018 - 21:01

I'll likely just be buying Octopath I'm afraid.

Also, this is basically Xenoblade Chronicles 2.5 then? Makes the Direct look a bit better in that case!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 9:59

More info that yes that is retail but is only a voucher inside to download the expansion and you need the core game, so it is still sort like Witcher 3 as you could buy the expansions at retail but on a disc but all it did was install it to the console and you needed the core game still. The difference is one was a disc you installed and the other is a code.

Which is a shame if you got no internet which would have been the big benefit of Witcher 3 but then I guess Switch doesn't have installing like a PC, PS4 or Xbox.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 18:35

Balladeer wrote:
 And complain about the skimpy character outfits.  

Hah, funny you say that - I saw a clip on Twitter of a DLC costume... a sweater for Pyra to cover her up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 Jun 2018 - 20:05

Hashtag day one buy. I saw a couple of other details as well that are nice Easter eggs...

Spoiler:

masofdas wrote:
More info that yes that is retail but is only a voucher inside to download the expansion and you need the core game...

Bleah.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptyThu 14 Jun 2018 - 22:30

The keeps changing and now I'm hearing it is standalone on a cart but also comes with the expansion voucher which this comes with.

Basically, it seems you're getting what you get from owning the main game buying the expansion pass of the eShop but if you pay £10 more you get a cart and able to play the new story on its own.

But who knows this could all change again.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 22:49

Double Post after nearly 4 years, as I've started Torna which I can confirm the Torna game is on the cartridge and a voucher for the rest of the expansion pass (which mine hasn't been used but I don't have XC2).

Why here as I'm about 2hrs in and enjoying it so far, and now know what Balla means about likes of Mythra.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 22:50

Ahhhhh, that's the context for your TOH Discord comment! Yep Mythra's costume is immensely stupid. Glad you're enjoying a Xenoblade after all this time Mas. Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 22:58

I might have to change my name to same as yours with SMTV, Pokemon Legends and now Xenoblade Torna all the RPGs almost right after each other.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 12:44

Double post

So Mythra now in her SMASH costume, and I've got a nice little party of nine people.

I'm liking it a lot, even the combat system, which from EofGiz says has been refined. Now 9hrs into it, forced to do sidequests, I know peeps joke about me and I normally avoid as most not great, which Torna is a great example of this as most stuff like go get 10 of X then bring back to me.

They don't really add anything, compared to let's say Outer Worlds you do them to learn about the characters with you etc

Why couldn't I have a Mythra sidequest for instance.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 9:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 0:24

In the first at least, I saw the sidequest as a slightly more focused way to grind, rather than bashing a bazillion monsters. They aren't great though, I agree.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 21:52

The side-quests in the first were particularly bad because you had large areas like Agniratha where loads of people would give you loads of side-quests, at different times of day - and some were missable. A completionist's nightmare.

XC2 is at least somewhat better, in that it highlights the glowy things you need to pick up for your current quest. That's one big reason I prefer the second game, despite its sometimes problematic art.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 12:44

Balladeer wrote:

XC2 is at least somewhat better, in that it highlights the glowy things you need to pick up for your current quest.  That's one big reason I prefer the second game, despite its sometimes problematic art.

The Definitive Edition of the first game does this too, for what it's worth.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptyFri 18 Feb 2022 - 21:15

That is possibly the big reason why part of me wants to buy and play XCDE, even though I've already played most of it. Must... stay... strong...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptyFri 18 Feb 2022 - 22:41

I kinda do as well Balla, but as said in last game finished as I'll get XC3, I don't need XC1 or XC2 at the moment.

Also seen XC3 will being back orbs, which guess is the flowers or fish whatever I've been stopping to pick up along the way playing Torna.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptySun 20 Feb 2022 - 12:29

Balladeer wrote:
That is possibly the big reason why part of me wants to buy and play XCDE, even though I've already played most of it.  Must... stay... strong...

To be honest it's a big reason why I finished XCDE and never finished the original - it removes quite a lot of the bloat.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptyMon 21 Feb 2022 - 20:24

...yep my strength is not going to last out on this one. Shifty
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 EmptyFri 25 Feb 2022 - 19:56

masofdas wrote:
I don't need XC1 or XC2 at the moment.

Umm yeah about that, I may have picked up both XC and XC2 on Switch, which likely won't be played for a while and I'll end up with a weird played order of Torna, XC3, XC1, XC2 or maybe XC2 before 1 as I liked Torna and want to see what happens to Jin etc.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc   Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Xenboblade 2: Throw a few more bob at us for the dlc
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: