We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo

Go down 
+8
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Balladeer
masofdas
Buskalilly
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 23:49

Tried to tackle my first Chapter 2 boss (with Therion) today and it was a long fight that I eventually lost. I can definitely see there being grinding issues here... Decided to start tackling Tressa's which is a level lower, so fingers crossed...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 23:49

My team of basically the same as Jay's due to how the characters are located on the map as my starting character was Tressa. Do you think the game raises enemies level based on your level / party as I don't know how you could do the boss at the end of Chapter 1 of Ophelia, without help.

Now heading towards the Hunter and going around that way of the map for now.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 23:50

It does, you see the recommended level for each of the characters on the world map go up when you pick up the next character.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 23:57

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Tried to tackle my first Chapter 2 boss (with Therion) today and it was a long fight that I eventually lost. I can definitely see there being grinding issues here... Decided to start tackling Tressa's which is a level lower, so fingers crossed...

Could be worth changing your strategy up or something along those lines instead of grinding - most RPG bosses can be overcome with some strategy, so long as the level gap isn't too high. Having said that, I've not used fast travel at all yet as I'm concerned about not being levelled up for encounters such as the one you're describing - might as well get some extra XP along the way.

masofdas wrote:
I don't know how you could do the boss at the end of Chapter 1 of Ophelia

I actually restarted after picking Ophelia the first time to rock with Cyrus, and redoing this boss fight with two characters actually changed some things about the fight beyond the damage the boss was doing. It was definitely getting more turns than when I was fighting it solo with Ophelia and it also spawned an additional grunt during the fight - it only spawned one when it was Ophelia by herself.

That fight was pretty easy even with Ophelia by herself anyway as you can rope one of the guards from the cave entrance along for the ride with her path action, then summon the guard every chance you get during the fight. The guard's effective against the boss as well, so you'll get extra breaks on it too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 23:59

It was a case that my non-main characters were significantly under levelled, like 5-7 too low.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 0:01

Hm. I guess it's going to be worth rotating them out to keep them as close to each other in level as possible.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 0:01

I had to deal with three grunts but were easy to take down. I'm really liking the battle system in this.

Also at the moment out of my three stories only Ophelia's seems to have real meaning to the world.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 0:04

JayMoyles wrote:
Hm. I guess it's going to be worth rotating them out to keep them as close to each other in level as possible.
I'm thinking that having done so might have been my problem. Everyone is around level 15-20 whereas if I'd stuck to a few mains it might've allowed me to just have 1 weak link.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 0:08

I think that's why I've read some reviews talking about mains and doing one or two stories to completion due to level maybe. As sticking to the same bunch would keep levels up to do there chapters.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 16:15

That's me wrapped up Tressa's first chapter and with it recruited my third party member. I do like the varying scales of seriousness and importance that each traveller's story seems to have. Ophelia's all about this holy and sacred pilgrimage and then Cyrus is like "I must find this book so I can read it". Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 16:18

Yep, why I'm less inclined to do his and for Tressa, she just wants to be a travelling merchant which she would get by following Ophelia.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 16:20

I'd imagine they'll ramp up in seriousness - there was a shadowy figure following Cyrus when he left town, and Tressa's clearly going to get involved with that pirate dude again. Humble beginnings, as they say!
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 18:27

I've cracked and picked this up today! I've gone for Olberic to begin with as I liked him in the first demo and would like to see where his story goes!

Overall how is everyone finding the game so far?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 22:20

I'm really digging it. It feels like I've barely tapped the surface even with 4 of the 8 travellers recruited.

Olberic is a solid first pick - he was my most recent acquisition and he's already caught up to the other three by systematically crippling his entire village in one on one duels. Except that bow lady by the tavern... she is brutal. Shocked
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 22:23

I've just got to my 5th character, I can see what Andy means about going to have under leveled characters and some hard decisions on who to drop part from the locked character.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 22:30

I'm trying to plot out a route like any good traveller should. I'm down by Primrose just now, but I'm planning to snake my way round the map to recruit the others - after that, I'll see who's levelled up the highest and make a beeline for their next chapter.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 22:37

I've not really plotted a route I've just headed to the nearest one next. My probs now is I can't change Tressa as she's locked in, Cryrus has all the spells and Philly can heal that even though Han is cool, she seems the least useful.

That I've dropped her to do Theons chapter 1 but I plan to rotate him out and Han back in, then head to the next character and do the same.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptyTue 17 Jul 2018 - 11:20

After failing at a second boss my tactic is to travel to each of the next chapters towns getting XP along the way. I've almost got the gang up to level 20.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptyTue 17 Jul 2018 - 11:42

That's what I'm doing and swapping Han back in each time for journey between character stories.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptyTue 17 Jul 2018 - 15:20

masofdas wrote:
My probs now is I can't change Tressa as she's locked in, Cryrus has all the spells and Philly can heal that even though Han is cool, she seems the least useful.

Yeah I'm finding it difficult to swap Ophilia out due to the importance of healing too and Cyrus's damage with the high level spells is too good to pass up. I'm fortunate enough that he's my locked in protagonist, so I can at least have a revolving door for two others.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Jul 2018 - 12:03

I've now done all 8 characters first chapter and just passed 10hrs.

My team now is Tressa as shes locked in, Ophilia because of healing, Cyrus as he has all the spells and Primrose as I think she has the best story out of the rest.

I do like Alf and will replace Ophilia when her story is done, just he does seem a little more complicated for the heals.

Now it's on to Chapter 2's this is where it gets interesting as Tressa whos' been in my party from the start and done 8 chapters with / 10hrs with her is only on level 15, her Chapter 2 is level 22. I know you're going to tell me to go grind but that seems miles away, I would get it if she was on level 18 or 20 with a few to go and Ophilia is the close to her Chapter 2 level that likely is her next.

Also from here on out I don't know if I'm going to go do all of let's say so all of Ophelia's chapters and finish the game (if reviewers etc can say one story is finishing the game because I guess you get credits, so can I, just wouldn't have beaten or 100% the game) or do her Chapter 2 then do Primroses Chapter 2 much I like did with the chapter 1's then the next character but with how the levelling works.

If I do everyone's Chapter 2 whos in my party, I don't how I'm going to get the ones left in the tavern level-up to 20 odd as they'd nowhere part from grinding to earn Exp, that I do think the game is set out that you do one character you drop them bring in another than do the same and you carry that party member to there level.

I'm hoping that the levels don't go like they did in chapter 1's based on my parties level as it be a nightmare if chapter 2 of the last character in bringing in is like level 40 odd.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Jul 2018 - 20:38

I don't understand how your main character can be so low levelled after you've picked up all the travellers - I've still to finish with Therion's story and then I need to go pick up H'aanit, but Cyrus is LVL 21 at this point. Granted, I got lucky with one of those rare cat enemies that give you tons of XP, but that only gave him two levels from 15 to 17. Have you been exploring in each dungeon and area for the treasure chests? I've not had to grind at all so far by doing that along the way and taking on every encounter whilst doing so.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Jul 2018 - 21:38

Yeah been looking for chests where I've been and fought every battle. The weirdest thing is Tressa who I started with is a lower level than Cyrus and Philly, along with her level barely moving from 15 for ages and Philly who I got 3rd is my highest levelled character.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Jul 2018 - 21:56

Not sure how you've managed to be so low level, im on my 4th character and im already sat at lvl 14! I am doing a fair bit of exploration between the story towns but not really going out of my way to grind!

How many hours are you on out of interest?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 EmptyWed 18 Jul 2018 - 22:04

No idea how I've done it and Berg who've I only done his chapter 1 with is already level 12 yet Tressa is 15 that I do think something isn't quite right, especially as I'm able to beat bosses rather easily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo   Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Octopath Traveller: Square Enix also celebrating the Year of the Octoling/Octopath 2: Octopus Boogaloo
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next