We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa

Go down 
+2
Buskalilly
masofdas
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa Empty
PostSubject: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 16:57

I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa I-AM-Setsuna

If Puyo Puyo Tetris gets a thread then this now confirmed digital launch title can get one of this Square Enix studio Tokyo RPG Factory homage to games such as Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI.

I almost picked this up for PS4 on launch but was put off by the price sort at £32.99, I was pleased it was discounted being a digital only title in the west where in Japan it is a retail game on PS4 and VITA.

I would sooner have payed £39.99 for a physical version on PS4 or VITA, I think I may have preferred it on VITA as it looked like a game I'd sooner play on the go but I hear it didn't run well and why we didn't get hear in the west on VITA.

Now however that its coming to Switch, I'm tempted to get it as part from Zelda this is the best game confirmed for launch but like the PS4 it's digital only in the west, where in Japan its getting a physical version DAMN YOU! .

We do get a exclusive DLC coming to Switch called Temporal Battle Area, where we can battle our teams against each other.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 17:08

Is this the one with the snow? Bitsocket said it was good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 17:10

It is the one with the snow, its meta is 75ish with likes of Jimmy Sterling saying a bit to safe and predictable.

I don't see nothing wrong with that, so your trying to be FFVI or Chrono Trigger and this is your first game you've made, yeah I think I would play it safe.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 17:32

Yeah - I'm in. It looks great and as soon as you mention Chrono Trigger and FFVI, you're talking about genre greats in my era. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 17:41

ZeroJones wrote:
Yeah - I'm in. It looks great and as soon as you mention Chrono Trigger and FFVI, you're talking about genre greats in my era. Thumbs Up!

I've seen some reviews talk about FFX and Xenogears as well.

If you do want a review (look at the guys name)
Got a second view if you want one but its not a review.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 23:53

The name makes me think of a Satsuma.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 20:54

I've heard and seen literally nothing about this, but by pure merit of coming to the Switch, I'll probably give it a look now to see if I'm keen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 21:01

Yup, same. I have heard of it, although its association with Chrono Trigger puts me off rather than anything else, but because it's about at launch and not many other JRPGs will be, I'll probably pick this up.

geddit because you can pick the Switch up and pla- right yes sorry I'll stop now
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyThu 16 Feb 2017 - 16:14

New Trailer and now its got French, its like they've made it for Zero
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyThu 16 Feb 2017 - 20:11

Zut alors! :choc:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyThu 16 Feb 2017 - 20:13

Je suis Setsuna.
This does look very pretty. I may pick it up if I find myself with a dearth of shiny new Switch games. I'm holding off on buying or playing any indie darlings at the moment in the hope they're Switchward bound.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyThu 16 Feb 2017 - 20:18

Drunkalilly wrote:
Je suis Setsuna.
This does look very pretty. I may pick it up if I find myself with a dearth of shiny new Switch games. I'm holding off on buying or playing any indie darlings at the moment in the hope they're Switchward bound.

Huh this is Switch bound on Day One that it ticks both boxes.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyThu 16 Feb 2017 - 21:50

masofdas wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:
Je suis Setsuna.

Huh this is Switch bound on Day One that it ticks both boxes.

I doubt Drunka will go for it on day one with Zelda there to play...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyFri 17 Feb 2017 - 9:22

Sure I did see that but beyond Zelda their is a bit of dearth of shiny new Switch games of real quality but I found the second statement the most confusing

Holding off on buying or playing any indie darlings at the moment in the hope they're Switchward bound.

This is not a indie game or that much of darling but seems odd to bring up, when this is Switch bound.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyFri 17 Feb 2017 - 11:43

I was making conversation mas. I Am Setsuna, like other videogames, I haven't picked up elsewhere but may pick up on Switch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyFri 17 Feb 2017 - 11:48

Just didn't make sense to me, mate.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptySun 19 Mar 2017 - 0:29

I've played an hour or two of this so far. My initial reaction to it is that it's decent, but I'm not going to be raving about it any time soon. The best thing about is so far is its setting and the soundtrack. There's something hauntingly beautiful about its snowy world, and I think the piano-driven soundtrack really helps add to that. More thoughts to come.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptySun 19 Mar 2017 - 8:04

That tallies with the reviews I've seen, Jay - goodish but not great. Our very own fronkhead tweeted that it's got a physical release in Japan, with the English and French translations on the cart (in addition to the Japanese one, natch). I'm going to grab it whilst I'm on my honeymoon with the lovely Jo. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptySun 19 Mar 2017 - 14:58

I've played I would same amount as Jay and this is a 7 game, you're going to enjoy it but in 5 years time when we are hopefully looking at a new Nintendo Hardware, we won't remember it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyWed 22 Mar 2017 - 21:18

It's funny you mentioned the French translation, Zero. I ran into a weird translation bug for a couple of the game's item descriptions that are in French rather than in English, which was bizarre.

Here, have a look.

I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa C7jveo10
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyWed 22 Mar 2017 - 23:18

How... bizarre. And, because I need to exercise the French muscle...

"Allows the use of Dreambreaker. Inflicts physical damage [Null] to all enemies close to the target. Could also inflict Confusion and Dizziness."
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyThu 30 Mar 2017 - 21:32

Thankfully, the abilities are properly translated in battle itself, but it was still puzzling when I first came across that! Most of my French has left me, but with context and some remaining bits of vocabulary I was able to piece it together. Thumbs Up!

This is a short one, this one. I'm approaching game's end - well, I've got oodles of side content to jump onboard, but it's by no means compulsory for beating the game - and I've only spent 12 or 13 hours on it. It's refreshing actually to come across a JRPG that's on the shorter side for once.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyThu 30 Mar 2017 - 21:51

I could do with something like that. A palate cleansing RPG is almost a contradiction in terms for a guy who grew up in the RPG duration arms race, where games in the genre were judged almost purely on how long they were. Also, the ones I've played most recently are going to take between 80 and 100 hours.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyThu 30 Mar 2017 - 22:17

I think it works well because it's fairly easy, bar a couple of trickier fights, and I've not felt the need to grind or anything. Perhaps if you ran past all the enemies you'd have to grind, but taking on the enemies in each area results in a very gentle difficulty curve.

It's the definition of 7/10 game otherwise, to be honest, as the story is nothing to write home about and the combat is relatively simplistic, but it's still worth your time I'd say.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa EmptyThu 30 Mar 2017 - 22:21

I'll be glad to see the back of people conflating length with value.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa   I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa Empty

Back to top Go down

I Am Setsuna AKA I'm not for Cappa
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next