We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
Rum
NintenDUCK
shanks
Solve My Maze
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Muss
Buskalilly
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) Empty
PostSubject: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 11:22

All right chuffsters, it's time for this forum classic.  (No it's not too early, we've got two months before E3 at which I'd expect at least SSB4Switch to appear.)  There's been a lot of talk around SSB4 coming to Switch in some form or other, and of course we'll be expecting an all-new new Smash at some point.  What do you think will appear?  What do you want to appear?

Given what they've done with MK8D, I'd expect SSB4S to be similar: all the DLC characters and courses, probably from both versions of the game, but not much else.  I'd expect Smash Run and (for the five people who care) Smash Tour to make an appearance, but no all-new modes.  And if that's the case, I may well hold off to avoid Smash fatigue.

As for Smash 5, the Inklings are surely a dead cert?  One thing I'd like to see is either a revamped Link, or an all-new variant of Link.  BotW changed his capabilities so dramatically, and I'd like to see that reflected.  As a bare minimum, bombs -> remote bombs, boomerang becoming the Lizal variant, and a cooking taunt.  Also Ridley, natch.

What are you hoping for/expecting?  Or do you think I'm too optimistic expecting Smash some time this year at all?  (EDIT: Yup!)

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 12 Jun 2018 - 17:50; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 11:43

I think SMASH Deluxe is a certainty, especially with 3 amiibo still to come (4 according to a patent). I reckon they'll announce at E3 the amiibo and the game to come this year, sure it is another port but for pretty much everyone that didn't buy a Wii U, this and Kart 8D are new games also if you end the year at Christmas with Zelda, Arms, Spla2n, Kart 8D, SMASHED, Odyssey along with anything else that is a strong line-up for year one.

Does beg the question when will Kart 9 and SMASHV come to Switch and not feel like it's to soon or to late.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 14:04

Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Switch late this year or early next (by the end of March, say). Then much like you said, Balla: all DLC (and no trousers Nah nah! ). As for V, I will continue my ongoing championing of Paper Mario. He's got more than enough history to warrant it by now.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 14:23

Personally I feel the franchise needs a new direction, one that it is already heading in.  Therefore I hope to see the name changed to "Fire Emblem Fighters, feat Super Smash Bros", and demand the additions of Hector, Sumia, Tiki, and the two Valentia protagonists to the roster!  Also Corrin's default set to the female, because lets be real here, male Corrin is a terrible unlikeable person in Fates that nobody plays anyway.

But seriously though it's about damn time they gave Ganondorf his own moveset, the guy's been a mage and had two very distinct swordsman styles now and his being a terrible Falcon clone is a disservice to the character.  For pities sake even fans have made good Ganondorf movesets.  

Also on that note it's about time that Metroid, Star Fox, and F-Zero all received a new addition to the roster.  We lost Wolf who was a perfectly good character, Metroid's got an easy addition in Dark Samus (who can be as different as they want to be creative), and while I'm not exactly familiar with F-zero I'm sure something could be done with Blood Falcon or that Shadow dude.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 16:19

I think Smash for Switch is likely, bundling all the content from 3DS and Wii U with all the DLC and maybe an added Inkling or someone to sweeten the deal?
Outside possibility: Melee HD or at the very least a VC release, separate, tied in with or included with the 4 re-release.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 16:22

No one would ever play SMASHED, if Melee gets the HD treatment as you think if it did it have online and who knows Nintendo might even do that with VC games beyond the confirmed online for SNES games
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 16:58

More characters/ stuff/ graphics would win it for me. I don't play Smash at the sort of level where whatever rubbish people are on about when they say melee is better ever bothers me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 17:03

I just find Melee more fun to play still and if it had online even the GameCube version, then that would win it for me.

Sure SMASHED having more charcters and better graphics but sooner have the gameplay of Melee.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 18:29

Really can't see SSBMHD happening anyway so the point feels moot. They might dump the original version on VC with online for a month though, but like Drunka I couldn't give less of a capsule throw.

Athrun888 wrote:
Personally I feel the franchise needs a new direction, one that it is already heading in.  Therefore I hope to see the name changed to "Fire Emblem Fighters, feat Super Smash Bros", and demand the additions of Hector, Sumia, Tiki, and the two Valentia protagonists to the roster!  Also Corrin's default set to the female, because lets be real here, male Corrin is a terrible unlikeable person in Fates that nobody plays anyway.

You laugh... No On the anime swordperson front though, I am hoping for characters from at least XCX, if not XC2, to make their appearances, à la Shulk.

Also we still need Ridley, K. Rool, and somebody new from Starfox (would like to see a new F-Zero game before a new F-Zero fighter). I agree with Ganondorf, but I think the time for that has passed now: Sakurai likes Falcondorf and that's that. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 19:03

Why would they take the online away after a month? Even Nintendo aren't that daft.

If Melee did happen, it could split the Switch userbase as I know Jay still finds Melee still to have the better gameplay, not sure about anyone else on here but I know a lot of people stoll prefer Melee.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 22:46

You get the game for a month, but presumably if you then decide to buy it the online functionality is still there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 22:49

Yeah that's right and at the moment it's only SNES games. I think I may have misunderstood what Balla meant.

If I had a choice of buying VC Melee with Online and playing that or SMASHED then I would pick Melee every time unless everyone picked SMASHED which makes even Melee having online pointless, if got no one to play with.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017 - 14:57

I can't see too much in the way of new stuff being added to a port of SSB4 - perhaps one new character at a push, which I reckon will likely end up being the Inkling. It'll launch with almost all the DLC, but I can see them not bundling in the Mii costumes.

As for a proper new Smash Bros., I don't think we'll see that for a couple of years. Wasn't Sakurai talking about feeling really burned out after SSB4?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017 - 20:06

I'm guessing there's no way he'll let go of it, Smash is his baby; but he might have closer support of a younger team for this one.  (Of course, he still looks about 25...)

I'd imagine the Miis would return for SSB4D, but I can see them being dropped for SSB5.  Got to admit, I won't miss them.  They weren't great.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017 - 22:01

The Mii's were underwhelming, but I wouldn't mind seeing them return. A few tweaks and they'll probably be aright. I'd sooner see the Ice Climbers return though, never been any good with them but their novelty makes then worthy inclusions for me. There's just something amusing about watching an AI Icey boy trying to follow me about. That and we're not getting hampered by a 3ds release anymore, right?

I'd love a wacky new f-zero character but that's not happening at this point considering the state of the franchise. Inklings are a must, and depending on when the game comes out, the introduction of some ARMS fellow would be nice too. I think their stretchyness would make them distinct enough from Little Mac.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017 - 22:12

Fun fact about the miis: My friend Bill made a character out of his mii, Bill Tho, and it was just utterly crap. Sometimes we'd use him in multiplayer for a joke. Then, earlier this year, one of my friends from work saw us in the pub and recognised Bill from Smash Bros.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017 - 22:21

Muss wrote:
That and we're not getting hampered by a 3ds release anymore, right?

Aye! So the question is, do we go back to transform-a-characters, or keep Rock Smash and Bouncing Fish?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptySun 16 Apr 2017 - 8:39

Jeez, I had to think about what Bouncing Fish was for a mo!

Seriously, don't even joke about this - no more FE characters! It shouldn't be that I can't recall the names of Smash Bros. characters. But I totally agree that Mr. Dorf needs a new set. And now is the best time to shove more Zelda characters in.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptySun 16 Apr 2017 - 13:25

Link's new Final Smash should involve at least one Divine Beast. And Sidon for an assist trophy.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptyMon 17 Apr 2017 - 21:34

Balladeer wrote:
Muss wrote:
That and we're not getting hampered by a 3ds release anymore, right?

Aye!  So the question is, do we go back to transform-a-characters, or keep Rock Smash and Bouncing Fish?

Keep the characters separate, I think. It just makes sense to give the characters an extra move and avoids the hassle of holding down R to pick Sheik rather than bloody Zelda.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptyTue 18 Apr 2017 - 1:05

I can not recall ever being secure in the knowledge of how to change between Zelda/Sheik or Samus/ZSS, so I'm happy for 'em to stay separate too. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptyTue 18 Apr 2017 - 1:13

Forgot about the one thing the wii smash had over the wii u: BONSLY, BRING BACK BONSLYYYYYYY
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptyTue 18 Apr 2017 - 8:15

Oh my god, yer boi Bonsly. What a lad. Destroyer of worlds.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017 - 22:25

Is Bonsly really not in SSB4? I could have sworn I'd ran into him in this, unless my memories of Brawl are meshing with my memories of SSB4.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017 - 22:31

Mr Saturn is in there, so you might be getting the two mixed up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)   Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This) Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Ridley Me This)
Page 1 of 32Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next