We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

Go down 
+10
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Jimbob
shanks
Dusty Knackers
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe Empty
PostSubject: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 11:56

Big news regarding this in yesterday's Nintendo Direct, with  Nintendo announcing that New Super Luigi U will be getting a standalone retail release, announced the US pricing ($19.99 download, $29.99 retail) and they also unveiled Mario's replacement. Most importantly, of course, was the news of the release dates: June 20th on eShop, July 26th at Beatties/Woolies/John Menzies and the rest.

We all liked New Super Mario Bros. U for what it was, right? It didn't reinvent the wheel as won't Luigi U, but it was good fun nonetheless.

So...who's in? Will you be buying this, an how?

Last edited by The Cappuccino Kid on Wed 9 Jan 2019 - 20:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : "Let's All Have A Bowl Of Lovely Fucking Trifle!")
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 12:38

I'm very intrigued that it gets a retail release over a whole month after the eShop, even if that is for obvious reasons. Giving this a physical release has shoved this into 'must buy' territory for me, where it would've been a 'pick up when I can afford it' piece if it were solely released as DLC.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 13:23

I just don't understand it, I thought it was meant to be DLC like any other, the price seems a bit steep though for what will essentially just be more NSMB. I'll see how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 13:35

If it comes out at a reasonable price over here, I'll be downloading it. As you say, NSMBU was good despite not being revolutionary, and so will this be no doubt. Only even less revolutionary, and harder.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptySat 18 May 2013 - 16:45

My estimate for this is £10 for the download, £20 for the physical, no idea if those guesses are at odds with the US pricing or not, but I think that's what they should be sold for.

I'll almost certainly be getting it, may even wait for the disc version (green case!).
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 2:02

I'll probably get this and give it ago again despite not finishing Mario U and not generally being a fan of these games
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 10:08

I can understand this. A lot of people just aren't on the internet. But obvs. I'll be getting the DLC download.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 15:07

I really want the disc version now, even though it'll mess up my pretty blue stack of cases. I suppose I can wait the extra month to play it. Fingers crossed it's no more than £25.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 16:29

treesmurf11 wrote:
I really want the disc version now, even though it'll mess up my pretty blue stack of cases. I suppose I can wait the extra month to play it. Fingers crossed it's no more than £25.
I want it specifically because it would be a snazzy, incongruous green case! I'm not in any hurry to download it, so I expect I will wait for the case
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptySun 19 May 2013 - 18:10

Physical trumps download in my world. As it's based on Mario - the best NSMB game, too, though that's a textbook definition of 'damning with faint praise' - I'll be picking it up as soon as. Erm, physically, that is.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptyMon 17 Jun 2013 - 12:08

Already confirmed for a midnight release on Thursday 20th, but it now has a price: £17.99

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/nintendo_download_20th_june_europe

That's better than I was expecting, truth be told. I'll download this week. How about you?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptyMon 17 Jun 2013 - 12:09

Yup!  Meaning I'm suddenly overgamed again, with this, Theatrhythm and my mayoral duties.  Ho hum.

It is maybe slightly more expensive than I'd have thought: £15 would have been the sweet spot for me, and £25 for the retail game.  But it's close enough.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptyMon 17 Jun 2013 - 12:50

I'll be waiting for the drop in price at retail as A) I'm still not done with NSMBU, B) I don't have any money anyway and C) I'm not paying over £20 for it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptyTue 18 Jun 2013 - 7:06

That's not too bad for, what was it, 82 levels? If Nintendo had released it as a pack of ten levels at a time, say, we'd have been happy to pay £2.25 or so per pack.

Still more interested in the retail version, though!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013 - 20:11

I genuinely feared £30 - cheers Phlips. I'll download this ASAP; NSMBU I think is my favourite NSMB, so more is definitely better.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013 - 10:11

Just downloaded this! Haven't played it yet, will probably wait until the missus gets home. I used two £15 eShop cards so I've got about 12 quid left on my Wii U.

If anything, I'm more excited about the Pro controller. Would have liked that from the start.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 1:28

Was very tempted to pick this up last night, but after purchasing a 3DS game I held off. Will be very interested in hearing what you all think of it, though. It's certainly on my watch list.

Always like Mario levels that don't play it safe.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 10:09

I downloaded this, and played through the first two worlds. Two things strike me: the brevity of each level, and the relative difficulty of each level. All signs point to this being a shorter, more difficult NSMBU. Business as usual otherwise though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 10:23

I played the first two levels before bed last night. Died loads. Seems like a nice second quest for NSMBU, basically. I wonder if it would be as hard if Luigi controlled like Mario?
Back to top Go down
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 21:55

Buskalilly wrote:
I played the first two levels before bed last night. Died loads. Seems like a nice second quest for NSMBU, basically. I wonder if it would be as hard if Luigi controlled like Mario?
This sounds hardcore, Lost Levels style. Luigi is incredibly irritating to control. I guess NSLU is designed to take into account how slippery-slidey he is. Has anyone had a glimpse of any of the bosses yet - if there are any?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptySat 22 Jun 2013 - 9:05

The reports on this so far are grand! For me, NSMBU was at its best when it was being challenging. Really looking forward to snapping it up. Grin
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptySun 23 Jun 2013 - 10:53

The release of this snuck up on me, though I'm holding out for the retail release in any case. The current Metacritic scores roundup is encouraging. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 16:23

Chris Schilling's excellent review and perspective on the game/DLC has put me off, it, really, and it does seem like a missed opportunity. Makes me wonder whether the 'newer' Mario team (who worked on NSMB 2) were behind this: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-24-new-super-luigi-u-review
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 17:19

Yup, I'll skip.

And in answer to nupkin's question, the bosses are exactly the same apart from the final boss, or so I've read.  Rubbish.

What's up with Nintendo on the Wii U so far?  Even Wario's usual tech. demo. offering sounds below standard. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 20:52

As far as I can see, the basic description of this is that it's the equivalent of The Lost Levels for NSMBU. That sounds right up my street; I'm still in for the retail release.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe   New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe Empty

Back to top Go down

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next