Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)

Go down 
+8
Treesmurf
Rum
JayMoyles
shanks
Balladeer
Muss
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 21:52

I almost want to get this now! Possibly the Paula/Ness/Lucas love triangle might have swung it...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyTue 22 Aug 2017 - 23:35

It's easy breezy fun - although, the game has just got a lot harder now that I've reached the second major area. The Paula/Lucas/Ness love triangle was a riveting storyline but...

Mother 3 early game spoilers:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Aug 2017 - 21:55

Another Miitopia round-up... this game is a treat:
Screenshots:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 May 2021 - 12:48

Surprised this hasn't been moved over to Switch with the game coming soon.

I'm yet to try the Switch demo but been a lot of buzz around it, so am giving a download. Yet if I do like it, does it have a story mode as a quick search seems it does have one & on HLTB about 30hrs?

Just from what I've seen it doesn't look like a game with a story mode but more whacky scenarios to pick up and play on the go for the 3DS or now Switch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 May 2021 - 20:41

Shifted!

I was becoming more intrigued due to the buzz Mas mentions, but I'm reminded just how apathetic us lot were when it released on 3DS - and this from a forum that liked Tomodachi Life when this still looks a lot like Tomodachi Life: The Campaign.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyFri 7 May 2021 - 16:03

Played the demo, and it was enjoyable but could see it getting boring after 30hrs though.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyFri 7 May 2021 - 18:22

Couldn't even get thirty minutes into the demo. I moved about about two minutes, made a Mii for about three and then spent the rest of my time stabbing A to get through the reams of shitey text.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyFri 7 May 2021 - 20:55

I suspect that you and I have different definitions of 'shitey text' Cappa.  Keen to know what others think of the writing, since it'll live and die on whether it's actually funny/interesting or not I suspect. (Could just play the demo. myself I suppose... Shifty )
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptySat 8 May 2021 - 22:22

Balladeer wrote:
I suspect that you and I have different definitions of 'shitey text' Cappa.  Keen to know what others think of the writing, since it'll live and die on whether it's actually funny/interesting or not I suspect.  (Could just play the demo. myself I suppose... Shifty )

In between battles, the dialogue is just random phrases that don't make a real conversation. The dialogue in the cutscenes, personally I found cute enough, and like I said in the other thread, it was nice to see British slang.

I've played this demo to the end now, and my boys have both completed it too. My 3-year-old can play this, including things like checking on the party at the inn. Both my kids continue to ask me to play it, and it making them happy is a big reason I like it.

Would I play this on my own? Probably not, but I do find the loop of battling, levelling up relationships, unlocking new moves and buying new gear kind of addictive, and I will be getting the game on release. I've had a lot more fun out of it than Pokemon Snap so far.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptySun 9 May 2021 - 18:31

My error, you had already said. Embarrassed The 'between battles' thing is not a good look though.

I think I am going to take a crack at the demo. since I have a week off, rather than asking people whether they think I'll like it. Shifty
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptySun 9 May 2021 - 20:48

Balladeer wrote:
My error, you had already said. Embarrassed The 'between battles' thing is not a good look though.

No worries. I guess you might tire of it pretty quick.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 May 2021 - 16:02

...yep, I did I'm afraid. My apologies to Cappa: I did indeed find the demo. to be bearing 'shitey text'. Given that Edgeworth being the worried mum to Sakuna's spoiled kid made me roll my eyes rather than smile, I suspect the game's not for me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 May 2021 - 16:41

I brought it up on the cast, on what you been playing and I talked myself out of getting it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)   Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miitopia (Finally, A Point to Miis on Switch)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2