We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On

Go down 
+7
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
ZeroJones
Balladeer
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Aug 2017 - 16:09

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I just wish I could see how I'd get on with the language barrier before buying...

Only if their was some sort of bite-sized chuck of the game you could try for free.

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Aug 2017 - 16:11

Bite size chunks regularly make you upgrade weapons and grind for a specific item...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Aug 2017 - 19:27

Aye it's definitely a valid worry but I think the Kiranico site could help us with most of it seeing as it already has the double cross database up.

---

Played the demo for a couple of hours there & all I done was test some weapons with the new styles against Great Maccao & Barioth, I really like both of them but with the language barrier it's tough to know what all the buffs/items do when using alchemy style which is a shame because I like playing a support role in MH games.

Anyway it's so damn good to have the series on the big screen again. Dance
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Aug 2017 - 21:31

Video of me playing the demo for the first time and since I've played a bit more and I think I'm going to play Sword & Shield with Striker Style/

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Aug 2017 - 10:41

I've only managed to get a couple of hunts in so far, killing the Great Maccao with my classic bushido style longsword. I just wanted to see how it feels playing on a big TV with a pro controller before I start changing things up.

It feels bloody amazing! This game looks great on the Switch screen after all those years on 3DS, and once I'm on the TV and gripping a proper good controller, oh my god. Extraordinary. The comparison I've made elsewhere is that it's like watching Star Trek The Next Generation on TV for years, then going to the cinema and seeing the same cast and universe with massive, amazing cinema visuals.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Aug 2017 - 12:43

Had my first go at Valfalk the other night & oh boy he's a tough one, the best I could do was cut his tail, faint twice then run out of time.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Aug 2017 - 12:55

I had a similar experience this morning with (what I assume is) Guild Longsword, except I just got the third death in before the timer went. Was totally out of potions! Nasty.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Aug 2017 - 14:28

I'm going to try out lance on him today at some point and see how I get on, also from left to right after the weapon selection the styles are: Guild, striker, aerial and adept.

The bottom two are Brave & Alchemy.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Aug 2017 - 14:40

On the styles am I right in thinking Guild is sort of a all-round, Striker is more about attacking, Aerial is well Aerial offense, Adept/Bushido is more technical then the new ones I got idea on Brave but I guess what Alchemy is.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Aug 2017 - 15:09

masofdas wrote:
On the styles am I right in thinking Guild is sort of a all-round, Striker is more about attacking, Aerial is well Aerial offense, Adept/Bushido is more technical then the new ones I got idea on Brave but I guess what Alchemy is.

Aye, sort of but some styles can remove certain moves or combos from a weapon as striker for example simplifies a lot of moves or reverts a weapon to how it used to play in an older MH game. It's big thing is it charges the arts gauges faster so you can use the hunter arts more often.

So....

Guild = All rounder & best starting point to learn a weapon.

Striker = simplified move set & all about using arts.

Aerial = explains itself but you DON'T just want to be spamming jump attacks

Adept/bushido = All about them dodges but you're right in saying it's technical because you need to know a monsters moves to use it effectively.

Brave = High risk & high reward.

Alchemy = Support as your using the barrel to provide yourself & the team with buffs but with the language barrier we'll never fully understand it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Aug 2017 - 15:26

Me picking Striker then, sort of makes with it being simplified and about the arts, which I loved pulling of those flashy moves.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2017 - 9:58

Thanks, guys, it seems 5 of you have bought eShop vouchers of PlayAsia (who's the 5th person as I can think of the 4 Mashers only) and I've got a few $ back myself as part of the affiliate program (I will hopefully get in the partner program soon now).

Anyway as I've got the funds, I'm going to order one of the MonHan Stories amiibo and give it away during Double Chris or something.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2017 - 10:40

Well, I've not bought any e shop voucher from there yet but I'll get on that today I think even though I've heard you don't always instantly get the code.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2017 - 10:41

I've had it the other day I bought a USA code, and I got sent the code before I paid lol
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptyWed 23 Aug 2017 - 17:21

I was worried for nothing about the codes being delayed but that didn't stop my Bank throwing a fit and thinking the transaction was fraudulent, anyhow my JPN e shop account is now stocked with enough Yen for MHXX. Dance
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptyFri 25 Aug 2017 - 19:13

Anyone know where I can buy japanese eShop cards to buy this? they seem to be sold out everywhere I've looked
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptyFri 25 Aug 2017 - 19:22

You are right, it seems PlayAsia out and I'm not sure if YesAsia normally do them but I can't find. I'm not sure about sites but you could try Amazon Jpn where you can by a digital code here or eBay or something and see if anyone is selling codes be eShop points or the game itself.

How's peeps finding it anyway?
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptyFri 25 Aug 2017 - 20:16

masofdas wrote:
You are right, it seems PlayAsia out and I'm not sure if YesAsia normally do them but I can't find. I'm not sure about sites but you could try Amazon Jpn where you can by a digital code here or eBay or something and see if anyone is selling codes be eShop points or the game itself.

Thanks, managed to buy it from Amazon Jpn Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptyFri 25 Aug 2017 - 20:39

mas wrote:

Much like I expected there's a bit of a barrier with the language but since I've played Gen and the series before I can guess where most of the menu stuff is so finding my way about is a lot easier than I thought it'd be. I'm mostly getting by with the weapon/armour upgrades by playing the matching game that Redmondstache mentions in this very handy video & using the Kiranico site for knowing what key quests I should be doing, my only real gripe is not knowing what foods I'm eating pre-hunt and I'll need to figure this out so I can eat for elemental resistances when I need them.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptySat 26 Aug 2017 - 23:10

What methods is everyone using to get past the Japanese? I'm been using the camera function of the Google Translate Android app which works well enough but it's pretty awkward having to get my phone out every few minutes. Other than that I've been using Kiranico for quests and armour info.
Is there a list of useful translations anywhere? I was thinking it would be a good idea to print them out and stick them up around my TV
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Aug 2017 - 6:46

Those are what I'm using, helps that I've been playing it every week for the last year and a bit, so I've got that level of familiarity, but things like food skills are just gonna be a problem I think.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Aug 2017 - 7:50

I've used Kiranico and Google Translate once or twice. For the most part, I've just been bashing through the quests without help. If I know I'm gathering a herb, I get a vague look at the name then find the one that looks similar. If it's a monster, I know what I'm doing from the picture.
Armour and weapons aren't a huge issue yet, so I'm just gathering everything I can and upgrading whenever it's possible. I've got a Great Maccao set and I look dapper as anything.

This is the first time I miss my old job; I cared less and had fewer hours at more reasonable times, so I could have been playing so much more Monster Hunter. I'm loving every second of playing in nice graphics, with proper analogue sticks and on my big TV.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Aug 2017 - 10:02

Made my first mistake because of the language last night, I sold the only mega pickaxes I had as I thought I was buying them. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Aug 2017 - 10:51

Found this site http://mhapi.info/translate/ which seems pretty useful
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Aug 2017 - 12:24

This is the one benefit of me being 5-14 days behind as you can all figure out what's what and where.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next