We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On

Go down 
+7
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
ZeroJones
Balladeer
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
masofdas
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 10:28

On paper it looks ideal yes but not everything is that simple & it really depends on what type of exclusivity deal Nintendo have with Capcom & if it is close to coming to an end but since it's impossible for us to know this stuff it's probably not worth discussing further than that right now seeing as MH5 is likely a year or 2 away.

Whatever system it happens to appear on I will be there playing it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 10:35

Hopefully the same if MHXX clicks with me but then I may not like MHXX but like a more western focused one.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 13:11

Quote :
.....but like a more western focused one.

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 Tenor
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 17:22

That's what Capcom said in financials they want to westernise the series, examples I can think off are MGSV and Final Fantasy XV on what they may mean.

Which I'm saying I may not like MHXX (In your case a FF before XV) but may like a western focused one (FFXV in your case, Jas as I think you may like that one).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 18:29

Did they? I'm thinking you may have misunderstood something tbh but if they did I don't see them making sweeping changes to the core elements of the series, not without a massive uproar from the community. (This was the same community that damn near lost it's mind when MH4 introduced jumping attacks & mounting monsters)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 18:33

It's how I took it, says something about making the game more accessible to the west or along those lines.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 19:18

At the end of it all, MH5 is likely a while off - I'd expect it on Switch if they're trying to coax players to buy a Switch with this XX port - so for the meantime, roll on XXS!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 20:15

Which seems to be soldout on PlayAsia already.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 20:20

As well as what Jay said about 5 being some way off, I think we're more likely to see Fronteir/ Online on PS4. No matter how keen they are to court Western audiences, they'd never throw away that handheld culture they have in Japan.

Fingers crossed, anyway. I never want to have to play a game on a non-hybrid machine ever again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 6:59

Blue Thunderlord Astalos looks sick as fuck!

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 DBNlzApUIAA5cx-

That is all.

EDIT: 3 options in how you activate your hunter arts

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 8:52

I never used the d-pad camera, so easy choice for me.

The monsters do look cool, and I reckon playing it for reals is gonna blow my dick off. As discussed elsewhere: I'm not playing my 3DS game side by side with the Switch one, so it's less of an obvious jump.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 9:11

It'll be option 2 for me, only because I'm slightly worried about how with option 1 (D-pad inputs) you'd be taking your thumb away from the left stick & that is needed for positioning during certain arts like absolute evasion/readiness.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 18:04

I can't see the difference Embarrassed

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 DBOzRFVXsAUEOiO
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 18:51

Let my mate Idris Elba show you the difference. Winky Face

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 95520720150105200019
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 19:24

The_Jaster wrote:
Let my mate Idris Elba show you the difference. Winky Face

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 95520720150105200019

Laughing I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't I can't
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 9:59

Which option is the 4K one as that's the only one I care about.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 11:57

Not even as a joke. No Sad
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 12:06

My bad.......I started it. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyFri 2 Jun 2017 - 12:50

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_mlj8gdrFNW1qz4rgp
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 0:11

The_Jaster wrote:

EDIT: 3 options in how you activate your hunter arts

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

I think I'll go for the D-Pad options myself.

I've been thinking about whether I'm going to start a totally fresh character or port my 3DS character over to the Switch. Considering we'll hopefully have a nice influx of new players from here, I'm likely going to opt to start afresh to experience the whole game in shiny Switch mode. I think I'm going to try out a new weapon too - currently thinking about either trying out Dual Blades or bringing my Greatsword "prowess" over from MH4U.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 6:39

I think it makes the most sense to do both. That's a hell of a lot of progress to chuck & it can be a bit of a slog to get through some of the early stuff, especially if most of the new content will be end game, but yeah a newer character is good for playing with the noobs.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 11:50

Yeah I wouldn't want to give up my character & there will still be a tonne of stuff to do G rank wise plus I think we've still got a fair bit to do in HR7 anyway. So if we do have new people joining us I'll make a second character.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 12:30

Can the Japanese game play with the English one, do you reckon? Maybe I'll start a new save in Japanese to play with n00bs and then get the Western one to carry on G-Rankin' with you guys.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 12:49

Not 100% on this but I think all the servers are separate so there's not even cross region play with US & Europe.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Mon 5 Jun 2017 - 12:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Jun 2017 - 12:51

That definitely has been the case in the past, in fact with 3U didn't they even lock down europe - american play?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On   Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - Hunting on Switch, But This Time You Can Understand What's Going On
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next