We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gear.Club Races to Switch

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Gear.Club Races to Switch Empty
PostSubject: Gear.Club Races to Switch   Gear.Club Races to Switch EmptyWed 15 Nov 2017 - 14:49

Gear.Club Races to Switch Gear-Club-edengames-slide-05

I'm well excited for Gear.Club for Switch, it has been awhile since a Nintendo system has had a decent realistic, with the last being Most Wanted U which a lot of us did pick up and play.

Anyone else getting this exclusive racer as I'd love to play online sometime and it looks like due to it being a mobile game ported to Switch has challenges that change to keep people coming back and Eden have talked about building a community around the game on Switch.

If the games good and with no competition it seems anytime soon, Eden could have hit on there hands and possibly if they work closely with Nintendo, the big N's answer to GT & Forza.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Gear.Club Races to Switch   Gear.Club Races to Switch EmptyWed 15 Nov 2017 - 15:55

It'll take a lot of persuading to get me into this one - I left realistic racers behind on the SNES (well, they were realistic then Winky Face ).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gear.Club Races to Switch   Gear.Club Races to Switch EmptyWed 15 Nov 2017 - 15:57

I say realistic as in look but I hear plays like a arcade-sim think more Need for Speed or Forza Horizon then Project Cars or GT Sport.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gear.Club Races to Switch   Gear.Club Races to Switch EmptyThu 16 Nov 2017 - 10:08

I'd need a demo to get on board with a racer. What I like with a racing game is quite ineffable; its all in the feel of the cornering, the tightness of control here and the looser drift there. I can barely describe it, so I can't recognise it until I have it in my hands.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Gear.Club Races to Switch   Gear.Club Races to Switch EmptyThu 16 Nov 2017 - 23:09

I'm not really a fan of realistic racers at all... there's nothing particularly fun about them to me. I like my racing games to either have items or big Burnout style crashes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gear.Club Races to Switch   Gear.Club Races to Switch EmptyFri 17 Nov 2017 - 18:30

Me on my own
Gear.Club Races to Switch Lightning_reading_mater_s_note_in_sadness_by_wynterstar93-d8xcnac

Who did pick up Most Wanted U then back on Wii U? as I'm sure at least 5 of us got that.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Gear.Club Races to Switch   Gear.Club Races to Switch EmptyFri 17 Nov 2017 - 19:00

Aye I had Most wanted U & I think TCK did as well, but like others are saying I prefer the arcade type of racer and this looks like it doesn't go enough in that direction so I'll be passing on it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gear.Club Races to Switch   Gear.Club Races to Switch EmptyFri 17 Nov 2017 - 19:04

Shame as I was hoping it feel that hole left by Need for Speed. Hopefully it's more sort after by the genreal Switch audience and gets a community like Eden want.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gear.Club Races to Switch   Gear.Club Races to Switch EmptySat 18 Nov 2017 - 1:43

What it needs is a Fast & Furious crossover like Forza had, that'd get me involved.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Gear.Club Races to Switch   Gear.Club Races to Switch EmptySat 18 Nov 2017 - 7:45

"I live my life one quarter Meg at a time."
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Gear.Club Races to Switch   Gear.Club Races to Switch EmptySat 18 Nov 2017 - 10:58

Drunkalilly wrote:
What it needs is a Fast & Furious crossover like Forza had, that'd get me involved.

Off topic: The Switch version of Rocket league has Fast & furious DLC cars & I instantly thought of you when I seen them. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gear.Club Races to Switch   Gear.Club Races to Switch EmptySat 2 Dec 2017 - 13:04

Played a bit more Gear/Club yesterday and it is good and feels very arcade-sim with some neat ideas like building your own garage but it lacks in graphics department, yet that might just be me going from Forza Horizon 3 to Gear.Club.

Races on the most part are short but I think that's due to it being a mobile game originally, the thing is I've got like 18 stars and one event needs like 600 stars to unlock, that maybe those are much longer races.

The big problem and why I said elsewhere that we should look at Mantis Burn Racing over this is lack of a proper multiplayer online, on the main menu you've got campaign or local that's it.

In the campaign you can unlock League Battle which is online but not with friends and I don't know if I was even racing people online or just there lap times, as the mode is like the mini games in FIFA where I can see how other people have done and I need to beat that time.

I placed 3rd in the World on my first go, the events are daily and I may have dropped out since yesterday evening but if I've not then I will get points which then I can turn into currency to buy cars etc for my campaign. There is also one issue with this as these daily challenges make up a league, as the game has been out in the states for a while, there are people on the leader board with 500odd points already.

The league seems like it will change weekly or something that we can all start a fresh but is a little annoying and no options to see friends times. I am early on in the game that maybe one of the things you can unlock is a online battle or something.

For now I would say this feels like a okay MSR/PGR and if you could get it for like £25 then I would say get it as it plays well and there seems like there is plenty of content even though it very much feels very mobile on how everything is executed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gear.Club Races to Switch   Gear.Club Races to Switch Empty

Back to top Go down

Gear.Club Races to Switch
Page 1 of 1