We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)

Go down 
+24
Axis1500
beemoh
fronkhead
Rum
Buskalilly
SuperPaperLink
masofdas
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Gwyn400
Darunia
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
Treesmurf
Admin
Crumpy Andy
rlsniper789
Silver light
NintenDUCK
Kyranitar
ZeroJones
Kezz182
shanks
Balladeer
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 36  Next

Best Starters?
Gen. 1: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 Vote_lcap47%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 7 ]
Gen. 2: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 Vote_lcap27%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
Gen. 3: Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 Vote_lcap13%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Gen. 4: Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 Vote_lcap7%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Gen. 5: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 Vote_lcap0%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Gen. 6: Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 Vote_lcap6%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 14:55

Athrun888 wrote:
 I have 99 Pokemon exactly right now
...but a Pidgey ain't one?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 15:12

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 Isi2lNU
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 15:37

Seen some things, man... and some stuff!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 21:09

Je viens d'attraper un Flabébé. I wish I could play the game for a big stretch of time but there's just too much work to be done. I should be doing work now, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 21:14

I do like the French references, from the obvious (the towns' names, an imitation Eiffel Tower, bits of French in conversation) to the more subtle (several names - Greninja comes from "grenouille").  Next one "set" in the UK please?  "Cor blimey mate, Pikachu's right pukka 'e is."

Time for the pre-Elite Four grind! And suddenly I'm grateful for the Exp. Share.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 21:30

For some reason I'm feeling like the game is weighted with more slow pacing early on. As of recently the last few gyms seem to have raced by and the routes seem to be getting less Pokemon. Within a couple of hours of claiming my fourth gym badge I have added the next two to my tally.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013 - 21:53

The reason is probably the massive gap between the first and second gyms.  Not hugely sensible, it seems to me.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 2:44

A little bird told me that there is an Ice rock somewhere in the region, is this true? Has anyone seen it?

Also

Bug?
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 4:20

Just beat the 4th gym with Helioptile, Hawlucha, Amaura, Delphox, Gogoat and Vivillon - but am replacing Vivillon with Skrelp now. Hoping Helioptile evolves sooner or later...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 8:01

A fellow all-Kalos-er! It's tricky, isn't it? As for Helioptile, it evolves in a special way. I'll say no more.

The Ice Rock is probably at the bottom of Frost Cavern, Shanks. If you want yet another Glaceon (sigh), you'll have to wait until after the sixth gym, I believe.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 9:37

BallaDEER wrote:
If you want yet another Glaceon (sigh),
What's with the sigh?

Not in my current one as I have Sylveon but I may want one later on to have all the evolutions and I may use it in X.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 9:45

It's just you and your Glaceons.  Don't you have enough yet? Razz

As for the bug, I'm pretty sure I've saved in Lumiose with no adverse effects... but I won't do it again, just in case. It's very un-Nintendo, and I hope they patch it soon.

Last edited by BallaDEER on Wed 16 Oct 2013 - 9:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 9:46

Yeah, I saw the ice rock. It's in the cavern just like Balla said.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 9:56

Not played for a day or two due to work, but off tomorrow so will be on this all day. Did I end up becoming a Pokemon Balla.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 10:06

BallaDEER wrote:
It's just you and your Glaceons.  Don't you have enough yet? Razz

As for the bug, I'm pretty sure I've saved in Lumiose with no adverse effects... but I won't do it again, just in case.  It's very un-Nintendo, and I hope they patch it soon.
Nooo you can never have enough, plus I need one to originate from the Kalos Region. But yeah like I said Sylveon is my Eevee evolution in this game, now it just needs to learn some decent fairy type attacks..

And yeah I'm sure I saved in Lumoise as well and had no trouble and I'm there again now and I don't think I'll save there, I'll head out a gate or something.

OH and apparently Dodrio can fly now :affraid: 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 10:39

Apparently theres a message in X/Y that hints at a ruby/sapphire remake
So GBA gets the GB games, DS gets GBC (ish) games, so 3DS get's GBA Games
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 11:09

Any idea what that message is?  I loved RSE, although the all the Surfing was a bit of a pain, but that should be sorted out now with a faster Surf speed.  But I want something to get excited about before I get excited.

You ended up being a Bergmite Mas.  I'm sorry!  My team was settled a while back, fairy deer aside, and I thought you'd prefer being an immediately-boxed monster to no monster at all.

And couldn't Dodrio always learn Fly, in defiance of... well... everything?

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 13
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 11:23

Could it? I never really tried to teach it fly..

And the subtle hints to Hoenn

Hoenn Hints
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 11:36

References have always been made to previous regions. The second screenshot is maybe slightly more convincing, but I'll wait for the confirmation.

Nonetheless, it doesn't seem an unlikely scenario. It'll happen sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 11:54

The references are usually to the previous region weren't they? I remember in Unova they mentioned Sinnoh a few times
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 12:31

I'm pretty sure I know what the gen 3 reference is, I've been making it a point to talk to every npc I see and I've got a fair few bits of cool stuff because of it like some Mega Stones and tms (and a Lucky Egg).  In one of the hotels there's a person who talks about how awesome their home town is because it has a hot spring right next to the Pokemon Center, or something to that effect.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 12:35

Even then Hoenn is popping up a bit so is that just a coincidence?
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 14:22

So, I haven't played too much yet, just beat second gym. Although I really like the game, I am not much of a fan of the new EXP 'share'. If you are like me and don't rotate pokemon from party to pc much you end up stupidly over-levelled, even at an early stage.

I think it would be good at a certain stage but not after the first gym. I have turned it off for now.

At the moment I am using:

Frogadier lvl 30
Ivysaur Lvl 30
Machoke Lvl 29
Spiritzee Lvl 23
Meowstic (Male) Lvl 28
Litleo Lvl 29

With reserves; Axew, Honedge, Electrike.

I must say, I really like the designs for the new pokemon. Also if anyone wants to trade a Swirlix for my Spiritzee, I would be grateful. I have (what I think) is possibly some sort of hold item for it.

I've noticed that while I have added people on my 3DS friend list, they don't show up on my Pokemon Y friend list, why is this?
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 14:39

Vidofnir wrote:
So, I haven't played too much yet, just beat second gym. Although I really like the game, I am not much of a fan of the new EXP 'share'. If you are like me and don't rotate pokemon from party to pc much you end up stupidly over-levelled, even at an early stage.
You know how you face two twins on route 5? I took six levels during my fight with them.

Vidofnir wrote:
I've noticed that while I have added people on my 3DS friend list, they don't show up on my Pokemon Y friend list, why is this?
I think they have to be playing at the same time as you at least once.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013 - 18:52

Elite Four time!  I... think I may have over-levelled a bit.  In addition to having a Xerneas.  Oops...

EDIT: Oh dear. The final battle, and without switching once, I lost one Pokémon... to a lucky burn. And barely even used Xerneas. Anticlimax much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)
Page 23 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 36  Next