We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)

Go down 
+24
Axis1500
beemoh
fronkhead
Rum
Buskalilly
SuperPaperLink
masofdas
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Gwyn400
Darunia
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
Treesmurf
Admin
Crumpy Andy
rlsniper789
Silver light
NintenDUCK
Kyranitar
ZeroJones
Kezz182
shanks
Balladeer
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next

Best Starters?
Gen. 1: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 Vote_lcap47%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 Vote_rcap
 47% [ 7 ]
Gen. 2: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 Vote_lcap27%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
Gen. 3: Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 Vote_lcap13%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Gen. 4: Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 Vote_lcap7%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Gen. 5: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 Vote_lcap0%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Gen. 6: Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie
Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 Vote_lcap6%Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptyWed 13 Nov 2013 - 16:01

ZeroJones wrote:
Congratulations on the shiny! One day, one day...
Keep at it! I've been hearing lots of stories about people finding shinnies this time so maybe these games will be the ones! They were for me, with shinnies being mere myths for me until now.

NintenDUCK wrote:
I really like all the distractions, especially the clothing part. I've finally gotten into  the Boutique in Lumiose and gosh is it fancy.
I'm also starting to get the impression the Kalos region is based on some sort of European country, I just can't put my finger on which one...
My only complaint about the clothing options is how few there seem to be for the male protagonist. And out of the ones available I can't stand a good chunk of them. But I found some cool black coats in that expensive place a while back I'm really happy with so I can forgive them.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 20:54

Guy's I've just finished Y, and now looking towards the tournament on Wednesday here's my mon from Y that I could use. Not aloud a few like mewtwo and the rules will be doubles and all mon set to lvl 50.

Dephox, Lvl 78, att 137, def 139, sp.atk 248, sp.def 185, speed 211. No's Future Sight, Flamethrower, Fire Blast and Blast Burn
Glaceon Lvl 67, att 113, def, 150, sp.atk 221, sp.def 145, speed 110, No's Swift, Take Down, Ice Beam and Blizzard
Blastoise Lvl 73, att 167, def 175, sp.atk 169, sp.def 154, speed 174, No's Surf, Waterfall, Hydro Cannon and Hydro Pump
Venusaur With Mega Stone Lvl 61, att 135, def 119, sp.atk 129, sp.def 151, speed 151, No's Strength, Solar Beam, Petal Dance and Frenzy Planet
Chesnaught Lvl 47, att 120, def 122, sp.atk 96, sp.def 99, speed 72, No's Seed Bomb, Bite, Take Down and Strength

Then from X I can use

Sylveon Lvl 70, att 127, def 128, sp.atk 164, sp.def 212, speed 138, No's Charm, Last Resort, Dazzling Gleam and Moonblast
Raichu Lvl 72, att 177, def 115, sp.atk 166, sp.def 131, speed 168, No's Slam, Thunder Shock, Nuzzle and Thunderbolt
Charizard with mega stone X Lvl 62, att 145, def 111, sp.atk 188, sp.def 119, speed 156, No's Inferno, Fly, Dragon Claw and Flamethrower
Lucario with mega stone Lvl 66, att 186, def 107, sp.atk 187, sp.def 119, speed 180, No's Strength, Psychic, Dragon Pulse and Close Combat
Greninja Lvl 63, att 172, def 108, sp.atk 136, sp.def 115, speed 194, No's Waterfall, Surf, Hydro Pump and Ice Beam
Tyrantrum Lvl 50, att 153, def 138, sp.atk 72, sp.def 85, speed 92, No's Dragon Claw, Strength, Earthquake, Thrash

So out of the lot what 6 should I use, it actually only be four getting used in the battle but tactics and all that of what 4 get used out of the 6.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptyMon 18 Nov 2013 - 16:48

I knew picking Samurott back in Black was justified.

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 PYTRymc
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 3:46

I'd suggest:

Lucario with mega stone Lvl 66, att 186, def 107, sp.atk 187, sp.def 119, speed 180, No's Strength, Psychic, Dragon Pulse and Close Combat

Can you teach it Aura sphere? you can never go wrong with that..

Blastoise Lvl 73, att 167, def 175, sp.atk 169, sp.def 154, speed 174, No's Surf, Waterfall, Hydro Cannon and Hydro Pump

If you can teach it a Ice type move

Sylveon Lvl 70, att 127, def 128, sp.atk 164, sp.def 212, speed 138, No's Charm, Last Resort, Dazzling Gleam and Moonblast

Someone is bound to have a dragon type

That's 3 of your 6 I'd personally use. I'm not sure who you should use for 4 and 5 out of Dephox, Charizard, Venusaur or Chesnaught as they all have merits and weaknesses.

Like with the fire starters it's good if you want to attack but with Charizards low defense stat it wouldn't be able to take a hit. And Same with your grass as even though Chesnaught is lower leveled at the moment I think it's stats may improve to be as good as Venusaur, (either one would make a good tank)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 9:08

So

Lucario, I will see if I can teach it that
Blastoise, I will teach it Ice Beam or Blizzard one of them I have as a TM
Sylveon
Dephox, as the fire type as he seems more well rounded
Venusaur, as my grass
Raichu, I guess to be last of the 6

So looks like I'm covered to take on most types there, would there be any sort of plan like send out Blast & Dephox out 1st and see what my opponent is sending out or what.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 9:22

You could teach them both Grass and water Pledge respectively as a combo move and make a swamp..
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 9:59

So Veny and Blast both to have Pledge and makes a swap. I will have to go all the move tutors and see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 10:09

If you're going for Raichu, scrap Thundershock.  It will give you nothing Thunderbolt can't: the PP won't make a difference during a fast-pitched Doubles battle.  Swap it out for Grass Knot or something.  

I don't know how "serious" this tournament is, and whether you should be looking into EVs and IVs.  EVs, at least, can be easily sorted through Super Training.  Websites like Serebii and Smogon can help you there.

Oh, and in Doubles, Protect is one of the most useful moves pretty much any 'mon can have. If used correctly, a foe can waste an entire turn. Moves like Quick Guard and Wide Guard are useful as well, for similar reasons.

I know too much about all this...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 10:17

Yeah you do, someone else told me my team is rubbish as I need to have bred the best mon etc.

So if I go to Super Training, how do I see or know my EV's etc

I'm not sure how serious it is, It's the streetpass meet for this month. So it's actually that but seeing nearly everyone has Pokemon were having a tournament of it instead of the normal Mario Kart 7.

But due to the Pokemon thing in london and this being a offical streetpass event the top 3 can go to london, so some might take it serious. But according to the facebook group there's only 10 people going, so even with a crappy team could stand a chance but I can't go london anyway even if I were some how won.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 10:26

You'll probably be fine then. Channel Karen from GSC and win with your favourites! London's a rubbish city anyway.

I haven't actually Super Trained myself: I only know that it exists. You'll need to Ask An Aussie for that!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 10:32

I see by googling, If you have Maximum EV's you can unlock secret super training. So going to see if any if my mon have the secret training unlocked.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 10:54

I do wonder if you can access the super secret training if a Pokemon has the higher leveled stats. I unlocked it for Sylveon and a couple of others by doing the whole regime
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 16:39

The pie chart thing on the lower screen shows the EV spread. http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml
That's a pretty useful link. You should click on it...
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 18:33

The super secret training is unlocked when a Pokemon has maxed out its EVs. And speaking of EV training personally I prefer hoard battles, it's over within minutes with those. I haven't looked back on super training since I finished the game.

Currently I'm trying out my luck for a shiny Maril, I don't expect to get one but we'll see if my luck with someone from Japan sending me a male Maril with some egg moves and four perfect ivs can't be turned in to a second shiny (and a shiny I'd actually use.)
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013 - 21:37

I haven't tried horde battling for EVs yet but I quite enjoy super training which isn't *that* slow. The punching bags speed it up quite a bit too. Although I'm not sure if power bracers work in super training?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013 - 1:31

I want to try and get a shiny Charmander for Y so it's mega evolution will also be black. Also want a shiny honedge simply because it's red
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013 - 12:22

Just been looking at my mon and all the one's I want to use have the secret super training unlocked and comes up with something with like you have full stats you super trainer.  And blast & veny known pledge moves,  so you guess who's going out in battle 1st and blast knows ice beam, raichu also knows crass knot now.

So is best plan to send out Blast & Veny, and have 2 of the other 4 depending on what opponent has, so if they seem like there going to use grass I need to use dephox in my 4.

Also couldn't get lucario to know aura but does now know protect.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013 - 18:53

This. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRM0-FT0tUA That is all.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptyWed 20 Nov 2013 - 21:57

I was knocked in round one to the guy who came 4th out of 22 of us. Earthquake did me in, ohh and thanks Nintendo for paying for drinks and food.

I'm done with Pokemon now.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 0:27

NintenDUCK wrote:
I haven't tried horde battling for EVs yet but I quite enjoy super training which isn't *that* slow. The punching bags speed it up quite a bit too. Although I'm not sure if power bracers work in super training?
They don't alas. Super training isn't all that bad, but hoard training is kind of like blink and you'll miss it. With the power items it's twenty evs a battle without the pokerus virus plus the evs a Pokemon naturally gives. In short with the vitamins it only takes about 8 battles to max a stat, and those battles go faster than super training does and they have the added benefit that you can watch tv while doing it.

If you want to give it a try and see how fast it is I recommend checking route 12, sweet scent will pull in Wingulls there like no tomorrow which give one speed ev a kill so it perfectly compliments sweeper training of both physical and special sweepers.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptyThu 21 Nov 2013 - 16:03

I might give it a go with my jolteon tomorrow then. Neutral 
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptySat 23 Nov 2013 - 7:26

After six hours I finally have my huge power belly drum aqua jet five perfect iv adamant Azumarill. The reason it took so long was because I realised my previous one was missing Aqua Jet because the parents had too many egg moves, so I had to rebreed it and then retrain it. But it was worth it. Now I'm debating what to go for next, I've been considering trying out mega Charizard Y and venasaur as a doubles battle combo for a while, but I also want a mega Blaziken on my team.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptySat 23 Nov 2013 - 7:33

Speaking of Mega's I still need to go around and get all the stones and the Pokemon for that matter to er have them all
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 0:47

Did anyone else find the Lumiose City gym to be a massive difficulty spike, or is it just me?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 EmptySun 24 Nov 2013 - 0:58

Not really, but I had a grass-type with Dig and I battered every single trainer on the way up for EXP. Thanks Shanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)   Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll) - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon X and Y (and Another Pokémon Poll)
Page 31 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next