Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Switchémon Speculation Thread

Go down 
+3
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Balladeer
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Switchémon Speculation Thread Empty
PostSubject: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 21:29

Drunkalilly wrote:
Pokemon needs a big update with a ruthless edit, streamlining and eliminating the chaff.

Balladeer wrote:
I'd be all the way up for that last one, but you'd get millions of fans stomping off because they can't import their level 100 EV-trained perfect-IVs Basculin.

ZeroJones wrote:
I would be happy if they gave all the monsters their cries from the anime, as opposed to updated versions of Game Boy screeches. And, as I always say, more of Pokémon in the world: Machamps helping construction workers, Blastoises on fire engines, Mr. Mimes casting Protect for police officers in riots. OK, maybe not that last one.

Balladeer wrote:
Is this a thread?  It should be a thread if it isn't a thread.

It's a thread.

Switchémon Speculation Thread DB5daJIUIAAdbWa

The question is a simple one: what do you want to see in Pokémon Switch?

I'll be honest, I want something more along the lines of Colosseum and XD.  A complete break with convention.  Get rid of two all-but-identical games, random battles in the grass, Elite Fours, Pokémon Professors giving you Pokédexes... and yes, anything that allows you to transfer over the eleventy billion and one monsters already in existence.  

Seeing as that'll never happen, how about letting us be a lone wolf again?  Hau was bad, XY's group of mates was worse.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 21:59

A proper 3D World, with the monsters visible in said world. I basically want Pokemon X Xenoblade. And, as said, I want the systems updated fairly substantially. Let's have a Slowbro that actually evolves by being bitten by Shelder, y'know?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 22:59

I think the novelty of having some impressive 3D environments to roam about in will be enough for most, and I suspect that's probably what we'll get. I can't see GameFreak looking to buck the trend in a major way and risk losing their core fanbase. Having said that, with Zelda trying something new and Mario shaking up the formula as well, maybe it's Pokémon's time to do the same.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 11:52

I think it will be the Pokemon we know and love but just in the Unreal Engine and maybe a few other things but noting that will change the wheel.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 19:37

Make it like the old monster rancher games on the ps1, which would generate you a monster based on the music of a CD you popped into the machine when prompted.

No CD drive? I can't determine which critter best represents Des Lynham's shitty poetry?

Bin the fuckin franchise.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 19:52

Laughing

Drunkalilly wrote:
A proper 3D World, with the monsters visible in said world. I basically want Pokemon X Xenoblade.

...you send out 3/6 Pokémon at a time.  They have a choice between a typeless auto-attack and one corresponding to their primary type.  Doing so fills up a Moves Gauge.  The more PP the move has/had, the longer it takes to fill, but the stronger it generally is.  Using the Moves fills up a secondary gauge, allowing for switching out, Item usage, or multi-monster moves.  Keep your Pokémon happy, inside and outside battle, and fill the secondary gauge, to allow use of Z-moves and/or Mega Evolution.

Pokémon of different sizes roam the landscape, including a level 81 Primeape and a level 90 Snorlax in the game's opening area.  After knocking out your Pokémon, they can and will attack you.

Switchémon Speculation Thread Attachment
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptyWed 7 Feb 2018 - 20:09

OK, apart from Pokémon in the world... Winky Face

It's got to be more open world, for sure, like Pokémon XD squared. Battles should still be random (so the Pokémon jump out at you from a camouflaged position in the grass) with a similar structure to Sun/Moon. I don't want many more 'mon, especially legendaries, and not many more moves, either. Playing Gold not long ago reminded me how enjoyable it was to earn a move and decide whether to add it to that creature's moveset. More relaxing than the current 'new move every two levels' idea.

If we're shooting for the - yes! - Moon, then let's make it MMO. One of y'all can walk into my game, maybe capture a 'mon that's unique-ish to my copy (like the Friend Safari), and challenge my team to a battle. All the regions, too. Love
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptyThu 8 Feb 2018 - 19:00

Spot the retro fan! Laughing Slightly different point of view to mine - variety being that ever-so-valuable spice, natch. Random battles have always been the worst parts of JRPGs to me, and I don't want to play with anybody else unless I have to... but the 'all the regions' bit is the one that really gets me. You spend most of the post saying you want more focus, in monsters and moves, and then say you want less in lands! What's that about, Zero my man?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptyThu 8 Feb 2018 - 19:11

If Pokémon had more MMO elements could be a big deal for the paid online.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptyFri 9 Feb 2018 - 0:02

I wouldn't want a true MMO, but Dark Souls-esque online elements, with a singleplayer game that has scope for multiplayer, seem like the way Pokemon was already going.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptyFri 9 Feb 2018 - 5:53

Balladeer wrote:
You spend most of the post saying you want more focus, in monsters and moves, and then say you want less in lands!  What's that about, Zero my man?

I'll be honest: I just wrote a list of things that I wanted. The heart wants what the heart wants. Winky Face

Delving a bit deeper, I feel like the two are separate issues. The gameplay should be tight - which justifies fewer new moves, 'mon and legendaries. I completed the Pokédex in Gen Four; doing so in Gen Eight will take an enormous amount of time and effort. At the same time I'd like more game to play. With the grunt of a home console - or half home console, or however you want to consider it! Winky Face - behind the game, there's no better time than now to get Pokémon Rainbow. Love
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptyFri 9 Feb 2018 - 20:41

I can understand all that, actually. The one thing I wouldn't want that you mention out of that bit is lots of old regions. Give us huge new landscapes please! Especially don't send us back to Hoenn and Sinnoh, too much water/snow respectively.

Drunkalilly wrote:
I wouldn't want a true MMO, but Dark Souls-esque online elements, with a singleplayer game that has scope for multiplayer, seem like the way Pokemon was already going.

This rather than an MMO. You can turn them off in DS, I presume - I'd want to do so here too. I'm a massively antisocial gamer, except when people are in the room with me who want to join in.

Drunka mentioned the story in his joke MHS slagging-off: I'd like the story to be the main focus again, please, with the final boss of the main game being an actual threat, à la BW or the spin-offs. With plenty of danger involved, natch: XY got the scale of the events just right.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptyThu 6 Jan 2022 - 14:58

Balla, Buska and Myself have all made some sort of Pokémon Prediction for 2022. I went for a game will come out beyond Legends, and it be Pokémon Black HD but the other two think we will see a tease for Gen 9.

What would you want from Gen 9? I was thinking whilst playing Forza Horizon 5, why not Mexico or South America for Pokémon.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptyFri 7 Jan 2022 - 7:15

The first four games are set in Japan, then the other four are popular destinations for Japanese travellers.
Based on that alone, Australia, Germany or Spain seem likely, or another Asian destination like Korea or Hong Kong (Splatoon 3's city seems to be based on HK).
Before the UK-based region was formally announced, there was a poster in Let's Go that looked like a map of the British Isles.
In BDSP, there is a recurring poster in various houses which seems to be Van Gogh's Starry Night. Van Gough was from the Netherlands, which for a couple of centuries was the only country with which Japan would trade or interact. We could be seeing windmills, canals and bicycles aplenty!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptyFri 7 Jan 2022 - 12:55

I think a Central or South American inspired game would be lovely to see. Plenty of cultures across the Americas to pay homage to and lots of unique things in nature to pop into the game I'm sure. On the other hand, Australia is such a weird place with a load of unique critters and landscapes as well so that would be a good one to see also.

I wouldn't mind seeing anywhere to be honest. I feel like they capture the flavour of wherever the setting inspiration comes from. I think I'd like to see something outside of Europe for the upcoming rodeo, but ultimately whatever the creative decision I'm sure we will be treated to a lot of cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptyFri 7 Jan 2022 - 21:10

South America would be interesting. Isn't that canonically a part of the Pokémon world, as in where they found Mew?

I'd love to see Australia done. Platypokémon, echidnas, kangaroos that aren't whatever the hell Kangaskhan is... Definitely here for that.

That's a really interesting thing Buska raises about BDSP though. In an Amsterdam-based region, would all Pokémon learn rock-type moves? (Yes yes, I'm a big child.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptyFri 7 Jan 2022 - 22:15

Not all Grass types?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptySat 8 Jan 2022 - 6:20

I love Central America - all your Aztec and Mayan pyramids and temples and that - so I'd be bang up for a region based on that part of the world.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptySun 9 Jan 2022 - 14:29

From the OP:

Balladeer wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:
Pokemon needs a big update with a ruthless edit, streamlining and eliminating the chaff.

Balladeer wrote:
I'd be all the way up for that last one, but you'd get millions of fans stomping off because they can't import their level 100 EV-trained perfect-IVs Basculin.

It happened, and millions of fans did indeed stomp off. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptySun 9 Jan 2022 - 14:33

Yet they all bought the games
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptySun 9 Jan 2022 - 14:39

Quote :
The question is a simple one: what do you want to see in Pokémon Switch?

Big giant swords/weapons & real time hunting action or failing that Pokemon snap but with a boomstick instead of a camera.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptySun 9 Jan 2022 - 21:47

Cabela's Big Tauros Hunter?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptyFri 4 Feb 2022 - 10:47

What about the next one set in Africa? Culturally interesting and we have like a Elephant Mon already but can see like a regional version of the Giraffe Mon that looks more like one.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptySat 5 Feb 2022 - 9:24

Africa is a continent, Mas. Which country? The climates, cultures, landscapes, architecture can vary wildly!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread EmptySat 5 Feb 2022 - 10:00

Egypt, I guess.

We were just saying South America etc, not Brazil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switchémon Speculation Thread   Switchémon Speculation Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Switchémon Speculation Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next