We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Luigi's Mansion

Go down 
+8
shanks
JayMoyles
Balladeer
The_Jaster
masofdas
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Luigi's Mansion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Luigi's Mansion - Page 2 EmptySat 4 Aug 2018 - 16:58

I'm more in thinking not about HD or remaster but Virtual Console Version and it is no different to what we got with NES, SNES, N64 etc sure it wouldn't look great but I'd hope most that want GameCube games on Switch to realise that they're 15+-year-old games.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Luigi's Mansion - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Aug 2018 - 16:13

fronkhead wrote:

Just hope it's an inspired remake - the Bowser's Inside Story, WarioWare Gold and Superstar Saga remakes are almost release schedule filler. Maybe this will be closer to Fire Emblem Echoes in effort and execution.

I think it's going to be much more like the former trio than Echoes. I've not heard about anything new beyond the Boss Rush mode.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Luigi's Mansion - Page 2 EmptySun 5 Aug 2018 - 22:54

Nintendo has been very shtum about this which doesn't bode confidence. Heck, it seems to support 3D yet they aren't even making a deal about it, probably because they've now repositioned 3DS as an entry level "2D" handheld for young children. Samus Returns feels like the last title aimed at the invested 3DS player.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Luigi's Mansion - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Aug 2018 - 20:29

I like to think they're devoting marketing effort to the games that really matter... on Switch. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Luigi's Mansion - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Aug 2018 - 23:40

After Detective Pikachu failed to chart on release Nintendo definitely gave up on marketing 3DS titles heavily. Dead Heat Breakers went out without many reviews or marketing, despite being what appears to be the last big budget original title on 3DS from Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Luigi's Mansion - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 17:33

Just confirmed for an October 19th release if you're interested:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/08/luigis_mansion_will_arrive_on_3ds_just_in_time_for_halloween

Luigi's Mansion is very good, but I didn't think it was worth £30 in 2002, let alone now! Unless they're adding a bunch of new stuff, I think I'll just dig out the GameCube and play through the original version.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Luigi's Mansion - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 20:37

Yeah it's not a game I'll be digging the 2ds out for. The Cube version is what, 20 quid these days? I did play it last year but traded it, it has its merits but this feels like filler for the 3ds calendar.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Luigi's Mansion - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 22:47

Unlike WarioWare Gold which seems to have a fair amount of bonus content, I've not seen much to convince me this one is worth the time. Meh
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Luigi's Mansion - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Aug 2018 - 3:29

I have no idea where my Cube is, not that it matters as I was getting this game anyway, I still have my 3ds out and about. I'm even semi tempted to import it for my Japanese 3ds
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Luigi's Mansion - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Aug 2018 - 16:31

I'll get this is it's a good version of the game. Grezzo are developing, so if some of the original team are involved with this like they were Ocarina of Time 3D it could be something special.

After all, Luigi's Mansion 3D is something Nintendo was working on for the GameCube.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Iwata-Asks/Iwata-Asks-Nintendo-3DS/Vol-2-Nintendo-3DS-Hardware-Concept/2-Luigi-s-Mansion-3D-That-Never-Was/2-Luigi-s-Mansion-3D-That-Never-Was-218558.html
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Luigi's Mansion - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Oct 2018 - 22:30

Decided to pass on this, Grezzo can't resist messing with the games they remake yet again. Money now hangs around for twice as long as it did when you get hurt/hit by enemies, which means getting a good rank at the end (money is basically your score) isn't the challenge it was in the original game.

There are some minor changes with irk me, too, like how they've completely replaced the original ending credits with Grezzo staff only - something they didn't do with the two Zelda games they remade, and the mansion looks a lot less decrepit.

I haven't played LM in almost 15 years, having borrowed it off a friend back in the day. I never finished it, got to the bit where the lights went out, but I'm now tempted to grab a GameCube copy - but for some reason the game has risen in value over the years. It's now £30-35 for a boxed copy!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Luigi's Mansion - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 9:52

BUT GOOIGI FRONK

WHAT ABOUT GOOIGI

Luigi's Mansion - Page 2 Gooigi
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Luigi's Mansion - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 23:13

fronkhead wrote:
I never finished it, got to the bit where the lights went out

Aw, that bit is brilliant too. It was a great change of pace to go from having lots of nice safe areas to the mansion being a bloody warzone for a wee while.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Luigi's Mansion - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Oct 2018 - 9:23

So is it me or is the "C" stick a bit uh dicky when making Luigi look up and down? I actually struggled with Chauncy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luigi's Mansion   Luigi's Mansion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Luigi's Mansion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2