We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3

Go down 
+11
The Cappuccino Kid
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
gjones
ZeroJones
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Muss
JayMoyles
masofdas
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptyMon 9 Apr 2018 - 21:43

Air Man.

Or should I say EXECUTIONER SMOUGH???!!!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptyTue 10 Apr 2018 - 18:12

Obligatory.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 16:08

It might have been the old thoughts thread but I was right to be a cynic about the Mega Drive collection not coming to Switch due to SEGA releasing the games individually.

Any way
Balladeer wrote:
Dreamcast 2!

I hope not, Mas would literally explode.  Messy.

Drunkalilly wrote:
masofdas wrote:
Dreamcast 2 could have the best first party line up out of all of the systems.

MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 Giphy

If we were to live in a fantasy land where a TV star can be President of the United States and the Dreamcast 2 was announced last night this is some of the first party games we could see on it:

Bayonetta 3
Sonic Mania 2
Sonic Adventure 3
Sonic Racing
Sonic and SEGA Sport Superstars
Phantasy Star V
Phantasy Star Online Episode IV
Persona 5 Golden
Persona 6
Shin Megami Tensai V
SEGA Rally GT Edition
Jet Set Radio, Reboot
Streets of Rage: The Golden Axe
The Conduit, Reboot
Football Manager 2019
Yakuza 7
Shenmue I & II
Shenmue III
Shining Force, Reboot
Virtua Fighter 6
Puyo Puyo Moon
Total War: Three Kingdoms
Super Monkey Ball 3
Space Channel 5 Part Trois
Shinobi, As a Souls-like
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 16:34

Definitely some crackers in there but the best? Very few of them would get close to the sheer quality that Nintendo put out in my book.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 16:41

I've gone for games I like but with variety as I was going to say Skies of Arcadia 2, Panzer Dragoon Saga Remake, all of Atlus games and go full on JRPG which I think I would prefer.

Only thing from Nintendo, I can't top is Zelda.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Apr 2018 - 10:57

masofdas wrote:

If we were to live in a fantasy land where a TV star can be President of the United States and the Dreamcast 2 was announced last night this is some of the first party games we could see on it:
Was that a . . . joke? I'm proud of you, man.

Quote :
Bayonetta 3
Nope. Totally bankrolled and owned by Nintendo now.
Quote :
Sonic Mania 2
Sonic Adventure 3
Sonic Racing
Sonic and SEGA Sport Superstars
Sonic games are bad.
Quote :
Phantasy Star V
Phantasy Star Online Episode IV
Might be alright.
Quote :
Persona 5 Golden
Persona 6
Shin Megami Tensai V
I'm unsure of the actual publisher/ developer relationship when it comes to SMT games. You may be correct.
Quote :
SEGA Rally GT Edition
Jet Set Radio, Reboot
Fair, bangers.
Quote :
Streets of Rage: The Golden Axe
The Conduit, Reboot
Come along now, these would be gash.
Quote :
Football Manager 2019
Would be crazy to see them try to move Football Manager away from the PC audience.
Quote :
Yakuza 7
Fair enough, banger.
Quote :
Shenmue I & II
Shenmue III
Old, bad.
Quote :
Shining Force, Reboot
Virtua Fighter 6
Puyo Puyo Moon
Yeah, maybe they'd be alright.
Quote :
Super Monkey Ball 3
Space Channel 5 Part Trois
I'm into it.
Quote :
Shinobi, As a Souls-like
Just because something is hard and has swords doesn't make it a shoe-in for a Soulslike Laughing

So, removing the stuff that might not be exclusive or would be crap, we'd mostly have JRPGs and Racing games. It would simultaneously be Cappa's favourite and least favourite console!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Apr 2018 - 14:12

SEGA own Atlus that all their games would become exclusive, I think with Bayo 3 somehow SEGA gives Nintendo the money back or something in this scenario.

With likes of FM19 and Total War, would also be on PC, sort like Xbox games are on PC. I could see a Cappa version of the DC2 having likes of Outrun and other arcade sorts which would make the DC2 standout from the other 3 systems, I guess but not my cup of tea for a consoles overall image.

The reason I brought up The Conduit as I wanted an FPS in my exclusive lineup and that seemed the easiest game to just bring back instead of making Ghost Squad a poor Ghost Recon as I tried to have a game in every genre.

Of course some of those games I can't see us ever getting back and just what I'd like to see but even if announced games by SEGA at the moment (also who they own / IP they own) became exclusive to a DC2 you'd have:

Yakuza 6
Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux
Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night
Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Persona 5: Dancing Star Night
SEGA Mega Drive Classics or you could have SEGA Ages as a Virtual Console on the DC2 instead
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Catherine: Full Body
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
Shenmue I & II
Shenmue III
Shining Resonance Refrain
Sonic Mania Plus
ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove
Valkyria Chronicles 4 (They've just announced the first is coming to Switch along with the 4th)
Bayonetta 3
Shin Megami Tensei V
Total War: Arena
Total War Battles: Kingdom
Shin Sakura Taisen

That's a decent line up of games and this is the first time in years, I've never been this happy to be a SEGA fan as they seem to be doing right by us but they still baffle you sometimes like turning down Sony's pitch for a new Jet Set Radio.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Apr 2018 - 16:56

I think there are some good games on that list, but even so it's not a lineup that appeals for me.

Football Manager on a console? Sure, a lightweight portable version is fine, but I don't really see the market for it on a home console. Total War? If they could make that game console friendly it would already be on the PS/Xbox, cannot see it being anything other than an absolute mess to play with a controller.

Then there are a helluva lot of JRPGs, which isn't a "dead genre" in the same sense that Westerns are in Hollywood, but they're certainly closer to a life-support machine. Persona 5 sold really well, and Pokemon games are ever popular, but we're not in the 90s/00s where dozens of critically acclaimed JRPGs would grace consoles annually. Having slogged thorugh Valkyria Chronicles until the penultimate level, I couldn't be arsed anymore with its lackadasical pacing, bland storytelling, and the tedious manoeuvring of each, individual, enemy, soldier, in, a, very, very, very, very, v,e,r,y s...l....o....w.... w........a.........y........ Doesn't leave me particularly enticed by the idea of multitudes of JRPGs. There's still a place for them in my gaming library, but I think games like Dark Souls or the Witcher 3 prove you can mix action or world building with detailed narratives these days and I generally find that more engaging than flicking through menus. I'm not saying there are no good contemporary JRPGs that have found ways to move with the times, but I don't think there are that many personally.

Finally, many of the classics have been dead for ages. Are they iconic names? Absolutely. However, re-imagining them as new releases isn't going to be easy, just look at the reaction to Shenmue III Meh

That said, I'd welcome an influx of arcade racing games!

No doubt it's a nice list for Sega fans, but for me it's not even close to Nintendo - even if I didn't include Zelda.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Apr 2018 - 17:16

It's a thing we will never know but personally if all the big names came back, it would be close to Nintendo if the 2D & 3D Sonic games were top notch, same with Sonic Racing compared to Mario Kart and you'd have a comparison to most of Nintendo's games like that part from Zelda.

Which if you think about it is better than PlayStation or Xbox for mix of genres, sure I like the grand single player games on my PS4 but you don't have a comparison to Mario but then again I don't think you'd get a single player game from SEGA on the same lines of Uncharted, Horizon or God of War unless Headhunter got a serious reboot.

The actual games announced like you say are on the JRPG side due to Atlus but I do think Catherine will be a great game this year and SMTV will be when it comes to Switch also you all know Yakuza 6 might be someone like Andy's GOTY that you can't say SEGA aren't trying.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptyMon 16 Apr 2018 - 4:47

masofdas wrote:
it would be close to Nintendo if the 2D & 3D Sonic games were top notch

But they're not.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptyMon 16 Apr 2018 - 5:32

Well as you know I wasn't that keen on Sonic Mania but the consensus is that it was and has popped up on some of the 2D platformer lists and in overall lists.

My main point was you'd have something to play in both of those genres exclusively on a SEGA system, giving you one on it in comparison to Nintendo would plus more at a decent level if similar to current critical opinion continued.

That if SEGA gave me everything they could give me, I wouldn't personally need a Nintendo system as all genres would be covered part from Zelda.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptySat 21 Apr 2018 - 13:41

Interesting conversation. I loved the Dreamcast and the Mega Drive, but SEGA as a brand is pretty niche in 2018.

Shenmue is an incredible game IF you experienced it in 2000, pre-open world (or pre-GTA III). Shenmue III will likely do what the fans want it to do, but much like Yooka-Laylee, it will likely be a tough sell for those who didn't spend their childhood playing those games. Rather than try to replicate those glory days, I'd like to see SEGA (if they did launch a console) bring new ideas. Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, even Ecco the freakin' Dolphin, these are all original ideas given the bright SEGA aesthetic and tight gameplay we know them for. Failing that, a spin on the franchises (ie. Crazy Postman).

On a related note, SEGA could launch something like Uplay or Origin, their own online service that has all the old and new games on. It would be pretty cool to jump between Billy Hatcher, Binary Domain and Bayonetta.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptySun 22 Apr 2018 - 23:23

Surely you'd end up with what'd essentially be the Wii U again with a Dreamcast 2, though? I think a lot of people buy SEGA games because they're on well-supported consoles with a lot of other games from different developers popping up, but it's a big ask for most to buy another console for SEGA's line-up. Couple that with third party developers likely being hesitant to support the console and you'll end up with the Wii U again.

Mind you, you'll have sold one by default to Andy so he gets to play Yakuza 7.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptyMon 23 Apr 2018 - 5:05

That could all apply to a Nintendo system, but with the right games and marketing you've got the Switch.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptyThu 3 May 2018 - 0:06

After a longer than normal session of Injustice 2 tonight, my hands are actually aching a little bit from executing all my cool combos to crush Crumpy. It got me thinking about how your pro gamers who play fighting games for a living must genuinely have a hand stretching routine they carry out before playing for an extended period of time and how they'll likely be suffering from hand problems later in life. I know some of the SSBM players I follow on Twitter have had problems with their tendons due to how many actions per minute they input during a normal game of Melee.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptyThu 3 May 2018 - 9:08

The worst I've ever managed is a friction burn across a thumb from snaking on Mario Kart DS. That said, I've definitely had to call an end to a long ol' gaming sesh due to achey wrists and hands in the past. See mum, it is a real sport.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptyThu 3 May 2018 - 10:17

I was thinking for most top level eSports it's PC but I guess they get RSI and lose hand eye coordination when older, would explain why loads retire rather young.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptyThu 3 May 2018 - 10:41

Yeah, ironically considering how people say it's not real sport/ they're not real athletes, the age ceiling in esports is really low.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptyThu 3 May 2018 - 20:36

I had to turn on auto-accelerate in MK8D to save my poor right thumb from immense pain. Quite surprised you didn't have the same, Drunka!

I could never be an eSports player. The dexterity needed by Starcrafters, say, is immense.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 May 2018 - 0:23

I didn't think you could do the proper turbo starts with auto-accelerate?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 May 2018 - 14:11

Presumably the starts are the only time you need to manually push the throttle and after the lights go green the button becomes inactive?

I should probably try giving auto-accelerate a bash at some point, although 200cc would probably take some serious getting used to.

The worst hand-cramps I've ever had are from Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace back on the Playstation 1. There was some weird combination of buttons you needed to press, or perhaps hold, in order to make your character do a roll. Whatever the combination was it made the tendons on my then child's hands seize up.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 May 2018 - 20:26

It's just as Muss says.  

I think the worst I've ever had gaming hand cramps was with Metroid Prime Hunters - I'd guess I'm not alone in that.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptyWed 23 May 2018 - 19:36

I've just spent the past hour reading through some of the articles on this site here. It's ran by Clyde "Tomato" Mandelin who you might know as the guy behind the unofficial Mother 3 fan translation. The site's all about video game translations - namely, what went well, what didn't and what's been lost in translation along the way. The article I linked is about the bad translations out there - a good place to start, I reckoned - but the site as a whole is worth a look. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptySun 27 May 2018 - 9:52

I've heard good things about that Legends of Localization*; that link has been bookmarked for a later date.

*how ironic
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 EmptySun 27 May 2018 - 10:34

I had a thought about Dark Souls Remastered after looking at some reviews on it. From what I gather the game is still great but the actual remaster isn't that special, which got me thinking as someone who's bought films on 4K UHD and reading reviews on them and take

The Matrix which is an older film and just came out in 4K, looking at reviews it has various things talked about but the film is given its own star rating and the quality of the picture is given another score with both of these getting a 4.5/5 stars then you looking at something like Terminator 2 which is a 5/5 film but 2.5/5 for picture quality

Dark Souls Remastered likely falls into the same boat as T2, just thinking maybe the game and the remasterness of it should maybe be reviewed on there own in some way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3   MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

MY BRAIN HAD A THINK ABOUT A GAM3
Page 3 of 30Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next