Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition  Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition    Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition  EmptyMon 21 May 2018 - 10:24

Capcom announced this morning that Res Evil 7 is coming to Switch this week (well in Japan at least) as a Cloud Edition, now this isn't new as Phantasy Star has a Cloud Version along with DQX on 3DS but I think the difference here is one is a single player game and the others are MMOs that being online and paying a sub makes sense.

I don't know if this is good news or not as you would think the Switch wouldn't be able to run RE7 but due to Cloud gaming it now can but you need an internet connection meaning you're going to have to play at home, and then it's a subscribe which is 2000 yen for 180 days which is plenty of time to beat RE7 and all the DLC.

The other things I've seen people bring up is will you need Nintendo Online Pass to play these as well as the sub, seen a few worried about game saves I don't know why maybe with it being an internet connection things don't save right sometime and then if you played wired the LAN adapter has some sort of cap which might affect the streaming.

If this works then I couldn't see why Monster Hunter World, for instance, couldn't come to Switch in this way.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition    Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition  EmptyMon 21 May 2018 - 20:56

So is it streaming a better-rendered version to your Switch? I'm not sure I'm following. I don't want to dismiss this out of hand, as there are lot of ways of accessing games that we're all quite used to now. But I still don't really get this.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition    Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition  EmptyMon 21 May 2018 - 22:03

Basically, the game is being played on a PC somewhere, the image is sent to the Switch, then you input commands with the controller which is then sent back to the PC and they then happen on the screen.

Input lack is the big one and I know it's a PSNOW with fighting games but fine things like Beyond: Two Souls,

I tweeted about this and my first response was it's bad and Capcom is being lazy when DOOM/Wolfenstein are on Switch that shows you can make cuts but still have a decent game.

Now I personally think DOOM is the best and worst thing to happen to Switch as now, and I've seen game media say it as well that everything can come to Switch as that's on it. Where we all know the Frostbite & Luminous engine won't work properly on Switch and Digital Foundry sort of proved this, that who's to say the engine RE7 is using won't work on Switch. That I don't know and maybe Capcom is being lazy but I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt that this is the only way to get RE7 in a playable state on Switch.

The other thing TSmurf brought up and is the bigger one as you're going to play at home, you get things like the input lag, that you may as well play on a PS4/ONE/PC instead.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition    Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition  EmptyWed 23 May 2018 - 15:12

I think it's a pretty bad idea, all told. I've never really though streamed gaming would work well, especially not over here. It'll cost loads for publishers to provide as a service, it's not guaranteed to work well depending on how your internet is feeling that day and like you said, why wouldn't you just buy a physical copy of the game instead? Thumbs down from me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition    Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition  EmptyWed 23 May 2018 - 15:23

Well has to be a percentage of people like Balla who own Switches and if cloud gaming is the only way they could get RE7 and let's say Monster Hunter World, Red Dead 2 isn't that a good thing?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition    Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition  EmptyWed 23 May 2018 - 15:28

More games to more people is always a good thing, but the execution needs to be right. As far as I can tell, there's no refund option available on Switch, so I think it's a must that the developers offer a demo version of this sort of technology to make sure it works right for you. Otherwise, you're pissing money down the drain for something that won't work well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition    Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition  EmptyWed 23 May 2018 - 18:46

I think I've been pretty negative about Switch news recently, so in interests of keeping morale up I'm leaving this thread never to return (unless it comes out with a completely different structure down the line).
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition    Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition  EmptyWed 23 May 2018 - 18:49

Yeah you're Jay, the trial needs to be more than 15mins maybe a hour would be better.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition    Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition  EmptyThu 24 May 2018 - 0:32

Can't really say much that hasn't really been said, I suppose it's a good prospect if it means we'll get some games we couldn't have otherwise but I dislike the idea of not owning a game and having to pay for it again somewhere down the line if I fancy playing it again. No
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition    Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition  EmptySun 27 May 2018 - 9:35

This "stream the reuslts to you" system, to me, seems like there are too many points of failure. I was never interested in PSNow, or whatever it's called.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition    Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition  EmptySun 27 May 2018 - 10:44

It is such an odd one as we get films and TV like that but with games, we've seen PSNOW which does work but for some games like Street Fighter the lag is too much to play it online but then we've seen MS take on it where you actually download the game but wouldn't help with RE7 due not being a proper Switch version in the first place.

I'm still in the mindset if it means games that the Switch can't handle natively come to the system for those that do want to play them but don't have any other means, I do think this is a small percentage but if the Switch does the numbers Nintendo want by the end of year 2 and it's on 38m sold and there is 0.5% of that who only have a switch that's still 1.9m people.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition    Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition  EmptyThu 31 May 2018 - 19:59

I just don't think streamed games work for anything that requires even a modicum of reaction time. It's fine for your David Cage titles or Telltale games, but anything quicker paced than that would start to make me frustrated thanks to input lag.

Don't tell me you actually tried a fighter on it, Mas...?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition    Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition  EmptyFri 1 Jun 2018 - 10:24

Yeah played some Street Fighter as I remember I had to cover it for Gintendo back when it was in the BETA and I thought it was fine for Arcade Mode but could see it being bad for online multiplayer.

Now that was awhile ago and it might be better now as I guess internet always getting better.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition    Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition  EmptyFri 1 Jun 2018 - 21:50

I still wouldn't play a streamed fighter. I get frustrated enough when there's a minute bit of lag in Injustice 2, let alone a potential heavy input delay!

For those that have played RE7, do you reckon it needs twitch reactions and would suffer over a streaming service?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition    Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition  EmptyFri 1 Jun 2018 - 22:56

Nah it's rather slow paced, we should have got our man on the ground Drunka to have a go.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition    Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition  EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022 - 18:39

Cloud gaming is still here and growing looks at Xbox

And with that Capcom are bringing to the west this time not just in Japan, RE7, Village and the two remakes will now join them.

Guess this could mean ReMake 4 makes it to Switch, just I guess all of you can or will play native on something else.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition    Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition  EmptySun 18 Sep 2022 - 16:00

We've had out house upgraded to MEGAFIBRE - because basically Milton Keynes' "modern" cable solution was out of date so they're doing it everywhere; but I still would rather not stream an interactive thing like that.

Unless it was streamed hams
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition    Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition  EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 19:05

Jimbob wrote:

Unless it was streamed hams

I thought we were getting streamed clams?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition    Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition  Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 7 Where WiFi is the Scariest Monster Edition
Page 1 of 1